SportsWrath

If we go LB in round 1, who do you want?

parlintm

Guest Nutty Sack
I'd want the Giants to pick a RB in the first round....all those LB's will be there in the second round.

The defense is priority one !! We better take the best defensive athlete available, DT, LB or CB.

Guest Floyd The Barber
The defense is priority one !! We better take the best defensive athlete available, DT, LB or CB.

good call...this has been the NYG philosphy over the years for the most part, but then there are some years where there selections have left us, the fan, scratching our heads...like the selection of William Joseph, or the selection of Shaun Williams, or the choice of players from no-where schools...

Absolutely. Why would you want a running back -- Barber, Ward, and Jacobs aren't enough for you? And in the 1st Round? Gee...and I thought I was the one doing bong hits.

Anyway...if we go LB in the 1st Round I'd be happy with Ernie Sims, D'Qwell Jackson, Abdul Hodge...Ryans, Carpenter, Greenaway. They're all good, and God knows we can use the help. But there are also LB's that I'd like to see us target in the middle rounds, too -- guys like Spencer Havner, Gerris Wilkerson...hell, even Rocky McIntosh (just to make Money happy). I'd like to see us grab two LB's in the first five rounds. Like I said, we can use the help.

Absolutely. Why would you want a running back -- Barber, Ward, and Jacobs aren't enough for you? And in the 1st Round? Gee...and I thought I was the one doing bong hits.

Anyway...if we go LB in the 1st Round I'd be happy with Ernie Sims, D'Qwell Jackson, Abdul Hodge...Ryans, Carpenter, Greenaway. They're all good, and God knows we can use the help. But there are also LB's that I'd like to see us target in the middle rounds, too -- guys like Spencer Havner, Gerris Wilkerson...hell, even Rocky McIntosh (just to make Money happy). I'd like to see us grab two LB's in the first five rounds. Like I said, we can use the help.

What if Lindell White was available in the first round when it came time for a Giants pick? Or Deangelo Williams?

What if Lindell White was available in the first round when it came time for a Giants pick? Or Deangelo Williams?

I'd do it. That's hypothetical of course but guys with those talent I believe are just guys you can't pass up on. Now, obviously if we're being more hypothetical and it's Vince Young or Jay Cutler, the answer is no because we are going to have Eli for a while. However, Tiki has stated that it's one or two more years for him. That would be kind of like the Larry Johnson scenario if we did draft White or Williams (which will not happen).

I'd do it. That's hypothetical of course but guys with those talent I believe are just guys you can't pass up on. Now, obviously if we're being more hypothetical and it's Vince Young or Jay Cutler, the answer is no because we are going to have Eli for a while. However, Tiki has stated that it's one or two more years for him. That would be kind of like the Larry Johnson scenario if we did draft White or Williams (which will not happen).

I liken it to the Marshall Faulk/ S. Jackson situation IF the Giants were to 'steal' a Lendell or a Deangelo in the draft.

I liken it to the Marshall Faulk/ S. Jackson situation IF the Giants were to 'steal' a Lendell or a Deangelo in the draft.

Maybe I'd go with Money's idea of trading down but I'd want a lot.

Lendale White's going to be a hell of a player, I really don't want to pass up on that. I don't see why I bother go into detail though, figuring this isn't going to happen.

Guest Nutty Sack

Don't make me laugh. Serviceable running backs are a dime a dozen and the best don't win Super Bowls for you. You need only look at Tiki Barber. He was the best RB in the NFL last year and it didn't help us one bit .(see zero points in the playoffs) Defense wins Super Bowls. I want a defensive player picked with every choice we have. Build a stud unit like we had in the mid 80's. It's so easy to figure. What is EA doing ??

Yeah I know the Fab Four doesn't know what they are talking about. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, !!!

Don't make me laugh. Serviceable running backs are a dime a dozen and the best don't win Super Bowls for you. You need only look at Tiki Barber. He was the best RB in the NFL last year and it didn't help us one bit .(see zero points in the playoffs) Defense wins Super Bowls. I want a defensive player picked with every choice we have. Build a stud unit like we had in the mid 80's. It's so easy to figure. What is EA doing ??

Yeah I know the Fab Four doesn't know what they are talking about. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, !!!

Defense doesn't always win Super Bowls. Take Super Bowl XXV as an example -- it proved the old adage that "the best defense is a good offense."

Guest Nutty Sack
Defense doesn't always win Super Bowls. Take Super Bowl XXV as an example -- it proved the old adage that "the best defense is a good offense."

I'll take a dominant defense over a dominant offense anytime. We better be picking the best available with every pick.

I'll take a dominant defense over a dominant offense anytime. We better be picking the best available with every pick.

With the possible exception of a good O-Lineman (or two) in the mid-to-later rounds, I'm pretty sure we'll emphasize defense in the draft -- free-agency, too.

But you shouldn't discount the importance of offense. I'm sure the Bears won't.

Lendale is my kinds of running back big and powerful but i would either trade down with maybe pitt and then get Simms, Greenway, Jackson, or Ryans

#1 Jackson

#2 Greenway

#3 Ryans

#4 Simms

but i wouldnt have a problem w/ either and i think that they are all close to each other no one over another by a lot

Guest Nutty Sack
What if the best is Chad Jackson?

Funny I responded to this and it disappears. Guess to much logic was involved or perhaps I'm on the Giants.com board ??

In my other topic, regarding Accorsi's moves and upgrading the secondary, I threw out a mock draft that included us drafting a LB in round 1. It generated some interest so I thought that this could be a good topic on its own.

I listed my preferences in this order: Howard, Sims, Ryans, Dqwell Jackson, Carpenter

The reason that Howard edges out Sims in my book is because he used to play safety so he's got great hands and is good in coverage, hits like a train and he doesnt have the injury history. I also think Howard has a much higher ceiling than Sims.

Here are the scouting reports on each player:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...omashoward.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr.../erniesims.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...emecoryans.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ycarpenter.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...elljackson.html

Ernie Sims

• 4 years later...