SportsWrath

Pedro will miss the playoffs

RandolphScott

He actually has a left calf tendon tear, 4-6 weeks, combined with the tightness in the right calf.

Well here is what we have, we have already lost what was our best bullpen arm in Sanchez and now what is our best starter(of course when healthy), tough odds to overcome.

We're mad now but I think this is for the best, that is, him missing the post-season. He wasn't gonna do shit anyway after what we saw yesterday, and it was just a temptation that we were going to give into and may have regretted big time.

This is what we gave 53 mill for, let's hope he'll be good for next year. Hopefully with this in mind, Omar knows there is urgency to get a guy like Zito.

We're mad now but I think this is for the best, that is, him missing the post-season. He wasn't gonna do shit anyway after what we saw yesterday, and it was just a temptation that we were going to give into and may have regretted big time.

This is what we gave 53 mill for, let's hope he'll be good for next year. Hopefully with this in mind, Omar knows there is urgency to get a guy like Zito.

Omar doesn't have any intention of going after Zito... he tried to swing a move for Oswalt but the stros didn't bite. We've got pedro, glavine, and the rest for next year.

"Zito ain't no Oswalt"

Fuck Pedro, we've won it without him, we'll win without him again.

Omar doesn't have any intention of going after Zito... he tried to swing a move for Oswalt but the stros didn't bite. We've got pedro, glavine, and the rest for next year.

"Zito ain't no Oswalt"

Fuck Pedro, we've won it without him, we'll win without him again.

I've been a little bit out of it the last month with the Mets, what has happened that makes you think that Omar won't go after Barry?

The face that Mets scouts came out and said Zito ain't no Oswalt and Roy was Omar's man.

The Mets have enough guys like Zito, they are either going to get a power arm or develop Pelfrey and Humber, 2 hard throwers.

Zito will not be a Met.

Schmidt of the Giants seems like a logical possibility.

getting older though. I think you haveto bring back El Duque now, just because he is such a valuable commodity, even if he spends 2 months disinterested. Tracshel probably leaves and gets rteplaced by pelfrey. The X factor is Oliver Perez, a hard throwing lefty, who if he gets his shit together like in 04 has NASTY stuff. 94-97 mph fastball. get to work rick peterson

getting older though. I think you haveto bring back El Duque now, just because he is such a valuable commodity, even if he spends 2 months disinterested. Tracshel probably leaves and gets rteplaced by pelfrey. The X factor is Oliver Perez, a hard throwing lefty, who if he gets his shit together like in 04 has NASTY stuff. 94-97 mph fastball. get to work rick peterson

2 years, and don't make it a mistake like Pedro here.

Pedro just isn't an ace anymore... neither is Glavine if he would return. We can't have another year like this without an ace and Omar knows this... he'll make some kind of move and I don't think El Duque will be a met next year.

Pedro just isn't an ace anymore... neither is Glavine if he would return. We can't have another year like this without an ace and Omar knows this... he'll make some kind of move and I don't think El Duque will be a met next year.

They got you to were you are now. :huh:

I am, too. You just wouldn't know what you're getting now. Opens a spot up for Maine... it's his chance to shine.

BTW, love the sig.

Closet Jets fan. :rock:

But yeah, I love Endy.

And with the way the Cards are choking, Maine has dominated the Astros, who we'd play if Phillies win the WC.

I just fucking hope I never have to see Trachsel start a playoff game for the Mets EVER.

My god I am reading that people have more confidence with a pitcher that in his career has pitched less than 100 majoe league innings over a first ballot hall of famer, with more career post season innings than this man has career IP. :LMAO:

You do realize that the Pedro you saw the past 4 starts was a hurt Pedro? Thats what is so bad, having a hurt Pedro. There is no masking this as anything but a huge loss.

Oliver perez at 24 and left handed is quite intriguing as a #4 or #5?

Was Pedro not an ace in April and May when healthy he was averaging 1.5 k's/ip. his ERA was a shade over 2 and his batting average against was .187?

My god I am reading that people have more confidence with a pitcher that in his career has pitched less than 100 majoe league innings over a first ballot hall of famer, with more career post season innings than this man has career IP. :LMAO:

You do realize that the Pedro you saw the past 4 starts was a hurt Pedro? Thats what is so bad, having a hurt Pedro. There is no masking this as anything but a huge loss.

I didn't mean that I'm more confident with Maine, I meant I felt more confident without a shaky and injured Pedro who can only hit 85 tops with his fastball anymore, and even that is lucky. He is too hurt, has been too hurt, and shouldn't have been pushing it like he was.

I know Pedro is Pedro, and I know he wants to be the warrior and the hero, but I didn't want him to keep pushing it and hurt him further down the line for those final 2 years.

They've won without him for a good portion of the season, so hopefully their situational hitting, hell, hitting in general, will improve before the postseason.

Looks good tonight, so we just need to go in and kick the shit out of Washington and send a message.

Let's go Mets!

I didn't mean that I'm more confident with Maine, I meant I felt more confident without a shaky and injured Pedro who can only hit 85 tops with his fastball anymore, and even that is lucky. He is too hurt, has been too hurt, and shouldn't have been pushing it like he was.

I know Pedro is Pedro, and I know he wants to be the warrior and the hero, but I didn't want him to keep pushing it and hurt him further down the line for those final 2 years.

They've won without him for a good portion of the season, so hopefully their situational hitting, hell, hitting in general, will improve before the postseason.

Looks good tonight, so we just need to go in and kick the shit out of Washington and send a message.

Let's go Mets!

This is a huge huge huge loss. Overcoming no Pedro 100% in the regular season was doable, Not having him there for the playoffs at 100% is a HUGE loss.

When Sanchez went down in July I remember saying, the only other guy on this staff we could ill afford to not be 100% is Pedro.

How big is it now that Glavine was ok with that artery issue?

This is a huge huge huge loss. Overcoming no Pedro 100% in the regular season was doable, Not having him there for the playoffs at 100% is a HUGE loss.

When Sanchez went down in July I remember saying, the only other guy on this staff we could ill afford to not be 100% is Pedro.

I'm not convinced he is 100% healthy either <_<:unsure:

Oh, and I'm not trying to spin it as it not being a huge huge loss, but if he wasn't healthy, it's better for the Mets and better for Pedro. If he had been healthy directly when he came back from the DL most recently and then got hurt last night, I'd be panicking, but you can tell that he was pretty much not healthy at all, so it was expected.