SportsWrath

Doesnt seem right...

so-cal dub

"Could be the first Asian to win 19 games..."

Why does it seem to me like thats borderline racist? I mean, who cares if he's Asian. He's a hell of a pitcher. I guess being Asian means it a miracle that he'll get 19 wins?

Um, now this is just me speaking, but maybe the author was saying that Wang would be the first Asian pitcher to win 19 games. I could be dead wrong, but I don't think he was saying "Can you beleive it, an asian is gonna win 19 games"

"Could be the first Asian to win 19 games..."

Why does it seem to me like thats borderline racist? I mean, who cares if he's Asian. He's a hell of a pitcher. I guess being Asian means it a miracle that he'll get 19 wins?

It's not racist. Black athletes are celebrated when they become "the first" to accomplish something. If I were Wang, I'd be proud. His success will open doors for other players from his part of the world.

It's not racist. Black athletes are celebrated when they become "the first" to accomplish something. If I were Wang, I'd be proud. His success will open doors for other players from his part of the world.

So you're saying Asians are the new Mexicans? I don't think they'll be as succesfull, they gotta helluva lot longer swim.

So you're saying Asians are the new Mexicans? I don't think they'll be as succesfull, they gotta helluva lot longer swim.

Actually, Mexicans dont have to swim or hop any fences. They just, pretty much, waltz right over the border now. Pretty sad.