SportsWrath

T.o. Taken To Emergency Room

Plax 4 Prez

DALLAS -- Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room for an undisclosed reason Tuesday night, and doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting, according to a television report.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to Baylor Medical Center, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name.

KTVT said a Dallas police spokesperson was en route to the hospital to talk about a "high profile case."

Owens broke the bone leading to his right ring finger a week ago Sunday night. The next day, a plate was screwed in, protecting the bone so it can heal without further damage.

Earlier Tuesday, Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said he expects Owens to rejoin his teammates at practice Wednesday and would start Sunday in Tennessee if he proves he can play.

"It's just, can he withstand the pain of catching the ball?" Parcells said. "When he can stand it, he can play."

With the Cowboys having had a bye last weekend, Owens could return without having missed a game. He's already said he'll play Oct. 8, when he gets to face his former team, the Eagles, in Philadelphia.

Heard on Mike & Mike this morning it was an allergic reaction to the pain killers he was taking for his broken finger and that he's had these reactions in the past.

Question is, what kind of pussy takes pain killers for broken finger? If I can play 5 games of soccer over two days with two broken toes on my main kicking foot and a sprained ankle on my main plant foot, one would think the self-proclaimed tough-guy TO could catch a fucking football.

Heard on Mike & Mike this morning it was an allergic reaction to the pain killers he was taking for his broken finger and that he's had these reactions in the past.

Question is, what kind of pussy takes pain killers for broken finger? If I can play 5 games of soccer over two days with two broken toes on my main kicking foot and a sprained ankle on my main plant foot, one would think the self-proclaimed tough-guy TO could catch a fucking football.

dude he took like 30 pills... I don't think he was trying to "relieve pain". I think he was trying to kill himself

dude he took like 30 pills... I don't think he was trying to "relieve pain". I think he was trying to kill himself

Yeah, this whole thing is kinda fucked up. Conflicting reports about a bad reaction and suicide attempt.

Either way, I wish TO a full recovery and hope he returns to the football field ASAP. If he really did try to kill himself, I hope he takes some time off from the game to get his life under control.

When TO first came up on the 49ers I loved him as a player. He was such a great reciever and seemed very polite and sincere. After Rice left he kinda turned into the TO a bit since he was now the star. He got so much hype and publicity that he just kept pumping up that TO image. A lot of people took offense to it and sincerely hate him for everything he stands for but I just looked at it and laughed every time. That wasn't who TO really was and never could take him seriously.

I hope he's on the field when we play the Cowboys this year. He's a phenomenal athlete who was forced into a persona that didnt fit. It's too bad to see that he was this depressed.

Hopefully we'll get the real Terrell Owens back.