SportsWrath

BURRESS

boohyah

It is very encouraging, but his quote about giving up points can be applied to Tim Carter as well. Carter doesn't drop that pass and he scores. No doubt about it. Even Tyree can be added to that. Granted I don't know if he would've scored, but if he catches his pass in stride it's a helluva lot more than 33 yards. BTW... Where was Sinorice Moss yesterday?

inactive, injured.

Alright look... I'm addressing everyone in this post.

1. Regardless of how you look at it, benching Burress for the rest of the game was fucking retarded. You don't take the best receiver on the team off of the field and still expect to win. Taking him out wasn't making an example out of anything or anyone... it's saying we quit. I agree that maybe taking him out for a series could've fired him up, but it was more detrimental to leave him out. I'm not disputing Tyree's performance here either. David Tyree is a friend of the family so any time he's on the field I'm proud of him, but you put Burress in his position (or Tim Carter's position for that matter) and we probably score on both of those plays.

2. Shockey was completely justified in what he said BUT not where he said it. He's correct... we were out coached. We've been outcoached in every game since the Panthers game. The problem is how he went about it. Think about it for a second. In Shockey's defense... every game you hear about how we want to get him involved early because he's the emotional leader of this offense, but when does he catch his first pass? When is the first pass thrown to him? He can't help the team if he doesn't get the ball in his hands. Now that being said, I DO NOT AGREE with how he called the coaching staff out. It wasn't the right way to handle his frustration. Go to the coaches... not to the media.

3. I'm sick of hearing all this bullshit about how Arrington isn't living up to the hype. I can't stand Troy Aikman but he said it best when addressing the situation yesterday. Tim Lewis claimed to be following the same plan that Washington did when Arrington was a Pro Bowl LB, but I don't remember seeing Arrington drop into coverage on damn near every play in Washington. Now I haven't seen every play of every game this year, but I only remember seeing Arrington blitz ONCE and that was in the Colts game. Playing Arrington the way we are is the equivalent of making Michael Vick a pocket QB. It's retarded. Bottom Line.

4. While we're on the subject of defense... What the fuck is going on here? Why is Fred Robbins the only one that's getting penetration? There's no reason for this. Strahan couldn't have dropped off that much in one year. What the hell is going on with Osi? Is there some reason that we are ALWAYS OUT OF POSITION? If this doesn't get fixed Tim Lewis needs to get fired.

5. Do we have to go through Tiki Barber telling them to give him the ball again? Does our coaching staff really need to be told to get the ball in the hands of the team's MVP? Are they not smart enough to know this already?

6. Going back to the Shockey situation... (and this is directed towards the fans). What makes Shockey calling out coaching different from Barber doing it last year? Like I said before... he was correct in what he said... not who he said it to. Same goes for Barber. Having the media involved makes for a bad situation, but SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

There's more, but I'm tired of typing now.

Great Post. Totally agree with you. :clap:

I know this is a Plaxico post and I apologize for going off topic but how the hell can anyone be as wide open in the EZ as Seattle players were Sunday?

This is the first thing I've said about this game since its conclusion. That's how disgusted I was.

I know this is a Plaxico post and I apologize for going off topic but how the hell can anyone be as wide open in the EZ as Seattle players were Sunday?

This is the first thing I've said about this game since its conclusion. That's how disgusted I was.

what, you don't think a guy rolling in from the 3 yardline, untouched by 2 defenders is good coverage?