SportsWrath

BURRESS

boohyah

Let me point out first of all. I didn't support Plaxico coming here when we signed him. Not trying to get Brownie points, but my previous posts show this. I've also said lavar shouldn't have been signed and we shouldn't have drafted ELi. Plaxico is surly, he is a malcontent. pittsburgh were glad to get rid of him. He's not lived up to the hype coming out out of college. It was based on the amount of money we threw his way to get him here.

That said, he has talent, he's 6ft 5 and did upgrade our wide receiver slots. He's made some fantastic catches since he got here. He's even blocked down on run plays. When Eli threw the ball out of reach, Burress often adjusted his body to make the catch and keep those Eli stat counters happy.

I'm aware he didn't play well today, I'm aware he fumbled last week also. But someone is going to have to explain to me, what reason we benched his ass today. I mean what did he do that wasn't going on all around him. I didn't see any of the defense getting benched, I didn't see Eli getting benched for throwing so badly in the first few possessions. Both interceptions were the results of bad throws. I didn't hear that Tim Lewis get benched for calling sucha shitty game once again. The offensive line jumped 4 times early on, yet no-one got benched.

He didn't play well, but I'm still trying to figure out what he did that was SOOO much worse than everyone

else on the team.

Does he lack discipline?. Yes!. but the Giants knew this, so did Tom, that's right. Tom the disciplinarian!

Tom, the coach of the team that's top five in penalties!

Thank Goodness he cracked down on the dreaded Plaxico today. That'll rectify everything!! :TU:

Wow!. There's some shitty coaching going on with this team!

I agree with some of what booyah is saying here. Not the part about not bringing the players in, but I see no reason why he was benched for the rest of the game. I TC wanted to wake him up a little bit, he could have left him on the sideline for 1 series, but the entire rest of the game was overkill.

TC just doesnt' know how to develop a relationship with some of his players. You can't always take a hard line with everyone. Maybe give him a talking to, sit him down for a couple of plays and send him back in.

I am interesed to see what the other players on the team have to say about this. Having plax on the field in the 4th quarter may really have helped us. Maybe Plax catches the ball that Tyree bobbled a little in stride and takes it to the house saving 2 min. on the clock.

I guess we will never know.

Coughling might've wanted to send a message to the rest of his players. It's ok to use the one who fucked up the most for that purpose.

Just think of that fumble. Had he not fumbled and we went on to score, we would've had 7 points more and 7 points less against us. In other words that one fumble was a 14 point turn around.

coughlin said it wasnt a punishment as to why he was benched, it was his back

If it was his back, why did he come out suited up for the second half. Shouldn't he have been dressed at that stage. Shockey is playing on a bad ankle for 3 weeks now. Carter has ankle problems also.

If it was his back, why did he come out suited up for the second half. Shouldn't he have been dressed at that stage. Shockey is playing on a bad ankle for 3 weeks now. Carter has ankle problems also.

You know what, the coach figured the game was a loss, so why not play our back up to see what they can do since the starter is struggling. Tyree did great.. didn't he?

You know what, the coach figured the game was a loss, so why not play our back up to see what they can do since the starter is struggling. Tyree did great.. didn't he?

I'm not disputing Tyree's play at all. I think he did a great job.

Nas, a lot of our starters were struggling. I mean, if you're going to talk like that why not just take Strahan out and put Kiwanuka in for an extended period of time.

I'm not disputing Tyree's play at all. I think he did a great job.

Nas, a lot of our starters were struggling. I mean, if you're going to talk like that why not just take Strahan out and put Kiwanuka in for an extended period of time.

Well obviously it's unrealistic to take all ur starters out or all the struggling ones. What TC did is pick the one who struggled the most... not for lack of trying either... fumbling the ball is unacceptable. No player should ever fumble.. ever. So if you're going to make an example out of one player, take it out on the one who fucked up the most.. in this case Burress. totally acceptable.

Well obviously it's unrealistic to take all ur starters out or all the struggling ones. What TC did is pick the one who struggled the most... not for lack of trying either... fumbling the ball is unacceptable. No player should ever fumble.. ever. So if you're going to make an example out of one player, take it out on the one who fucked up the most.. in this case Burress. totally acceptable.

Nas, Eli threw 2 int's before Plax had his meltdown. It's his job to make throws his wideouts can catch. If they can't catch it and it's incomplete, it's one thing. But he threw them way off target. Toomer made 5 yards of room on that play and Eli threw it behind him. That's not acceptable.

Nas, Eli threw 2 int's before Plax had his meltdown. It's his job to make throws his wideouts can catch. If they can't catch it and it's incomplete, it's one thing. But he threw them way off target. Toomer made 5 yards of room on that play and Eli threw it behind him. That's not acceptable.

I understand that. But Eli came back and made great throws... let's not forget what he did against philly.

If you had to pick one player who was awful today, would you pick Eli or Burress?

I understand that. But Eli came back and made great throws... let's not forget what he did against philly.

If you had to pick one player who was awful today, would you pick Eli or Burress?

Nas, answer this. Last week, did Plaxico play bad because he fumbled the ball, or good because he made a game winning catch?

As for today. Eli played the entire game, Burress did not. If you factor everything in then I'd say Eli played better. But I think you're kind of missing my point.

There's no reason to post blame on anyone... Eli played poorly in the 1st and some od the 2nd quarter, both or RB's played good, our recievers (mostly Carter and Burress) sucked today, our defense was the worst I've seen since the Texans played the Colts LAST YEAR.... there is plenty of blame to go around... my first thing is I hate have a crybaby ass TE in J. Shockey... I'm sick of him crying like a little school girl, "wahhhh....wahhhh" SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DO WHAT YOUR TOLD YOU FUCKEN BABY!!!

Eli did what he did with what he had... when Jennings and Tyree were out there he did fine... our team needs,

TO GROW THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for your time... GO METS! (atleast they know how to play thier sport <_< , I have not given up on the Giants, I'm just so upset, that I just want to think about my NL leading Mets)

Nas, answer this. Last week, did Plaxico play bad because he fumbled the ball, or good because he made a game winning catch?

As for today. Eli played the entire game, Burress did not. If you factor everything in then I'd say Eli played better. But I think you're kind of missing my point.

Last week Plax made tremedous catches. The fumble was stupid.. he should know how to hold on to the ball. Hey, maybe I'm missing the point.. I just know the coach had to send a message and he took it out on the guy who underperformed the most.

Alright look... I'm addressing everyone in this post.

1. Regardless of how you look at it, benching Burress for the rest of the game was fucking retarded. You don't take the best receiver on the team off of the field and still expect to win. Taking him out wasn't making an example out of anything or anyone... it's saying we quit. I agree that maybe taking him out for a series could've fired him up, but it was more detrimental to leave him out. I'm not disputing Tyree's performance here either. David Tyree is a friend of the family so any time he's on the field I'm proud of him, but you put Burress in his position (or Tim Carter's position for that matter) and we probably score on both of those plays.

2. Shockey was completely justified in what he said BUT not where he said it. He's correct... we were out coached. We've been outcoached in every game since the Panthers game. The problem is how he went about it. Think about it for a second. In Shockey's defense... every game you hear about how we want to get him involved early because he's the emotional leader of this offense, but when does he catch his first pass? When is the first pass thrown to him? He can't help the team if he doesn't get the ball in his hands. Now that being said, I DO NOT AGREE with how he called the coaching staff out. It wasn't the right way to handle his frustration. Go to the coaches... not to the media.

3. I'm sick of hearing all this bullshit about how Arrington isn't living up to the hype. I can't stand Troy Aikman but he said it best when addressing the situation yesterday. Tim Lewis claimed to be following the same plan that Washington did when Arrington was a Pro Bowl LB, but I don't remember seeing Arrington drop into coverage on damn near every play in Washington. Now I haven't seen every play of every game this year, but I only remember seeing Arrington blitz ONCE and that was in the Colts game. Playing Arrington the way we are is the equivalent of making Michael Vick a pocket QB. It's retarded. Bottom Line.

4. While we're on the subject of defense... What the fuck is going on here? Why is Fred Robbins the only one that's getting penetration? There's no reason for this. Strahan couldn't have dropped off that much in one year. What the hell is going on with Osi? Is there some reason that we are ALWAYS OUT OF POSITION? If this doesn't get fixed Tim Lewis needs to get fired.

5. Do we have to go through Tiki Barber telling them to give him the ball again? Does our coaching staff really need to be told to get the ball in the hands of the team's MVP? Are they not smart enough to know this already?

6. Going back to the Shockey situation... (and this is directed towards the fans). What makes Shockey calling out coaching different from Barber doing it last year? Like I said before... he was correct in what he said... not who he said it to. Same goes for Barber. Having the media involved makes for a bad situation, but SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

There's more, but I'm tired of typing now.

Not only should Tiki be seeing more of the ball, But Jacobs is averaging 7 yards per carry and looks like a beast out there when he plays. Yesterday, we were 21-0 down and Tiki went 10 yards, then Jacobs went 9. We're on the 50 on a 2nd and one and instead of running Jacobs for the first down, we throw. Bust that big fucker thorugh the line for pete's sakes, that's why we got him!! :furious:

THIS.....

"

Plaxico Burress took his yanking in stride.

"I let my team down," Burress said after Seahawks 42, Giants 30. "I went out there and had two turnovers. If I wouldn't have made those turnovers, we probably could have won the football game.

"Those things I put on me. I'm not gonna sit here and make excuses. I chose to go out there and play, and that was the outcome of the way I played. You better believe that when I come back in two weeks [after the bye] I'll be ready"

....is called man-ing up and its very encouraging.

THIS.....

"

....is called man-ing up and its very encouraging.

It is very encouraging, but his quote about giving up points can be applied to Tim Carter as well. Carter doesn't drop that pass and he scores. No doubt about it. Even Tyree can be added to that. Granted I don't know if he would've scored, but if he catches his pass in stride it's a helluva lot more than 33 yards. BTW... Where was Sinorice Moss yesterday?