SportsWrath

What accorsi will actually do

parlintm

Ty Law did not play well last year. Ask Exit 117...

I saw a fair amount of games that he was in. He always seemed to stand out and watching him play, I always thought that we definitely didn't have a player of his caliber in our secondary. He did have 10 int's, that's not an accident.

Also, Ty Law is a veteran who has accomplished basically everything there is for him to accomplish. Hes been a probowler, won the superbowl etc... Last year he was making a cool $10 mill playing for a non contender. He has made it clear that his priority is winning a SB. Put onto a team that is in the hunt for a SB, I imagine would motivate him unlike anything he had last year. I think he would step his game up. Also having a player of his experience and caliber would only rub off on the rest of our young secondary. There are definitely worse teammates for a young CB than Ty Law.

Law, Tike, Goat and Strahan would give us veteran leadership all over the field, offense and defense. As the Steelers showed, veteran motivation doesnt hurt.

I saw a fair amount of games that he was in. He always seemed to stand out and watching him play, I always thought that we definitely didn't have a player of his caliber in our secondary. He did have 10 int's, that's not an accident.

Also, Ty Law is a veteran who has accomplished basically everything there is for him to accomplish. Hes been a probowler, won the superbowl etc... Last year he was making a cool $10 mill playing for a non contender. He has made it clear that his priority is winning a SB. Put onto a team that is in the hunt for a SB, I imagine would motivate him unlike anything he had last year. I think he would step his game up. Also having a player of his experience and caliber would only rub off on the rest of our young secondary. There are definitely worse teammates for a young CB than Ty Law.

Law, Tike, Goat and Strahan would give us veteran leadership all over the field, offense and defense. As the Steelers showed, veteran motivation doesnt hurt.

The Jets entered 2005 with Super Bowl aspirations as well.

Ty Law was a penalty machine last year. Our resident Jets fan was actually happy to see him cut...

I think anytime that you have the chance to win the superbowl... the future becomes the present. You do whatever it takes to win it. If you're one piece away, and you have the chance to get that, you do it. Ty Law, just might be it.

Also I don't think he's necessarily risking the future by signing Law instead of Allen. Allen is NOT the long term solution. He might fit in this season, but I guarantee you we would get his replacement very soon.

If we had Gibril and Law in the secondary, that would be 2 playmakers. Webster has shown that he has a nose for the ball as well. Butler is a question mark, but he's definitely shown that he can at least catch the interception when it comes his way, unlike Allen. That could potentially be a sick secondary, full of playmakers.

But Law isn't even that good. Keep in mind that he has played against these QBs:

Frerotte twice

Losman and Holcomb

Tuiasasopo

Brooks

Vick

Griese

And those are just some QBs off the top of my head. The only thing he really has to himself is his name and those 10 picks. His multiple penalties would give TC a headcase and don't think that he'd have as many INTs here as he did with the Jets. The amount of money he would get vs. the production he would give us wouldn't be worth it. Madison has been cut by the Dolphins. If EA really wants to get the big name guy, it'd be better off with him. As I know of, Sam won't be asking for as much as Law and is still a decent CB.

Another guy to look out for is Ronde Barber. With no CBA extension probable, he may very well be cut.

btw, I'm not implying that we should sign Madison, I'm just throwing a name out there.

Edited by gateb

But Law isn't even that good. Keep in mind that he has played against these QBs:

Frerotte twice

Losman and Holcomb

Tuiasasopo

Brooks

Vick

Griese

And those are just some QBs off the top of my head. The only thing he really has to himself is his name and those 10 picks. His multiple penalties would give TC a headcase and don't think that he'd have as many INTs here as he did with the Jets. The amount of money he would get vs. the production he would give us wouldn't be worth it. Madison has been cut by the Dolphins. If EA really wants to get the big name guy, it'd be better off with him. As I know of, Sam won't be asking for as much as Law and is still a decent CB.

Another guy to look out for is Ronde Barber. With no CBA extension probable, he may very well be cut.

btw, I'm not implying that we should sign Madison, I'm just throwing a name out there.

10 picks is 10 picks, WA wouldn't have had even close to that number but I think its becoming a moot point. With the failure to reach a CBA extension, the market should soon be flooded with talent at all positions. Sam Madison is just the first cap casualty, IMO.

The Giants should have their pick of a quality FA CB, without having to go anywhere near the 8-10 million dollar range. This plan, of signing a quality CB (and i mean Ty Law, Sam Madison, Ronde Barber) is only becoming more likely as this offseason progresses. I think it's going to be very interesting to see who the Giants go after, and whether or not we get them at a discount due to the unique offseason circumstances.

Can you provide a link where Ty Law makes it clear his motivation is to win a Super Bowl? Everything I've heard come out of his mouth sounds like a guy looking for a fat paycheck first, title contender second.

Can you provide a link where Ty Law makes it clear his motivation is to win a Super Bowl? Everything I've heard come out of his mouth sounds like a guy looking for a fat paycheck first, title contender second.

Couldn't find the link, but he said something along the lines "I'm just looking to play for a contender...." and then he went on to say that he would play for the Dolphins only if he thought they could contend, part of which included steven Mcnair.

He was just on Quite Frankly and he said he had no clue where he was headed. Although, when asked which teams to look out for (in terms of winning the SB) he menitoned San Diego, saying they were only a defensive player or two... sounded kinda like he was angling to get himself there. As I mentioned, there's a great chance he goes to them.

He gave me the opposite impression when he was asked what it would take to get him to play for the Fins .. his answer:

"A 10 million dollar signing bonus"

Doesn't sound like guy who's sole goal is winning another title before he retires.

He gave me the opposite impression when he was asked what it would take to get him to play for the Fins .. his answer:

"A 10 million dollar signing bonus"

Doesn't sound like guy who's sole goal is winning another title before he retires.

Prior to Sam Madison being on the market, Law was really the best option. Now that Madison is available, I think he's the better choice, partly because he's never won a super bowl so he would get on the win a super bowl for the veterans train. Strahan, Tiki and Amani are already aboard.