SportsWrath

We've given up 50 points in 2 games

Nas

I miss those days when our D was so dependable we knew the opposition would have a 3 and out. Now.. oh brother. I know Fox is the Head coach of Carolina but damn.. are good defensive coordiantors extinct?

No, they're coaching Baltimore, Chicago, and Jacksonville.

Your exactly right. Were not really giving up the long ball, but the West coast offense is killing us.

Tight ends and running backs out of the backfield are killing us, and will until we get someone in the middle of the field to cover them, you can expect it to continue. The defense we're using now works when the opponent gets into the redzone, but it allows them to drive the field almost effortlessly and gives them easy field goals.

There is one not as dirty spot. Our Run D has been decent.

We don't really do anything well on Defense now. To fix our problems against Seattle is a real difficult task. If we win we will win a similar game as our first two, high scoring and Eli and the offense coming on late with Hufnagel using the no-huddle. Once again Mike and Osi will get no pressure Robbins will get our only sack. Lavar will loaf around. Emmons will break his walker pursuing Shaun Alexander. Will Demps and Gibril Wilson will be late on every play. Jerramy Stevens will MURDER us.

I have a prediction, the Seahawks will convert 12 of 15 third downs.

We will go 12-4 JUST LIKE THIS!

Tim Lewis' strategy is brilliant. Let the opponents offense run all the way down the field on every drive, giving up as many points as necessary. This way, by the 4th quarter, the offense is EXHAUSTED.

:mellow:

Well, it worked last week...

Would certainly seem that's the approach we're taking. :doh:

I'd be happy taking the same approach, only why don't we get a little bit motivated and just limit them to FGs. That's not asking too much I don't think. 3 successful plays in a row on defense shouldn't be that difficult.

Coughlin is starting high paid press clippings

while tigers like Kiwi, Tuck, and Blackburn languish on the bench

You want Blackburn over Pierce? I can see Torbor over Arrington, who hasn't done much yet, and even Wilkinson over Emmons, who did have a good game; but sorry, not Pierce.

I'll give you that the defense line is having a real slow start, but they've also gone against two great OLs and QBs with great pocket-awareness. We're not going to run into a QB and line with that much ability again until November. Vick might run on us, but he isn't picking apart our secondary.

When I defense's like Jax, Pittsburgh and Baltimore...I get jealous. They look championship quality in their first two games. We all know the cliche "defense wins championships" and it's so fucking true...even the '99 Rams had a good defense. Our defense does not look like it can even get us to the playoffs at this point.

When I defense's like Jax, Pittsburgh and Baltimore...I get jealous. They look championship quality in their first two games. We all know the cliche "defense wins championships" and it's so fucking true...even the '99 Rams had a good defense. Our defense does not look like it can even get us to the playoffs at this point.

The '99 Rams had a "good enough" defense. But I wouldn't call that defense a particularly good one. But with that offense, it didn't matter as much.

remember that we gave up 98 points in the first 4 games last year too.

then we tightened it up and became a very good D ( until the injuries v Philly ruined our season )

i think that this team will gel and improve ..... and then we will be a very good team by mid season

GO GIANTS

remember that we gave up 98 points in the first 4 games last year too.

then we tightened it up and became a very good D ( until the injuries v Philly ruined our season )

i think that this team will gel and improve ..... and then we will be a very good team by mid season

GO GIANTS

Well let's take comfort in knowing our D is far better than they've shown so far. I really don't wanna wait till game 5 to see them play well.

And if Stra and Osi are both getting double teamed then TL should unleash the LBs and blitz.

9-10-2006 and 9-17-2006 - 50 points allowed

9-11-01 - 3,000 lives lost.

The person who started this thread advocates that the "Big Bad Usa" needs to be destroyed and that those ATTACKS on the WTC and Pentagon were in is opinion "fantastic, and about time...long overdue" (his words not mine)

instead of 50 points being discussed, I would rather ask about 64

64 innocent peoples whose families never saw them again.

Why?

They were on the PLANE that hit the Pentagon, whereas this thread starter has stated many times over "A missle hit the Pentagon, not a plane"...

now, who really wants to talk football at this point?

I do. And if I wanted to talk about this, I'd be over at P&R. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!?!

And I wish you would talk about football IN THIS SECTION as well. You have some good stuff to say about the topic.

Here to you both and you know who you are. This is the last time this is going to happen. Keep all the Al Queda/Jewish/Arab/Penis shit in the P&R forum.

I decided to respond today... after you guys failed to do anything about him. And when I call you guys nazis and provide proof such as this very case, you all get offended.

Ok dude, enough of you. I'm here to discuss the New York Football Giants. I don't want to get involved in politics in this section. Please shut your trap.

Thanks.

:rock: NAS IS DA MAN!! :rock:

keep each section to what it pertains too... or else :furious:

After 3 weeks, we've allowed a league-high 92 points. Sure the defense was put in bad spots thanks to turnovers against Seattle (28 points off 4 turnovers). But the defense didn't hold them to field goals either. I don't know why our defense sucks so bad. I can't pinpoint it. We're not getting the pass rush we were supposed to be really good at.. our corners can't cover anyone.. and our LBs make great tackles... after the opposing team had gained 20 yards.. :furious:

After 3 weeks, we've allowed a league-high 92 points. Sure the defense was put in bad spots thanks to turnovers against Seattle (28 points off 4 turnovers). But the defense didn't hold them to field goals either. I don't know why our defense sucks so bad. I can't pinpoint it. We're not getting the pass rush we were supposed to be really good at.. our corners can't cover anyone.. and our LBs make great tackles... after the opposing team had gained 20 yards.. :furious:

Secondary showing poorly is direct result of not getting any QB pressure at all. Can't ask them to cover forever. Run defense isn't bad, but that doesn't mean anything when they pass all day long.

Guest MontyPython
:rock: NAS IS DA MAN!! :rock:

keep each section to what it pertains too... or else :furious:

sure he is!

he also wants to destroy the "big Bad USA"

he can't have it both ways!

fuck him