SportsWrath

Pierce pre-snap movements

Guest MontyPython

Guest MontyPython

After watching the NFL channels replay of the NYG's vs Colts, it appears to me that Pierce expended energy running around behind the D-line, trying to get into P mannings head.

unfortunately, he was a step or 2 behind Dallas Clark on most of his catches.

Anyone else think Pierce "out thunk" himself with those antics? granted, he had 11 tackles....but what good are those if the TE/WR/RB caught the ball and got a first down?

also, Lavar seemed to be a few steps behind every play. rust or awareness? or both?

any thoughts on this?

After watching the NFL channels replay of the NYG's vs Colts, it appears to me that Pierce expended energy running around behind the D-line, trying to get into P mannings head.

unfortunately, he was a step or 2 behind Dallas Clark on most of his catches.

Anyone else think Pierce "out thunk" himself with those antics? granted, he had 11 tackles....but what good are those if the TE/WR/RB caught the ball and got a first down?

also, Lavar seemed to be a few steps behind every play. rust or awareness? or both?

any thoughts on this?

i agree with you. i saw no reason for pierce to have to expend energy everytime peyton went into his hystrionics.

as for lavar, that's him. he's a big play guy but sometimes you don't hear his name called until the big play.

i agree with you. i saw no reason for pierce to have to expend energy everytime peyton went into his hystrionics.

as for lavar, that's him. he's a big play guy but sometimes you don't hear his name called until the big play.

we were trying to do what pittsburgh did... everytime peyton changed the play so would pittsburgh, or at least they would pretend to

Guest MontyPython
we were trying to do what pittsburgh did... everytime peyton changed the play so would pittsburgh, or at least they would pretend to

ok, no problem. but the NFL replay had different camera angles and Pierce was clearly out of place on a few 3rd downs when the ball was snapped. he was attempting to backpedal to where he should have been

AP wasn't trying to get into PM head, his job is to listen to what PM is checking to, if anything, and adjust the D accordingly. He does it to every QB, it just happens 100 time more against PM.

He had to move right up to the line to hear PM, because the stadium was loud Sunday night. It sucks that might take him out of position every once in a while, but thats his job.

Guest MontyPython
AP wasn't trying to get into PM head, his job is to listen to what PM is checking to, if anything, and adjust the D accordingly. He does it to every QB, it just happens 100 time more against PM.

He had to move right up to the line to hear PM, because the stadium was loud Sunday night. It sucks that might take him out of position every once in a while, but thats his job.

no offense, but I never saw Pierce move so much pre-snap...

The stadium was not loud the whole game. i was there, and in person we were all asking each other "what the hell is he doing, and....what is lavar doing?".... even during quiet moments, AP was nearly offside and pointing at Manning, then running backwards and being fooled. and you know what? it was a silent snap count the Colts used, so hearing is mute? no pun intended...lol

no offense, but I never saw Pierce move so much pre-snap...

The stadium was not loud the whole game. i was there, and in person we were all asking each other "what the hell is he doing, and....what is lavar doing?".... even during quiet moments, AP was nearly offside and pointing at Manning, then running backwards and being fooled. and you know what? it was a silent snap count the Colts used, so hearing is mute? no pun intended...lol

He's not listening for the snap count, he was running up to the line to hear what Manning was yelling to his line, WR, TE, RB etc. If he hears something that he picked up in the weak studying Manning, and he knows what they are gonna run, he adjusts the D as needed.

I understand the stadium may not have been loud the entire game, but it still can't be easy to hear when you are on a field surrounded by 78,000 people.

Guest MontyPython
He was jamming Peytons calls also. Trying to throw off the Offense.

it didn't work too well then, did it? espc on 3rd down...

yea, in the stadium near me we were liking his antics in the beginning of the game....but it got old after a while, espc when P manning hit those 3rd down plays.

I love Pierce, his tenacity and attitude...I just thought he put himself behind the 8-ball a few times with his historantics.

Guest JACKSTROUD7

Pierce may well be the most over-rated player to ever put on a Giants uniform

He's not an impact player, and he fails miserably in pass coverage.......... and the one thing a MLB must do to an offense- strike fear in them

no one is afraid of being hit by Antonio Pierce

think of all the grat MLBs- Huff, Singletary, Butkus, Carson, Nitscke, Lambert etc etc.......all had one thing in common......they were mean, and they hit like a ton of bricks......they were also very mobile, and athletic

if they could not hit hard.......they had the speed to chase down anyone in the lOS area

I watched a film clip of Pierce trying to cover a TE recently in a practice.........he looked totally overmatched, and stiff........no real athleticism

Pierce may well be the most over-rated player to ever put on a Giants uniform

He's not an impact player, and he fails miserably in pass coverage.......... and the one thing a MLB must do to an offense- strike fear in them

no one is afraid of being hit by Antonio Pierce

think of all the grat MLBs- Huff, Singletary, Butkus, Carson, Nitscke, Lambert etc etc.......all had one thing in common......they were mean, and they hit like a ton of bricks......they were also very mobile, and athletic

if they could not hit hard.......they had the speed to chase down anyone in the lOS area

I watched a film clip of Pierce trying to cover a TE recently in a practice.........he looked totally overmatched, and stiff........no real athleticism

Jeb Putzier is afraid of being hit by Antonio Pierce.

Guest JACKSTROUD7
Jeb Putzier is afraid of being hit by Antonio Pierce.

No doubt......but I think you get my point.

This guy plays MLB like Jason Sehorn played CB......after his KO return

I am so sick of hearing how great he is......how irreplaceable he is

what rubbish

Sorry........ the king has no clothes