SportsWrath

Billy Wagner Now Leads Trevor Hoffman For Most Saves!

Plax 4 Prez

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5536

here's billy wagner's player profile page. let's see what stats are shown under his name....oh look at that, record, saves, era, and whip. where's k/9 and baa? oh right, i have to click 'stats' and then look under 'miscellaneous pitching to find those stats.

figures they put the stats near his picture that i consider more important

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5536

here's billy wagner's player profile page. let's see what stats are shown under his name....oh look at that, record, saves, era, and whip. where's k/9 and baa? oh right, i have to click 'stats' and then look under 'miscellaneous pitching to find those stats.

figures they put the stats near his picture that i consider more important

Yeah and I can find profile pages from hundreds of other sites that show them all, not just the ones espn feels are important. Really, how important is a closer's record? Mariano Rivera is 5-5, does that mean he's a mediocre pitcher?

Oh, are those strikeouts listed next to Wagner's profile on the page below? And what's that stat just to the right of whip at the bottom of the page? Oh!! That's baa!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5536

if you honestly think i'm using save percentage, ERA and whip because hoffman is better than wagner at those stats and NOT because they are the primary stats by which closers are measured then i'm convinced you just like to argue with me

if you honestly think i'm using save percentage, ERA and whip because hoffman is better than wagner at those stats and NOT because they are the primary stats by which closers are measured then i'm convinced you just like to argue with me

I'm not arguing with you, just being a fan.

They are pretty much dead even then. Hoffman has slightly better numbers in those categories. His save percentage is 90%, Wagner's is 88%. ERA is very close, too. Wagner started the season off slowly, but has been dominant since mid-June.

How many more saves until Hoffman passes Smith? I know I could just do a search, but I'm lazy.

he needs four. i've love to see him get it while clinching the division or the playoffs and not have to wait till next season.

yeah him and wagner are both having comparable seasons, but neither are having amazing seasons or cy young seasons--i dont think anyone with 4 or 5 blown saves should be in the cy young conversation

he needs four. i've love to see him get it while clinching the division or the playoffs and not have to wait till next season.

yeah him and wagner are both having comparable seasons, but neither are having amazing seasons or cy young seasons--i dont think anyone with 4 or 5 blown saves should be in the cy young conversation

It will be interesting to see who wins it. I can't think of a starting pitcher in the entire league that truly deserves it.