SportsWrath

What was Randolph thinking?

feefifoefum

Top of the 9th, Mets just tie the game at 4. First and third, 2 outs, pitcher's spot due up. Shawn Green, Endy Chavez on the bench and Ricky Ledee is the pinch hitter???? How many times has Chavez come up big for the Mets this season? Not only that, he has entered the game to play left field in the bottom of the 9th,so he was coming into the game anyway. This game may mean very little for the Mets in the standings, but a Marlins loss only makes it harder for them to win the Wild Card. The Mets have had a tough time with Florida recently, and we could have made it that much harder for them to get into the playoffs, if anything. What's the deal Willie?

I'm not dogging Willie here. I think he's done a great job this season, I'm just a little puzzled by this move. :unsure:

Top of the 9th, Mets just tie the game at 4. First and third, 2 outs, pitcher's spot due up. Shawn Green, Endy Chavez on the bench and Ricky Ledee is the pinch hitter???? How many times has Chavez come up big for the Mets this season? Not only that, he has entered the game to play left field in the bottom of the 9th,so he was coming into the game anyway. This game may mean very little for the Mets in the standings, but a Marlins loss only makes it harder for them to win the Wild Card. The Mets have had a tough time with Florida recently, and we could have made it that much harder for them to get into the playoffs, if anything. What's the deal Willie?

I'm not dogging Willie here. I think he's done a great job this season, I'm just a little puzzled by this move. :unsure:

we still won... :rock: fuck it... even though I was thinking the same thing as you

Ledee is probably going to be released within the next couple days, like GC and Mex said it was his last chance to prove something... I don't agree with proving himself in that kind of a spot. They should have used Chavez or Green or someone.

But I was also yelling at the TV when Willie didn't pinch hit Delgado for Franco. If I were manager I would have probably lost the game... so Willie still managed tough.

You know what, am I the only one that was a little upset that Delgado pinch hit for Lastings? Granted, you always play to win and want to win, but I would've liked to see what lastings can do in that spot.

Yeah, you're the only one. Lastings can show it in Spring Training.

Ledee is probably going to be released within the next couple days, like GC and Mex said it was his last chance to prove something... I don't agree with proving himself in that kind of a spot. They should have used Chavez or Green or someone.

But I was also yelling at the TV when Willie didn't pinch hit Delgado for Franco. If I were manager I would have probably lost the game... so Willie still managed tough.

Yeah I guess it's always easy to second guess after something doesn't work out. Still, I don't understand why he wouldn't go with a better hitter like Green or Chavez. Especially Chavez, considering how clutch he's been in those spots this season.