SportsWrath

Designated Hitter- Which is it?

Blue Jeans

Is the DH rule a good rule for baseball?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is the DH rule a good rule for baseball?

• Yes (I'm gay)
    • No

When the DH is used properly, ie; To "rest banged up position players, then I think it's a good rule. But I don't agree with career DH's.

If we had to vote, I'd go with dropping it. Too many clubs misuse it.

I agree with you, it is misused so much. I would like to see Ortiz in the field every day. That is why a DH never deserves an MVP.

Now that DH's are no longer older veterans hanging on, and are key elements in a team's lineup, it's really not a fair fight when the NL has to play in an AL park. No NL team can carry a 30 HR bench player to insert into a lineup vs. the AL. It also takes away from the structure of a traditional lineup with no pitcher in the lineup. Get rid of the DH now!!! They don't even use it in Little League!!! NL baseball is the way the game was meant to be played.

explain.

Bottom line, the DH puts more runs on the board, which is what fans crave. And I like the idea that teams can alternate players. Right now, with Matsui back, Cabrera wouldn't even be playing without the DH rule. Sure, it takes away some strategy, but not that much. The NL fans get to second guess a manager a little more if he removes a pitcher for a pinch hitter when the pitcher’s still doing well.

Maybe Abner didn’t write it in because he didn’t think about it.

Bottom line, the DH puts more runs on the board, which is what fans crave. And I like the idea that teams can alternate players. Right now, with Matsui back, Cabrera wouldn't even be playing without the DH rule. Sure, it takes away some strategy, but not that much. The NL fans get to second guess a manager a little more if he removes a pitcher for a pinch hitter when the pitcher’s still doing well.

Maybe Abner didn’t write it in because he didn’t think about it.

translation: me yankee fan, me like it. :flex: