SportsWrath

Colts vs NY

Firstnten

Guys with all due respect, carter didn't graze the guys elbow, he pushed off with it.

But that's the only place I disagree, because in reality that was such a ticky tack foul as Madden said. Much like the Burress "crackback" (how low was the guy anyway), Carter never put his arms out to push off. I don't see how the refs can call that in a close game and then on the other side of it, let go a clear hold on Fred Robbins when the Colts lineman almost choked him because Robbins has broken free.

Other than that Gorilla brings up a good point. I only want to see carter do 1 thing as Giant, run downfield as fast as he can, not out routes!!. It's not the first time he's trapped the ball in a big game when it counts. Play to the guys strength, he's fast, use it.

Guys with all due respect, carter didn't graze the guys elbow, he pushed off with it.

But that's the only place I disagree, because in reality that was such a ticky tack foul as Madden said. Much like the Burress "crackback" (how low was the guy anyway), Carter never put his arms out to push off. I don't see how the refs can call that in a close game and then on the other side of it, let go a clear hold on Fred Robbins when the Colts lineman almost choked him because Robbins has broken free.

Other than that Gorilla brings up a good point. I only want to see carter do 1 thing as Giant, run downfield as fast as he can, not out routes!!. It's not the first time he's trapped the ball in a big game when it counts. Play to the guys strength, he's fast, use it.

are you a professional contarian? you always seem to take the opposite view. in this case you're dead wrong. that was not a push off, it was a perfectly run pattern.

as to not wanting to see carter run routes, that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. all due respect.

are you a professional contarian? you always seem to take the opposite view. in this case you're dead wrong. that was not a push off, it was a perfectly run pattern.

as to not wanting to see carter run routes, that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. all due respect.

I agree, there was no contact whatsoever, it was a perfectly run route.

It was bullshit.

What the fuck are you talking about? So now if I post a view that disagrees with other I'm a contarian?. Quit fucking crying, take that shit to the GMB with all the other 12 year olds if you can't thake a different opinion. And read my posts will ya, you'll see I'm not contradicting everything. Didn't I just agree with Gorilla on carter. The whole thing with carter is not ridiculous, he's not the best route runner on the team, and if he has the speed that everyone raves about then let him run his fucking ass downfield and let Eli air it out. Amani is much better coming back to the ball than carter.

And it was a push off, Although I AGREED it was a weak call. And didn't I just bring up the hold on Robbins that wasn't called.

Good grief!!

What the fuck are you talking about? So now if I post a view that disagrees with other I'm a contarian?. Quit fucking crying, take that shit to the GMB with all the other 12 year olds if you can't thake a different opinion. And read my posts will ya, you'll see I'm not contradicting everything. Didn't I just agree with Gorilla on carter. The whole thing with carter is not ridiculous, he's not the best route runner on the team, and if he has the speed that everyone raves about then let him run his fucking ass downfield and let Eli air it out. Amani is much better coming back to the ball than carter.

And it was a push off, Although I AGREED it was a weak call. And didn't I just bring up the hold on Robbins that wasn't called.

Good grief!!

to me, it seems you take the alternate view alot. gorilla did not say he can't run routes, all he said was he hadn't done much right. receivers that don't run routes never succeed, no matter how fast they are. to tell him to 'just go long' is playground stuff.

to me, it seems you take the alternate view alot. gorilla did not say he can't run routes, all he said was he hadn't done much right. receivers that don't run routes never succeed, no matter how fast they are. to tell him to 'just go long' is playground stuff.

If he hasn't done much right then that would include route running. His asset is speed and if he's going to be of use to us, then let him get downfield and use it. Some streak routes perhaps?. They throw long passes in the NFL, that's not playground football like you said, they actually do it.

What do you mean I take the alternate view a lot. See this is what I'm talking about when I mention the GMB, because everybody here complained about that board but I'm seeing a lot of here already. Case in point. Somebody starts a thread, the refs cost us the game. Anybody reasonable can see that even though the refs didn't help us, we cost ourselves the game. The ref didn't tell Eli to air the ball into an area where there were no Giants that cost us an INT. They didn't miss 3 should be interceptions by our players. Did one of them blow at the ball when Feely missed the field goal, no. They didn't design a safety blitz on our 20 which left Strahan in Coverage. No, simply put, we played well, well enough to win but we made errors out there that cost us, plain and simple.

And I apologize for the earlier outburst.

Somebody needs some riddlin. :P

Anyway, no offense but i have noticed in the past you tend to take opposing views alot. Not saying you're wrong, just that it seems to be the case. Anyway, i agree the call didn't cost us the game, certainly letting Peyton pick us apart on third downs, dropped int's, penalties and such are the main reasons we lost, without a doubt, but the penalty was not a penalty. The Colts defender was expecting a streak, and he kept running when Carter came back, carter did not push him 10 yards down field with his elbow.

Also, i gotta call you on the carter routes thing, are you saying you'd have him run a streak on every pass play? A player has to have the ability to run routes to make teams respect him. f he only ran streaks, they'd never have to worry about him breaking a route, conversely, when people respect his speed so much, when he does run a good route, he gets open. Much like he did on that play.

Somebody needs some riddlin. :P

Anyway, no offense but i have noticed in the past you tend to take opposing views alot. Not saying you're wrong, just that it seems to be the case. Anyway, i agree the call didn't cost us the game, certainly letting Peyton pick us apart on third downs, dropped int's, penalties and such are the main reasons we lost, without a doubt, but the penalty was not a penalty. The Colts defender was expecting a streak, and he kept running when Carter came back, carter did not push him 10 yards down field with his elbow.

Also, i gotta call you on the carter routes thing, are you saying you'd have him run a streak on every pass play? A player has to have the ability to run routes to make teams respect him. f he only ran streaks, they'd never have to worry about him breaking a route, conversely, when people respect his speed so much, when he does run a good route, he gets open. Much like he did on that play.

VG, real simple, we had 10 penalties , 10!. Compared to 3 for the Colts. C'mon. What does my "opposing" view have to do with that?. The refs weren't wrong on all ten.

When Carter went to turn on that play, he pushed off with his elbow. You can make that play without pushing off. fact is you can't put your hands on the defender 5 yards outside the line of scrimmage. It was the type of penalty that could have been let go sure, but it was called and that's it. I'm more annoyed about the play on Robbins where he was clearly held on the play, by the neck of his shirt, and Manning threw the ball downfield and Wilson got called for a penalty.

As for my opposing view. People have to be objective, otherwise we are going to have the second coming of the GMB. We can't always look for the blame elsewhere. I'm not a big Carter fan, ask Money when I said we should have waived him. I'm looking forward to getting Moss on the field, I think if he's anything like Santana Moss, then we'll have a steal. I'm as much of a fan of the G-men as anybody else, I just have this opinion that teams must look internally first to improve and then externally. I'm this way with myself and everything else in life, I check myself first, then I look elsewhere for solutions.

What the fuck is RIDDLIN?

Theres nothing wrong with having the opposing view. As long as you don't do it for the sake of being different.

The GMB thing is a moot point, this board will never be that way because we don't have the lethal combination of inept MODS and 12 year olds.

Renaldo Nehemiah is a perfect example of someone who had speed and couldnt run routes. No one remembers him for his football.

And thank you but there's no need to apologize. I didn't take it personally. I think Ridlin is a sedative for kids.

Refs always give us bad calls... what about that supposed holding on Shockey? Burress got two flags, and what the fuck was up with that damn fumble by Eli... how did he not get that ball to Barber? and with Barber and Jacobs both averaging ATLEAST 6.1 yards a rush, and Morton 22 yards.... Why were we constantly throwing?

Theres nothing wrong with having the opposing view. As long as you don't do it for the sake of being different.

The GMB thing is a moot point, this board will never be that way because we don't have the lethal combination of inept MODS and 12 year olds.

Renaldo Nehemiah is a perfect example of someone who had speed and couldnt run routes. No one remembers him for his football.

And thank you but there's no need to apologize. I didn't take it personally. I think Ridlin is a sedative for kids.

Blu, I'm 37 years old. I have no desire to go onto a messgaeboard for the sake of being different. That would be sad. The GMB board is not a moot point because it happened while we were there so it can happen here also. People have to allow for other points of view. Both you and VG indicate that I've got a background that indicates I swim against the current just for the hell of it. That's an unfair statement and shouldn't be based on a couple of posts I made this weekend.

Good grief!!

dude I DVR the games now I have watched this play 100 times now plus i was at the game.

It was incidental contact with his elbow, and from what I saw it looked like he sliped or was tripped up by carters foot. That in no way could be PI, the only thing I could guess would be that the ref saw the dude fall/slip and assumed that it was from the elbow.

That call was outragous, and someone in the both should have seen it.

It's incidental contact. Let the players play.

Anyone have a video of it.

I could but I would have to make the file. I could just post stills of it..

I just don't have the free time to spend on it...well that is I would rather do other things..

dude I DVR the games now I have watched this play 100 times now plus i was at the game.

It was incidental contact with his elbow, and from what I saw it looked like he sliped or was tripped up by carters foot. That in no way could be PI, the only thing I could guess would be that the ref saw the dude fall/slip and assumed that it was from the elbow.

That call was outragous, and someone in the both should have seen it.

I'm your King, and what I say goes peon. :flex:

Seriously dude, you watched the play 100 times? :o

I don't think the booth can review that play.

VG, real simple, we had 10 penalties , 10!. Compared to 3 for the Colts. C'mon. What does my "opposing" view have to do with that?. The refs weren't wrong on all ten.

When Carter went to turn on that play, he pushed off with his elbow. You can make that play without pushing off. fact is you can't put your hands on the defender 5 yards outside the line of scrimmage. It was the type of penalty that could have been let go sure, but it was called and that's it. I'm more annoyed about the play on Robbins where he was clearly held on the play, by the neck of his shirt, and Manning threw the ball downfield and Wilson got called for a penalty.

As for my opposing view. People have to be objective, otherwise we are going to have the second coming of the GMB. We can't always look for the blame elsewhere. I'm not a big Carter fan, ask Money when I said we should have waived him. I'm looking forward to getting Moss on the field, I think if he's anything like Santana Moss, then we'll have a steal. I'm as much of a fan of the G-men as anybody else, I just have this opinion that teams must look internally first to improve and then externally. I'm this way with myself and everything else in life, I check myself first, then I look elsewhere for solutions.

What the fuck is RIDDLIN?

hey I agree with you, as i said we beat ourselves with the penalties, costly mistakes and poor 3rd down D. I just don't see how that can in anyway be considered a push off, the Colts defender was still turned and running when Carter cut back.

I also agree that everyone needs to be objective, I think the reason people are so pissed about the call is because we had a ligit shot at winning the game, and we let ourselves down. It's just frustration that leads to blaming anything possible for the loss.

I don't how to spell the shit, whatever the medicine hyper people take.