SportsWrath

antonio cromartie

parlintm

Guest nosebleed
Cromartie has much more than just raw potential. Prior to his injury he was arguably the best CB in college football. Obviously if he isnt healthy, I want to stay away but if he shows that hes returned to his old form he could definitely be worth a shot at 25.

If he was clocked at 4.58 as stated above, do you honestly believe he is 100%??? A player coming off a major knee surgery should not be selected in the first round.

Furthermore, he hasn't started in many games, does this merit a first pick??? Not bloody likely.

Guest Floyd The Barber

i can vividly remember meeting EA up at Albany this past July, and talk about a clueless man...he was wearing one NIKE sneaker on one foot a and a REEBOK on the other...

exacatly...meet 2006's Corey Webster

He has talent as does Webster. But just like Webster I doubt he gets selected in the 1st round. His times will raise a Red flags(especially coming off a major injury). A corner needs to have speed and a corner who runs almost a 4.6 40 will not be a 1st round selection.

If he was clocked at 4.58 as stated above, do you honestly believe he is 100%??? A player coming off a major knee surgery should not be selected in the first round.

Furthermore, he hasn't started in many games, does this merit a first pick??? Not bloody likely.

There will be other players available at 25 that are of the same skill level with good health. No way we draft him in the 1st. We need guys who can stay healthy.

Guest nosebleed
He has talent as does Webster. But just like Webster I doubt he gets selected in the 1st round. His times will raise a Red flags(especially coming off a major injury). A corner needs to have speed and a corner who runs almost a 4.6 40 will not be a 1st round selection.

There will be other players available at 25 that are of the same skill level with good health. No way we draft him in the 1st. We need guys who can stay healthy.

Exactly, I would hope people realize this by now.

Edited by nosebleed

Exactly, I would hope people realize this by now.

We only took Webster because he was a 1st round talent that slipped to the second because of the injury. We didn't reach for him he slipped to us.

By the way Tye Hill just ran the fasted 40 in the combine at 4.30. He is excellent in coverage, great speed, and showed ball hawking skills in the senior bowl 1 on 1 drills that i saw. He's our guy if we draft a cb in the 1st. He has Will Allen speed with good ball skills. This is what we lack at the corner position.

Guest nosebleed
We only took Webster because he was a 1st round talent that slipped to the second because of the injury. We didn't reach for him he slipped to us.

By the way Tye Hill just ran the fasted 40 in the combine at 4.30. He is excellent in coverage, great speed, and showed ball hawking skills in the senior bowl 1 on 1 drills that i saw. He's our guy if we draft a cb in the 1st. He has Will Allen speed with good ball skills. This is what we lack at the corner position.

This sounds more like a first round pick. Not some dude who is coming off a major knee surgery and doesn't have much starting experience, doesn't make much sense.

This sounds more like a first round pick. Not some dude who is coming off a major knee surgery and doesn't have much starting experience, doesn't make much sense.

Cromartie could very well turn out to be a great CB in this league. But we need a guy thats proven and healthy. Hill is completely healthy has all the tools without the injury concerns. Whats not to like. 4.3 in the 40 is amazing. I'm not a 40 time guy but certainly thats a good thing added to the other skills he has.

Yea other than getting burned by S. Moss in the senior bowl for a TD and didnt do too bad.

Moss is a guy that burns a lot of people. I wouldn't judge Hill based on that play. Remember Moss also had one of the best if not the best college QB prospect throwing to him in Cutler. Imagine how bad Cromartie would get burned by Moss with that 4.58 blazing 40 speed. Keep that in mind. Hill also has a 41 inch vertical jump.

that time with his size intrigues me more and more now :confused:

It's not just his size and speed, hes got the skills too. He supposedly would have been a top 5 pick if he stayed healthy.

IF the giants determine that his knee is healthy (and in this age of science they can actually judge that stuff) he could be the steal of the draft at 25.

One more thing. The Giants are being built to win this year or the next. Most corners at 25 will take at least a year before they can be expected to contribute. He might be the only one with the talent to start from day 1.

Cromartie's official time ended up being 4.39.

I'll need proof of that because he is not on the list of top 40 times on NFL.com. That list goes up to 4.39 and Cromartie was not on the list. I watched the combine and I find it hard to believe that the official time and unofficial time could be off by 2 tenths of a second.

I'll need proof of that because he is not on the list of top 40 times on NFL.com. That list goes up to 4.39 and Cromartie was not on the list. I watched the combine and I find it hard to believe that the official time and unofficial time could be off by 2 tenths of a second.

Heh, that link is from NFL.com, so there is some inonsistency. I saw another source that lists his official time a 4.49.

There is often discrepancies between the unofficial and official times, often large discrepancies. The fact that these discrepancies exists is even mor emotivated to place less emphasis on the meaning of 40 times as it relates to the merit of a prospect.

Moss is a guy that burns a lot of people. I wouldn't judge Hill based on that play. Remember Moss also had one of the best if not the best college QB prospect throwing to him in Cutler. Imagine how bad Cromartie would get burned by Moss with that 4.58 blazing 40 speed. Keep that in mind. Hill also has a 41 inch vertical jump.

Did you see the play? Wait... did you even watch the game?? How did Moss catch a pass from Cutler when Cutler wasnt even on the same team??!!

:LMAO: Cutler played for the North, you shouldnt have commented or even tried to sound like a smart ass if you didnt even watch the game.

Moss had Hill 10-15 yards behind him. Brodie Croyle threw the ball into the endzone, Moss burnt the shit out of Hill to get it... I could have thrown that pass he was so wide open. That 4.3 speed really did a good job for him didnt it, so lets keep that in mind. And Im not judging on one play. He had an overall good senior bowl week. He practiced great, shuting everyone down. The big match up was Hill vs Moss going into the senior bowl. He obvioulsy lost, it just happened to be when the competition actually got tough.

lol, Now where did you get Cromarties 40 time at?

Heh, that link is from NFL.com, so there is some inonsistency. I saw another source that lists his official time a 4.49.

There is often discrepancies between the unofficial and official times, often large discrepancies. The fact that these discrepancies exists is even mor emotivated to place less emphasis on the meaning of 40 times as it relates to the merit of a prospect.

Yeah Cromartie ran the 40 2 times. 1st time he ran a 4.49 second time he ran a 4.58. Those were the official times reported by NFL Network that was live at the combine. These times are not good and definetly not of the 1st round caliber. I'm with you on the over rating of the 40 time but this is just a lack of spped at that point. 4.58 is terrible for a corner. AJ Hawk ran a 4.62. The slow 40 times and the fact that he is coming off a major injury scares me. No way would I pick him in the 1st round.

Did you see the play? Wait... did you even watch the game?? How did Moss catch a pass from Cutler when Cutler wasnt even on the same team??!!

:LMAO: Cutler played for the North, you shouldnt have commented or even tried to sound like a smart ass if you didnt even watch the game.

Moss had Hill 10-15 yards behind him. Brodie Croyle threw the ball into the endzone, Moss burnt the shit out of Hill to get it... I could have thrown that pass he was so wide open. That 4.3 speed really did a good job for him didnt it, so lets keep that in mind. And Im not judging on one play. He had an overall good senior bowl week. He practiced great, shuting everyone down. The big match up was Hill vs Moss going into the senior bowl. He obvioulsy lost, it just happened to be when the competition actually got tough.

I was talking a play that they showed in the Senior Bowl drills. And I'm truely sorry if I made a mistake on the names. But the fact that you are judging Hill based on one play is laughable to me. And by the way Moss also runs a 4.32 40 and is also a very talented player. Checking Moss' stats in that game Moss had 3 catches for 45 yards and 1 TD. 30 yards came on that TD. So the rest of the time moss amassed 2 catches for 15 yards. WOW what utter domination of Tye Hill. Hill probably will now go undrafted because Moss burned him on one play. Get your head out of your A$$. Tye Hill placed very well in every event today. Not only can he run he has a 41" vertical. Na you what give me the slow guy thats coming off a serious injury that only started a handful of games on the College level. Good reasoning. :doh:

I was talking a play that they showed in the Senior Bowl drills. And I'm truely sorry if I made a mistake on the names. But the fact that you are judging Hill based on one play is laughable to me. And by the way Moss also runs a 4.32 40 and is also a very talented player. Checking Moss' stats in that game Moss had 3 catches for 45 yards and 1 TD. 30 yards came on that TD. So the rest of the time moss amassed 2 catches for 15 yards. WOW what utter domination of Tye Hill. Hill probably will now go undrafted because Moss burned him on one play. Get your head out of your A$$. Tye Hill placed very well in every event today. Not only can he run he has a 41" vertical. Na you what give me the slow guy thats coming off a serious injury that only started a handful of games on the College level. Good reasoning. :doh:

:LMAO: That is by far the dumbest fucking post I have ever read.

You proved to me a few things in that one post.

1. You think Im going to buy some shit like "i was talking about this other play" lol get real

2. You never watched the game and tried to bull shit someone who actually did.

3. You didnt comprehend anything that I said. You must of missed the part I said I wasnt judging on one play.

4. You have no concept of how the Senior bowl is played.

Never once did I say Hill was a bad player or he will go undrafted.

Are you 12? maybe 11? You try to defend yourself and argue like you are. The best thing you couldve done was stay away from replying to this, you made yourself look real stupid.

Oh and I got the 40 time from NFL Network which was live at the combine. I believe they probably read it right off the official time board that is in front of them. So because Moss beat Hill on one play means that he won the matchup. Not exactly.

Here are Hill's rankings as far as the combine events go:

40 time: 1st 4.30

Broad jump: 3rd 10ft 9"

Vertical jump: 2nd 41"

3 cone drill: 1st 6.63 sec.

Short Shuttle: 3rd 4.01 sec.

Long Shuttle: 2nd 11.17 sec.

Not a bad days work. Cromartie only ranked in 1 event and that was the broad jump where he finished 1st.

Just for proof:

Group 11 -- defensive backs

40-yard dash

Tye Hill Clemson 4.30

Johnathan Joseph S. Carolina 4.31

Tim Jennings Georgia 4.32

Michael Huff Texas 4.34 (Notice 4.39 is on the list but no Cromartie.)

Daniel Bullocks Nebraska 4.38

Willie Andrews Baylor 4.38

Antoine Bethea Howard 4.39

Jason Allen Tennessee 4.39

Kelly Jennings Miami (Fla.) 4.39

Broad jump

Antonio Cromartie Florida St. 11-foot

Jason Allen Tennessee 10-foot-11

Tye Hill Clemson 10-foot-9

Antoine Bethea Howard 10-foot-7

Reuben Houston Ga. Tech 10-foot-7

Michael Huff Texas 10-foot-5

Cedric Griffin Texas 10-foot-5

Darrell Brooks Arizona 10-foot-5

Vertical jump

Reuben Houston Ga. Tech 41½

Tye Hill Clemson 41

Josh Lay Pittsburg 40½

Chris Harrell Penn St. 40½

Michael Huff Texas 40½

Kelly Jennings Miami (Fla.) 40

Jason Allen Tennessee 39½

Jahmile Addae W. Virginia 38½

Three-cone

Tye Hill Clemson 6.63

Reed Doughty N. Colorado 6.66

Jason Allen Tennessee 6.75

Cedric Griffin Texas 6.84

Marcus Demps San Diego St 6.91

Daniel Bullocks Nebraska 6.91

Short shuttle

Jason Allen Tennessee 3.81

Kelly Jennings Miami (Fla.) 4.00

Tye Hill Clemson 4.01

Darnell Bing USC 4.07

Marcus Demps San Diego St 4.09

Cedric Griffin Texas 4.10

Long shuttle

Marcus Demps San Diego St. 11.10

Jason Allen Tennessee 11.17

Tye Hill Clemson 11.17

Daniel Bullocks Nebraska 11.22

Johnathan Joseph S. Carolina 11.23

Nuff said. Hill is obviously the better athlete. Has more experience. And is 100% healthy.

Hill is a tremendous athlete, as is Cromartie. While Hill did better in speed and quickness drills, Cromatrie does have 5 inches and over 20 pounds on him. Plus, Cromartie has better ball skills and more playmaking ability. Both are terrific prospects in their own right, and both have red flags (Cromartie: injury, Hill: size).

Honestly, I think we can do better at 25 than both of them, and that will be reflected when I make my first revision to my offseason plan.

In related news, I'd really love to land Jason Allen at 56 to play FS or CB for us...

Wow .... all I can say is wow.

Hill is a tremendous athlete, as is Cromartie. While Hill did better in speed and quickness drills, Cromatrie does have 5 inches and over 20 pounds on him. Plus, Cromartie has better ball skills and more playmaking ability. Both are terrific prospects in their own right, and both have red flags (Cromartie: injury, Hill: size).

Honestly, I think we can do better at 25 than both of them, and that will be reflected when I make my first revision to my offseason plan.

In related news, I'd really love to land Jason Allen at 56 to play FS or CB for us...

I completely agree and I was never meaning to make Hill out to be some bad player. This guy here posting about Hill obvoiusly took it to heart when I mentioned the play Hill got toasted. I wouldnt want either at 25 as well, I think we can do much better by drafting a LB or DT. The two Im high on are Sims at WLB and Bunkley at DT. I would love to get either one of those guys at 25. Im also high on Jason Allen, he's a very good player. It seemed he really flew under the radar for most of the season. I think he easily has 1st round talent... with such a great combine Im starting to really doubt he makes it to us. Another guy I would like in the 2nd is Cedric Griffen.

:LMAO: That is by far the dumbest fucking post I have ever read.

You proved to me a few things in that one post.

1. You think Im going to buy some shit like "i was talking about this other play" lol get real

2. You never watched the game and tried to bull shit someone who actually did.

3. You didnt comprehend anything that I said. You must of missed the part I said I wasnt judging on one play.

4. You have no concept of how the Senior bowl is played.

Never once did I say Hill was a bad player or he will go undrafted.

Are you 12? maybe 11? You try to defend yourself and argue like you are. The best thing you couldve done was stay away from replying to this, you made yourself look real stupid.

Well if you watched the game. Explain how Moss won the matchup. He made one play in that game. It just so happened that one play was a TD. But what happened all the other times they were matched up? You say you are not judging Tye Hill on one play, but you really are. Because other than that one play, mention another play where Moss beat Hill(2 catches for 15 yards). :LMAO: Oh thats right you can't because he didn't make any other plays. As a corner, getting burned is going to happen. Its how they react after the play that concerns me. Obviously he reacted well considering he shut down Moss the rest of the time thay were matched up.

The Senior Bowl is like a pro bowl i understand that. They weren't matched up the entire game. But as starters they probably went against each other on at least 15 plays and he only gave up 1 big play. I consider that a victory by the corner.

The comment about not getting drafted was obviously a joke. But someone of your intelligence level obviously didn't get it. :doh: Obviously he will be drafted and be drafted in the 1st round.

You would rather draft a player coming off a major injury, has limited starting experience, and has been dominated in the combine and I'm looking real stupid. :clap: Sure, I'm the dumb one.

Honestly I could care less whether you believe me or not. During the combine today they were showing plays of a Senior Bowl one on one drill. And I thought you were talking about that play. If I was mistaken than so be it. But that doesn't change the fact that Hill would be the better choice at #25. Lets just say I'm extremely happy you are not the GM of the Giants.