SportsWrath

Indianapolis Colts at New York Giants

jranieli

Ok, we get to play the Eagles next week. It's more important in the long run to beat our divisional rivals. We won't ever make up for this game until we have a Lombardi. The Giants showed some good and some bad. They have the time to get it together and stop committing dumb penalties and pray to GOD the refs are FAIR!

We can say fuck the refs all we want, but the bottom line is that, if we don't stop taking dumb penalties, we'll beat ourselves every game. And what's worse is it wasn't false starts or holding.

That said, that Colt team won 14 games last season and were a dumb corner running the wrong way on an interception from winning the superbowl. I thought we looked pretty damn good out there tonight. Tiki and Jacobs were great, Plaxico saved Eli's numbers and the offensive line opened up bus lanes and gave Eli time.

That said, here's my problem, we could be getting into a situation with this team, where we actually have the talent, but now the coaching is lacking.I've always thought that Tim Lewis hype was overdone amd when I see Gibril wilson blitzing on our 20 yard line and Strahan dropping back in coverage, well my feeling's about Lewis don't improve. Arrington and will demps were non factors. Corey webster needed serious help with Harrison and got little. If we are going to blitz, why do we wait until they are in our redzone and why don't we use linebackers. Coughlin going for it on 4th and 5 on our first drive by the way is just beyond dumb to me when you have a guy like Feagles on the sideline.

We can say fuck the refs all we want, but the bottom line is that, if we don't stop taking dumb penalties, we'll beat ourselves every game. And what's worse is it wasn't false starts or holding.

That said, that Colt team won 14 games last season and were a dumb corner running the wrong way on an interception from winning the superbowl.

up to there you are right on.

Coughlin going for it on 4th and 5 on our first drive by the way is just beyond dumb to me when you have a guy like Feagles on the sideline.

i thought it was the right call at the time.

up to there you are right on.

i thought it was the right call at the time.

We were 3-0 down with 10 minutes gone. Pin the fuckers down and get the defense after them. Instead they start around midfield and need to only sneeze and they are in field goal range. Which is what they did.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with our current coaches. They may be only OK coaches too. New coordinators in the offseason? Maybe.

Smalls, I think this is going to be a problem and may lead to some serious frustration later on in the season. Coughlin had a shit load of talent in Jacksonville, but they got so far and then went backwards from there. I hope he's gotten better.

Lewis is overated, I don't care what anybody says. We sign more free agents for defense than offense and 4 of our last 5 top 2 draft picks are defensive players. There's talent back there.

We were 3-0 down with 10 minutes gone. Pin the fuckers down and get the defense after them. Instead they start around midfield and need to only sneeze and they are in field goal range. Which is what they did.

more likely to gain 15 yards on a punt (to the 20). anyway, field position means little to peyton. the risk/reward was in favor of going for it.

btw, you were right about arrington. he was neutralized.

more likely to gain 15 yards on a punt (to the 20). anyway, field position means little to peyton. the risk/reward was in favor of going for it.

btw, you were right about arrington. he was neutralized.

If Feagles punts, it's likely inside the 20. Doesn't matter if it's Unitas/Elway/Montana, you want them going 80plus and not 50.

Lavar is not good with defensive schemes. Ask Greg Williams.

For the Colts to be a Super Bowl winner, Peyton has to stop being an offensive coordinator on the field and just be the QB. Coaches call plays sometimes to set up the next play while Peyton's approach is always short term and frantic. That's why he gets beat in the playoffs.

Plus all the running around at the line annoys the shit outta me.

Was it me, or did any else notice our special team really sucked this game? The Colts were getting good field position (30 - 35). And we were starting 15-23 yard line. Absolutely horrible special teams play. I'm sorry, but our team looked flat tonight.

Was it me, or did any else notice our special team really sucked this game? The Colts were getting good field position (30 - 35). And we were starting 15-23 yard line. Absolutely horrible special teams play. I'm sorry, but our team looked flat tonight.

ST was probably the weakest part of our team tonight.