SportsWrath

Little bit of information.

Blue Jeans

[/b]

Talking about people who live in the State of NY, and why the Yankees are bigger than the mets in Ny.

Well like I said, I don't know about the state, but they don't own the city. Again, I'm not saying the Mets do, either. NY is a baseball town, and loves them both.

Look I don't hate the Mets. If they are in the WS against anyone but the Yanks, I'll root for them. But please don't get silly with attendance numbers. Last few years the Yankees have drawn around 4 million fans annually. Last year was well over 4 million and broke the record, this years is similar.

Because the Yankees are winning every year. Every team that wins fills the seats. Don't you find it interesting that even though the Mets have had not nearly the success the Yankees have had, they still have outdrawn them 20 out of 42 years?

It says NYC is NOT a Yankee town. Sure, they are the most successful team in the history of the planet, and of course they are the more popular team in NY, but it's not as overwhelming as some Yankee fans want us to believe.

Because the Yankees are winning every year. Every team that wins fills the seats. Don't you find it interesting that even though the Mets have had not nearly the success the Yankees have had, they still have outdrawn them 20 out of 42 years?

It says NYC is NOT a Yankee town. Sure, they are the most successful team in the history of the planet, and of course they are the more popular team in NY, but it's not as overwhelming as some Yankee fans want us to believe.

I'm going to give my two cents.

The only way you would be able to determine which fan base has more fans is if you could find out the number of true fans... True fans should be able to name at least 5 pitchers and 9 positional players. In the year 2000 my school ran a subway series poll: the results were Yankees 72%, Mets 28%. Why? Because it was the cool thing to do and "everyone else is a yankee fan". So you have to understand that you cannot go by that. I still get shit when I wear my mets jerseys to school I get "james, the mets SUCK" and I say, "who do you like, than?" they say the yankees and I come back with "can you even name 10 players on the yankees" and I get something along the lines of this "derek jeter, umm.... a-rod...... mussina..... clemens- wait... the mets still SUCK".

You talk Mets baseball with someone they're usually knowledgable and know what they're talking about, know the players, etc. because it's not just passed down in the family tree.

I think there are more Mets fans who actually know their team than there are Yankee fans. Just my opinion based on what I've seen.

That's all... I'm not even going to bother to re-read what I just wrote.

I'm going to give my two cents.

The only way you would be able to determine which fan base has more fans is if you could find out the number of true fans... True fans should be able to name at least 5 pitchers and 9 positional players. In the year 2000 my school ran a subway series poll: the results were Yankees 72%, Mets 28%. Why? Because it was the cool thing to do and "everyone else is a yankee fan". So you have to understand that you cannot go by that. I still get shit when I wear my mets jerseys to school I get "james, the mets SUCK" and I say, "who do you like, than?" they say the yankees and I come back with "can you even name 10 players on the yankees" and I get something along the lines of this "derek jeter, umm.... a-rod...... mussina..... clemens- wait... the mets still SUCK".

You talk Mets baseball with someone they're usually knowledgable and know what they're talking about, know the players, etc. because it's not just passed down in the family tree.

I think there are more Mets fans who actually know their team than there are Yankee fans. Just my opinion based on what I've seen.

That's all... I'm not even going to bother to re-read what I just wrote.

This is true, but is only a side-affect of the Yankees being so successful over the last 10 years...a WS-winning team is always going to have bandwagon fans, doesn't mean they don't have just as many real fans. Go to the bleachers in Yankee stadium, you won't find more passionate fans in baseball...and I'm sure the same could be said for some mets fans...this is kind of a stupid argument

No, never a mets fan. Born a Yankee fan. But in 86'....the mets were in the W.S. playing against a "team" that I hate and despise more than the mets........(just look to the sig)

oh ok, i thought you meant rooted on a full time basis

It also says theres a lot of freaken people in the NY Metro area, so if you put a decent product on the field, people will come.

even for AL ball :P

.Yeah it is, but since the Yanks and mets are both doing good and atlanta and boston are pretty much an afterthought, we need to keep the smack talk up...right met fans???? :TU:

:TU:

Yeah. I tried to hate Philly, but it's just not the same. It's always easy to hate the Yankees though. :evilgrin:

..and I'm sure the fanbase for the mets hasn't increased at all because of their latest record. All of the sudden it's hip to be a mets fan. :rolleyes:

no doubt, its just that it seeing as the Mets were the first NY team to draw 3 million fans 12 years prior to the Yanks it must be a recurring theme. :TU:

I remember going to Yankee Stadium in 1991 and you could sit on Stump Merrils lap if you chose, there were protest groups there as well pleading for the team to "stay in the Bronx", thats how bad attendance was there 15-20 years ago. All of a sudden the Bronx is a safe place. See its very simple, win and people will come and there are not enough criminals to scare off 50,000 people.