SportsWrath

Little bit of information.

Blue Jeans

Found this on another site, thought it was pretty funny, figured I would share.

Yankee Fan Excuse Handbook

If Talking to a Met Fan...

Siituation: Mets have a better record then Yankees

Response A: "Yeah Well the Yankees won the season series"

1A: If the Yankees lost the season series then say "The regular season doesn't matter, see you in october"

1B: If the season series was tied compare the record of the AL vs the NL and say "Yo, the NL is like AAA"

1C: If the interleague record does not favor the AL say "Yo, Wes beat you in 2000, JETER RULES!"

Bonus Response: "26 World Championships Baby"

Get over the fact that the mets will always be the red-headed stepchild of the state of NY.

You obviously have no grasp of the history of National League baseball and the fans of NY. A suggestion would be to look at attendance records of the NL teams in comparison to the Yankees. ;) .

Anyone that knows jackshit about baseball and thinks that the Yankees are so far and away superior to the Mets(as they were in 2000) is just not paying attention.

I will refrain from worrying about the Yankees until the Mets get through 7 more wins in the NL playoffs. In fact I suggest the Yankee fans do the same, because quite frankly that has been a bit of a problem the past few years and that should be the main foucs.

You obviously have no grasp of the history of National League baseball and the fans of NY. A suggestion would be to look at attendance records of the NL teams in comparison to the Yankees. ;) .

Anyone that knows jackshit about baseball and thinks that the Yankees are so far and away superior to the Mets(as they were in 2000) is just not paying attention.

I will refrain from worrying about the Yankees until the Mets get through 7 more wins in the NL playoffs. In fact I suggest the Yankee fans do the same, because quite frankly that has been a bit of a problem the past few years and that should be the main foucs.

I've brought this up a few times, and Yankee fans always seem to ignore the facts. In the Mets 42 year history at Shea Stadium, they have outdrawn the Yankees in annual attendance 20 times. Considering the Yankees' success compared to the Mets over the years, that's pretty amazing. Yankees own nothing when it comes to hearts of baseball fans in NY. I know more people who absolutely hate the Yankees, than actual Yankee fans.

I think I have a pretty good grasp on history for the fact I know that the Yankees have brought more championships to the state of NY than the mets have. Just like the two brothers, where the one just doesn't seem to measure up in the eyes of mom and dad :P

Can every fan of the Yankees make it to a game?-No.

Can every fan of the mets make it to a game?-No.

It doesn't make them any less of a fan of their team, so the attendance record portion of your rant does not hold water.

I think I have a pretty good grasp on history for the fact I know that the Yankees have brought more championships to the state of NY than the mets have. Just like the two brothers, where the one just doesn't seem to measure up in the eyes of mom and dad :P

It doesn't make them any less of a fan of their team, so the attendance record portion of your rant does not hold water.

You are also 61 years older than us. Call us the grandson. So what, we don't have as much history as the Yankees. No one does in almost any other sport except the Montreal Canadians. I still don't understand why fans have to harp on the Mets because they have only one two titles. We have a pretty decent history too. Lets say the Mets beat the Yankees in the World Series this year. The Mets will not get any credit from Yankee fans because we will still have to hear "Well we won it 26 times".

You are also 61 years older than us. Call us the grandson. So what, we don't have as much history as the Yankees. No one does in almost any other sport except the Montreal Canadians. I still don't understand why fans have to harp on the Mets because they have only one two titles. We have a pretty decent history too. Lets say the Mets beat the Yankees in the World Series this year. The Mets will not get any credit from Yankee fans because we will still have to hear "Well we won it 26 times".

Hey, it was a mets fan who started this "Yankee excuse" thread. Were Yankee fans not alllowed to respond to this? It is in the Yankees forum.

*and for the record, I did root for the mets once....

Yes it does. What other way is there to determine how fans feel? The championships only prove one thing: The Yankees have been the more successful franchise. It does not prove that they are the so called "kings of NY" when it comes to fans. I'm not saying the Mets are, but the Yankees aren't either. I don't know what it's like for the rest of the state, but here in NYC, the fans are pretty much split down the middle.

Who cares who is the "Kings" of New York. All that matters is how each team does at the end. Bottom line.

But I can pretty much tell you, outside of NY, the Yanks are the kings. Look at every stadium they play in, you see alot of Yankee fans barring of course Boston.

Hey, it was a mets fan who started this "Yankee excuse" thread. Were Yankee fans not alllowed to respond to this? It is in the Yankees forum.

*and for the record, I did root for the mets once....

you used to be a met fan?

rant :LMAO:

By your genius rationale fans of each team have much more to do than attend baseball games. I suppose that over the history of time National League fans have been far less busy than NY American League fans? :confused:

Who cares who is the "Kings" of New York. All that matters is how each team does at the end. Bottom line.

But I can pretty much tell you, outside of NY, the Yanks are the kings. Look at every stadium they play in, you see alot of Yankee fans barring of course Boston.

Same with the Mets. Watch a Mets-Marlins game, or Mets-Philly. I even heard Let's Go Mets!! chants watching a game they were playing in Arizona.

rant :LMAO:

By your genius rationale fans of each team have much more to do than attend baseball games. I suppose that over the history of time National League fans have been far less busy than NY American League fans? :confused:

...No Jerkey, What I'm saying is that it's easier for a Yankee fan who lives in the city to attend a game, compared to someone who's a Yankee fan and lives in Buffalo or somewhere like that. But they're both Yankee fans, correct? Since you want to talk attendance, let's just say that every fan of the mets & Yankees in the WHOLE STATE of Ny each got a free ticket and transportation to and from the stadiums. I'm sure there would be ALOT more fans at Yankee stadium then there would be at shea.

There...does that ridiculous scenario help you understand????

...No Jerkey, What I'm saying is that it's easier for a Yankee fan who lives in the city to attend a game, compared to someone who's a Yankee fan and lives in Buffalo or somewhere like that. But they're both Yankee fans, correct? Since you want to talk attendance, let's just say that every fan of the mets & Yankees in the WHOLE STATE of Ny each got a free ticket and transportation to and from the stadiums. I'm sure there would be ALOT more fans at Yankee stadium then there would be at shea.

That makes absolutely no sense. I'm sure there are Met fans in Pennsylvania, Florida, or even Montreal who can't get to a game.

I've brought this up a few times, and Yankee fans always seem to ignore the facts. In the Mets 42 year history at Shea Stadium, they have outdrawn the Yankees in annual attendance 20 times. Considering the Yankees' success compared to the Mets over the years, that's pretty amazing. Yankees own nothing when it comes to hearts of baseball fans in NY. I know more people who absolutely hate the Yankees, than actual Yankee fans.

Look I don't hate the Mets. If they are in the WS against anyone but the Yanks, I'll root for them. But please don't get silly with attendance numbers. Last few years the Yankees have drawn around 4 million fans annually. Last year was well over 4 million and broke the record, this years is similar.

My god I do not even know where to begin picking apart the absurdity of that statement.

I do not think it was a point of arguementation as to how many fans the Yankees have worldwide. The public is fickle and of course the Yankees have more fans worldwide than any other team, it falls in the same category as the Cowboys, Lakers etc.

Your original statement was dismissing the Mets and how NY feels about them. It was pointed out that the Mets(in 1987, 12 years prior to the Yanks) were the first NY team to draw 3 million fans and traditionally NL baseball has drawn as well or better than the Yankees.

Look I don't hate the Mets. If they are in the WS against anyone but the Yanks, I'll root for them. But please don't get silly with attendance numbers. Last few years the Yankees have drawn around 4 million fans annually. Last year was well over 4 million and broke the record, this years is similar.

All the more reason the real die hard Yanks fans should be disgusted with the number of bandwagon jumping fools they now have as fans when you factor in that the Yankees never once drew even 3 million until 1999, a year after a record setting championship and 2nd world title in 3 years.

All the more reason the real die hard Yanks fans should be disgusted with the number of bandwagon jumping fools they now have as fans when you factor in that the Yankees never once drew even 3 million until 1999, a year after a record setting championship and 2nd world title in 3 years.

..and I'm sure the fanbase for the mets hasn't increased at all because of their latest record. All of the sudden it's hip to be a mets fan. :rolleyes: