SportsWrath

Gameday Traditions?

Virginia Giant

With the season dragging so ever so slowly here, what are your gameday traditions and preperations? From clothing to food to rituals? Just curious what fellow Giants fans do to get ready and/or support the Gmen on gamedays.

Myself, i don't have any rituals exactly, working my schedule, I miss alot of games, but on Sundays (or Mondays) I usually wear a Giants Jersey and a Giants sweatshirt (depending on where I'm at). Last season I got my only ATiki Jersey in October and wore it the rest of the season, this year i have a few new ones, mainly an authentic Eli white and authentic LT blue, so i may start the season with one of those.

If I'm up to date in my Madden season, I'll play the game thats going on that day. So September 7, I'll be playing the Steelers. I wore my Jason Taylor jersey last year, but this is the year of the orange Daunte jersey. Other than that, gameday is pretty normal cuz i don't get to see many games :(

Well when football season starts we should have all of our TVs in the store... so I'll come in and just turn on all 10 LCDTVs, crank the Home Theater System and kick back and watch pregames in my Giants jersey (Manning/Shockey/Barber/Toomer/LT/Simms) til we get a customer. :flex::rock:

Well I make sure I wake up every Sunday at 11. I make sure I am at the bar at noon. When it is cool outside I make sure I wear my blue hoodie. If it is warmer then I wear a blue t-shirt. I wore a different hat every season. Last year it was my Giants hat. This year I am debating on wearing my Mets hat or buy a new Giants hat because it shrunk on me. Well back to getting to the bar at noon. I don't care if the Giants play at 1 or 4, I still get there at noon. Now an 8 pm game is a different story. I don't know what I am going to do next week. I probably wont get to the bar til later. Nothing beats football Sundays.

"Well I make sure I wake up every Sunday at 11. I make sure I am at the bar at noon. When it is cool outside I make sure I wear my blue hoodie. If it is warmer then I wear a blue t-shirt. I wore a different hat every season. Last year it was my Giants hat. This year I am debating on wearing my Mets hat or buy a new Giants hat because it shrunk on me. Well back to getting to the bar at noon. I don't care if the Giants play at 1 or 4, I still get there at noon. Now an 8 pm game is a different story. I don't know what I am going to do next week. I probably wont get to the bar til later. Nothing beats football Sundays." <--- Football Every day would beat football on Sunday. :P

Days prior, I clear my schedule. People know not to call me on gameday unless it's an emgergency. I make sure there are no kids around since there maybe curses here and there besides, they can be distracting. I wear comfortable clothing.. like Basketball shorts and my Giants Cut Sleeve shirt I Got from when I was at their traning camp in 2002. I sit in the middle of couch and have a football either my side on my lap. I make sure there is enough coke/Pepsi in the firdge.. and I'm sooooo ready.

I make sure to watch the pre-game shows on ESPN and Fox and I love the NFL theme music fox plays.

I turn on my GMen Christmas lights the night before the game, Cook wings before the game, scratch my nuts for 2 minutes then jackoff to Jillian. Then I dont really have a lucky jersey so which ever jersey I fell like sporting will work...Giants jerseys of course.

Well I make sure I wake up every Sunday at 11. I make sure I am at the bar at noon. When it is cool outside I make sure I wear my blue hoodie. If it is warmer then I wear a blue t-shirt. I wore a different hat every season. Last year it was my Giants hat. This year I am debating on wearing my Mets hat or buy a new Giants hat because it shrunk on me. Well back to getting to the bar at noon. I don't care if the Giants play at 1 or 4, I still get there at noon. Now an 8 pm game is a different story. I don't know what I am going to do next week. I probably wont get to the bar til later. Nothing beats football Sundays.

This year I am debating on wearing my Mets hat or buy a new Giants hat because it shrunk on me.

Or perhaps your head just grew. have you been spending time with Barry Bonds?

I have the same hat from 3 years ago. I dont like the new styles of hats they keeping making, so I stick with the blue NY logo. When I feel snappy I'll throw on my white with the blue NY logo.

in the UK we are 5 hours ahead ..... gameday is a nervous nailbiting nightmare of waiting.

eg Giants v Indy starts at 0100 hrs ( early Mon morning )

normally games kick off at 6pm (early) or 9pm (late)

the only way to deal with it is to spend the whole day with my family.. i have 3 daughters ( until 5pm).

Then at 5.30 ish ... put on my old Giants Superbowl XX1 t-shirt ( with holes in it ) and open the first beer

The rest is history

in the UK we are 5 hours ahead ..... gameday is a nervous nailbiting nightmare of waiting.

eg Giants v Indy starts at 0100 hrs ( early Mon morning )

normally games kick off at 6pm (early) or 9pm (late)

the only way to deal with it is to spend the whole day with my family.. i have 3 daughters ( until 5pm).

Then at 5.30 ish ... put on my old Giants Superbowl XX1 t-shirt ( with holes in it ) and open the first beer

The rest is history

How do you get NFL games in the UK live? When I was in Yemen I was dying to watch the Giants to no avail. Of course I saw them on the news when the fans were hurling snowballs.

But yeah waiting is a total nailbiter. Flipping between channels (really espn and whatever channel is carrying the game) for pre-game analysis.. and in this case we'd have to wait till sunday night. I've learned to find something to do to keep me from going crazy. I know this sunday I will be paying attention to NFC east games then maybe step out to the car wash just to get my mind off it... The family already know not to disturbe me during game time (unless the building is on fire and it better be ablaze lol)

How do you get NFL games in the UK live? When I was in Yemen I was dying to watch the Giants to no avail.

Nas ,

We get 3 ( or 4 ) live games every week. Sun early , Sun late on Sky Sports , and the Mon night game on Channel 5. Plus we get extra games eg. season opener , thanksgiving and some Sun night late games later in the season. ... and of course all the playoffs. Last year we got 9 Giants games , Arizona , NO , Rams , Skins , Seattle , KC , Philly , Oakland ...... and the Carolina nightmare.

I have to listen to all the other Giants games live on WFAN via Field Pass .... but that is also great with play by play from Bob Papa.

Its great to be a Giants fan in the UK

All the best

UK-GF

Nas ,

We get 3 ( or 4 ) live games every week. Sun early , Sun late on Sky Sports , and the Mon night game on Channel 5. Plus we get extra games eg. season opener , thanksgiving and some Sun night late games later in the season. ... and of course all the playoffs. Last year we got 9 Giants games , Arizona , NO , Rams , Skins , Seattle , KC , Philly , Oakland ...... and the Carolina nightmare.

I have to listen to all the other Giants games live on WFAN via Field Pass .... but that is also great with play by play from Bob Papa.

Its great to be a Giants fan in the UK

All the best

UK-GF

Ah, can you believe I schedule my visits to Yemen (which are rare anyway) so that I'm not there during the regular season? It was torture for me when I couldn't watch them (1996 I think).