SportsWrath

It's official. Red Sox quit.

Ditto

Pussies.

Yeah, I guess they should hold onto a guy who's not pitching past this year instead of getting something for him, even though they're fielding a AAA lineup. Face it, you're scared Wells might haunt you in the postseason. Why else would you care?

Yeah, I guess they should hold onto a guy who's not pitching past this year instead of getting something for him, even though they're fielding a AAA lineup. Face it, you're scared Wells might haunt you in the postseason. Why else would you care?

I care because I like the competition, and you guys are just pussying out. With Wells, you still have four legit starters and a month to go to get back into it and play your game.

What do you think you're going to get for him, anyway? And, the Mets don't want him, so the only way we'd be facing him is if he stayed with Boston.

I care because I like the competition, and you guys are just pussying out. With Wells, you still have four legit starters and a month to go to get back into it and play your game.

Competition. Yeah, okay.

Anyway, they actually have 3 legit starters with Wells, don't know who the 4th is. They also have a lineup with no Papi, Manny, Varitek, Nixon, Pena, Gonzalez or Crisp, and no bullpen whatsoever, and a nine game deficit with 30 to play. But if you say they can get back into it, you must know something I don't.

What do you think you're going to get for him, anyway? And, the Mets don't want him, so the only way we'd be facing him is if he stayed with Boston.

I never said we were going to get anything for him. However, if you have a guy who is playing his last season, has no real ties to the organization, and has trade value and has cleared waivers, doesn't it make sense to get something for him? And I guess the Mets are a foregone conclusion for the WS? The deal is supposedly with San Diego, fyi, who would be a measurably better team with Wells, especially in a short series. There are other suitors as well, and it's not impossible that he ends up in the AL.

Yeah, I like the competition. As I said before, without the Sox, I’d be checking the lineup in April and tune during Oct.

You have Wells, Shilling, Beckett, and Lester. Imo, Varitek is your biggest lost because of his handling of pitchers, but you can overcome that somewhat by doing a better job going over opposing batters.

The last I heard, Papi and Manny aren’t out of it. Heart palpitations, what the heck is that. It can be caused by too much caffeine or something. Alcohol is a known culprit. And Manny’s bum knee, how serious? Silicon has been known to get players through a season, and you can DH him more often. You already have Yuke playing LF.

The Mets in the WS may not be a foregone conclusion, but it would take a minor miracle to keep them out of it.

One thing I hate worse than chokers is owners quitting. What kind of message does that send to the players?

Yeah, I like the competition. As I said before, without the Sox, I’d be checking the lineup in April and tune during Oct.

You have Wells, Shilling, Beckett, and Lester. Imo, Varitek is your biggest lost because of his handling of pitchers, but you can overcome that somewhat by doing a better job going over opposing batters.

The last I heard, Papi and Manny aren’t out of it. Heart palpitations, what the heck is that. It can be caused by too much caffeine or something. Alcohol is a known culprit. And Manny’s bum knee, how serious? Silicon has been known to get players through a season, and you can DH him more often. You already have Yuke playing LF.

The Mets in the WS may not be a foregone conclusion, but it would take a minor miracle to keep them out of it.

One thing I hate worse than chokers is owners quitting. What kind of message does that send to the players?

Lester's on the DL.

The owner is not quitting, he's being realistic. He knows the chances of them coming close to the playoffs are practically impossible, and is making the best of it in anyway possible. And who cares what the message is to the players? They know they are basically out of it. They understand the business.

Competition. Yeah, okay.

Anyway, they actually have 3 legit starters with Wells, don't know who the 4th is. They also have a lineup with no Papi, Manny, Varitek, Nixon, Pena, Gonzalez or Crisp, and no bullpen whatsoever, and a nine game deficit with 30 to play. But if you say they can get back into it, you must know something I don't.

I never said we were going to get anything for him. However, if you have a guy who is playing his last season, has no real ties to the organization, and has trade value and has cleared waivers, doesn't it make sense to get something for him? And I guess the Mets are a foregone conclusion for the WS? The deal is supposedly with San Diego, fyi, who would be a measurably better team with Wells, especially in a short series. There are other suitors as well, and it's not impossible that he ends up in the AL.

Since Wells is gone, this discussion is probably inconsequential. So I didn’t know Lester was out. Still, with a month to go, and the scheduling of the central division, and with a little luck, which you guys have been lacking, it was way too soon to fold.

Unless this catcher you picked up is another Thurman Munson.