SportsWrath

Floyd has confidence in lineup already.

Blue Jeans

Willie Randolph is four days away from putting names on an exhibition game lineup card and weeks away from identifying his regular-season batting order, much less committing to it. Yet Floyd is batting sixth. He's certain of it, even if the manager isn't -- just as sure as Billy Wagner is when he asks, "Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?"

Floyd has, as he said, "done the math," and his figures add up to him batting sixth, directly after David Wright, two places lower than Carlos Delgado and the position from which he produced most of his numbers in 2005. He not only is agreeable to the reassignment, but he sees his accepting it professionally as a means of delivering the message he considers critical to the team's chances of meeting its aspirations.

So the lineup would look like this?

Reyes

Lo Duca

Beltran

Delgado

Wright

Floyd

Diaz/Nady

Matsui/Hernandez/Boone

Pitcher

That sucks! Get a fucking clue Willie. At least it's not official. The lineup should look like this.

Reyes

Beltran

Wright

Delgado

Floyd

Diaz/Nady

Lo Duca

2B

Pitcher.

Or if He wants to break up the 2 left handed batters he can move Wright to cleanup and put Delgado in the 3-hole. Fucking moron... :doh::TD:

I agree with putting Floyd sixth. Here's how I see it because I want to see him and Delgado separated. However, I don't want Beltran third and I don't want Lo Duca second. But in order to get Floyd sixth, there may be no other way.

I agree with putting Floyd sixth. Here's how I see it because I want to see him and Delgado separated. However, I don't want Beltran third and I don't want Lo Duca second. But in order to get Floyd sixth, there may be no other way.

So if you don't want Beltran at third it's logical that you want him at second. You don't want Lo Duca seperated who, after Beltran, is the logical choice for the 2 hole because of his OBP, making it easy for a 3 run jack by #3 or any other part of the meat. So is your lineup like this?

Reyes

Beltran

Wright

Delgado

Lo Duca

Floyd

Diaz/Nady

2B

Pitcher

or do you have the Diaz/Nady platoon ahead of Floyd at sixth. Since the Duke is on base a lot you could probably put him in front of Floyd so he can drive in a run or two, but I don't see that happening.

Lo Duca at a major RBI position in the lineup? No.

I am hoping for a breakout player somewhere in the bottom of the lineup. Possibly Matsui or Diaz/Nady. Best case scnerio would be Diaz or Nady because they are both power RBI guys when they are on so they can go in the #5 slot. I hope that the lineup will move around as the season goes on.

I'm just hoping they use the Beltran at second- Wright at third scenario. If the RF position during ST is solid but they can't decide who is the best man in the platoon have Diaz start when a righty is pitching and have Nady start when a lefty is pitching (crushes lefty pitching) Nady could also be used as a PR if the known guys in the opposing bullpen coming up will be lefties. OR if we have the game wrapped up on a Diaz start he could play defense at 1st and bat in Delgado's cleanup spot.

From what I've read, Willie isn't committed to any line up and wants to see how it goes in Spring Training. As much as I hated on him last year, I'm trying to be more open minded and not be negative (thinking he is committed to Lo Duca @ 2nd).

Lo Duca at second isn't SUCH a bad idea. He is good for a walk or a base hit much of the time (and a good base hit could bring Reyes to 3rd.) But God damn I don't want to have another year with Beltran at the third spot. David Wright did GREAT filling in at 3 after the colission and I don't understand why Willie is not making it a top priority for him to be there.

From what I've read, Willie isn't committed to any line up and wants to see how it goes in Spring Training. As much as I hated on him last year, I'm trying to be more open minded and not be negative (thinking he is committed to Lo Duca @ 2nd).

I'd rather have this order at this moment:

Reyes

Beltran

Wright

Delgado

Floyd

Diaz/Nady

2B

Lo Duca

Pitcher

I'd rather have this order at this moment:

Reyes

Beltran

Wright

Delgado

Floyd

Diaz/Nady

2B

Lo Duca

Pitcher

I don't think there is a chance Lo Duca bats in front of the pitcher. Willie believes he is an automatic on base and if he thinks that he would not put him in front of a number of guys who can't get him home or even to second. At least the combination of Matsui or Hernandez gives him a chance.

Lo Duca at second isn't SUCH a bad idea. He is good for a walk or a base hit much of the time (and a good base hit could bring Reyes to 3rd.) But God damn I don't want to have another year with Beltran at the third spot. David Wright did GREAT filling in at 3 after the colission and I don't understand why Willie is not making it a top priority for him to be there.

Problem is, Lo Duca may be a double team machine with that speed of his and we know once Willie puts him there, he is staying with his loyalty philosophy.

• 7 months later...