S Jason Shivers

CB Vontez Duff

OG Julius Franklin

OT Ben Herrell

DE Marcus Green

DT Sir Henry Anderson

TE Boo Williams

K/P Travis Dorsch

figured Johnson wont be there but i was hoping for Boo Williams to make an impact.

I'm a little surprised that Vontez Duff never really amounted to much. He had a pretty good college career at ND. I was hoping Williams did something too, but Shank seems to be making some progress.

Guest MontyPython
i figured Rob Johnson would be gone.

yea, you are a genius.

what else?

ya think Willie Joe needs to go?

I do....

Guest MontyPython
With how thin our line is...hell no.

thin?

a guess - Tuck, Kiwi, will stand up at times and Cofield/seawright/Robbins will be the Nose....similar to a 3-4

Emmons---Strahan-------- Cofield/Sea/Robbins---------Osi--Arrington

------------------------Tuck/Kiwi-------------------Pierce----------------------------------

Tuck/Kiwi will be the "rover" typically taking the LT (Lawrence Taylor) position in the defense. they could move next to Strahan, or over to Osi's side near lavar....

just a thought that Willie Joe may not, I stress may not, be needed....

thin?

a guess - Tuck, Kiwi, will stand up at times and Cofield/seawright/Robbins will be the Nose....similar to a 3-4

------------------------Tuck/Kiwi-------------------Pierce----------------------------------

Tuck/Kiwi will be the "rover" typically taking the LT (Lawrence Taylor) position in the defense. they could move next to Strahan, or over to Osi's side near lavar....

DT is most definitely thin with

Cofield, an unproven rookie;

Joseph, a guy who has shown flashes but hasn't lived up to expectations;

Seawright, a guy who has only shown promise and upside in practice/preseason;

Robbins, a guy who can take up blockers, but is in no way dominant or consistent.

Guest MontyPython

...lets give Cofield a shot. He could be this yrs "Bill Neil"...another fourth rounder NT/DT in 1981 whom won all rookie honors and solidified the middle of the line onceuponatime...

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!

thin?

For starters, Osi and Strahan are not 3-4 DEs. And we don't have the speed nor the size from our LB position to play 3-4.

Guest MontyPython
For starters, Osi and Strahan are not 3-4 DEs. And we don't have the speed nor the size from our LB position to play 3-4.

with all due respect, I think Lavar & Pierce might disagree about speed and size in a 3-4...and Strahan/Osi? I think they could handle it...its just a way to get Tuck/Kiwi in the game more

btw, I saw this being tried at training camp....they looked good.

with all due respect, I think Lavar & Pierce might disagree about speed and size in a 3-4...and Strahan/Osi? I think they could handle it...its just a way to get Tuck/Kiwi in the game more

btw, I saw this being tried at training camp....they looked good.

Lavar, yes. Pierce, No. But you can't change you defensive scheme for one or two player. Pretty much all of your front 7 must have the body type and know how to convert into the 3-4 scheme.

Guest MontyPython
Lavar, yes. Pierce, No. But you can't change you defensive scheme for one or two player. Pretty much all of your front 7 must have the body type and know how to convert into the 3-4 scheme.

hm, they changed the D scheme for one player in the past...(LT)

I am not saying Tuck/Kiwi is in LT's class, yet it seemed in camp that they were trying out diff things, and one of them was this 3-4. Lets see if a 3rd and 8 scenario developes and a 3-4 is used with Tuck/Kiwi being the Rover.

thin?

LOL great idea change the entire defense a week a a few days before the season starts...

not to mention change tuck and kiwi's postion if are are going to move them you would put them at OLB where they can blitz and be that hybrid player that so many people are these days