SportsWrath

Players the Giants have spoke with

Pizan

After what we went through last season at LB and in the Secondary, if we go DT in the first in the draft, then we're not very smart. Now, if we get a shut down CB or fix the hole at S in free agency, than I'm fine with the DT.

But we have to get the best LB we can.

If you put Bunkley or Ngata next to Osi, Joseph, and Strahan, we would have a dominant DL. Dominant. You and I could be the two CBs and our defense would be successful.

DBacks fastest 40 times

Two guys ran under 4.3: Tye Hill of Clemson and Tim Jennings of Georgia.

Four posted times below 4.4: South Carolina's Johnathan Joseph (4.36), Texas' Michael Huff (4.36), Tennessee's Jason Allen (4.35) and Florida State's Antonio Cromartie (4.39).

Five were just above 4.4: Nebraska's Daniel Bullocks (4.40), Howard's Antoine Bethea (4.40), Miami's Devin Hester (4.41), Baylor's Willie Andrew (4.45) and Texas' Cedric Griffin (4.46).

*Darnell Bing worked out at LB as well as Safety

LBs fastest 40 times

Three prospects that ran under 4.5: Thomas Howard of UTEP (4.46), Jon Alston of Stanford (4.45) and Ernie Sims of Florida State (4.46).

Four guys ran under the 4.6: Ohio St.'s A.J. Hawk (4.59), Brandon Johnson of Louisville (4.51), Miami's (Ohio) Tarna Nande (4.54) and Miami's (Fla.) Leon Williams (4.59)

*Said to be the fastest group ever

*Greenway and Howard worked out at Safety as well

After what we went through last season at LB and in the Secondary, if we go DT in the first in the draft, then we're not very smart. Now, if we get a shut down CB or fix the hole at S in free agency, than I'm fine with the DT.

But we have to get the best LB we can.

Defense begins at the point-of-attack, at DT, with pressure up the middle...which we were sorely lacking last season, especially when Joseph got hurt. I'm hoping we go DT in the 1st Round (2nd Round at the latest).

Defense begins at the point-of-attack, at DT, with pressure up the middle...which we were sorely lacking last season, especially when Joseph got hurt. I'm hoping we go DT in the 1st Round (2nd Round at the latest).

You're right, we didn't get much pressure. I'm telling you that with Clancy (if resigined), Joseph, Strahan, Umenyiora and the backups, we'd be fine on the D-line if our LBers played better. My thoughts are

1- Outside LB

2- CB or S

3- WR

4- DT

5- LB

6 & 7- Offensive line depth

Guest Floyd The Barber
You're right, we didn't get much pressure. I'm telling you that with Clancy (if resigined), Joseph, Strahan, Umenyiora and the backups, we'd be fine on the D-line if our LBers played better. My thoughts are

1- Outside LB

2- CB or S

3- WR

4- DT

5- LB

6 & 7- Offensive line depth

William Joseph will continue to be a non-entity in 2006, IF he makes the team...

William Joseph will continue to be a non-entity in 2006, IF he makes the team...

This year is his last chance to prove himself worthy of a first rounder. He needs to stay healthy. You know he will make the team.

Explain to me the Vikings game. How come when Joseph went down, the Vikings patched together a long drive that resulted in the game winning field goal?

The combine is great and all but I have seen over the years CB's that

have great spead and agility that do not have the feel for when to

turn their head around for the ball. I have seen countless times where

they trun there heads to the ball to late only to have the WR take the ball from them.

No doubt there are technics that must be used but its more art than science in my opinion

and having the right feel for it out ways someones 40 time.

Talking about DT for a moment I believe that we could absolutely use a player

in the middle. Its more important than these CB talks that are going on.

Get the right D line in place and everything else falls in line for the Defense!

Guest Floyd The Barber

William Joseph will remain a non-entity in this years defense, and we can only hope someone throws him down to the ground like a rag-doll and he is done for an extended period again...

Guest nosebleed

As he is laying on the field up in Albany like some beached whale, Pierce should come by and drive his cleat into the back of his calf......................

William Joseph will remain a non-entity in this years defense, and we can only hope someone throws him down to the ground like a rag-doll and he is done for an extended period again...

Shows what a real Giants fan you are. You hope for an injury of a player. :confused:

Guest Floyd The Barber
Shows what a real Giants fan you are. You hope for an injury of a player. :confused:

too this guy...yes I DO...it only benefits the rest of the unit

As he is laying on the field up in Albany like some beached whale, Pierce should come by and drive his cleat into the back of his calf......................

How rude !!! The man's income depends on his physical ability and there you

go and pull a Vick on him! dont forget to spit on him also !! :drool:

Whats eating you boy?? maybe your underwear is too tight! :ph34r:

Guest nosebleed

If that puke wearing #94 was to get injured, the other 10 members would not have to worry about some poor slacker.

Guest Floyd The Barber
If that puke wearing #94 was to get injured, the other 10 members would not have to worry about some poor slacker.

plus, it will only rightly open up the opportunity for a better athlete and more deserving player to fill that spot...YOU HAVE TO LOVE THE JUSTIN TUCK EXPERIMENT, from last season...when he played there was nothing but havoc from the front 4...Tuck Osi and Stray were deadly...

they are going to have to find a spot for him next season...he must play an entire game

Guest nosebleed

Tuck is a natural athlete, not some big fat bum getting driven from one side of the field to the other.

Guest Floyd The Barber

Tuck needs PT and not just in relief roles...he needs to be on the field the same time Osi and Stray is, along with Peirce and Torbor...

Guest Floyd The Barber
You want Tuck to play DT?

he did a better job than Joseph, weighing nearly 50lbs. less...we do not run a 3-4 and do not need the traditional big man in the middle...we can run with strah, tuck, clancy, osi...

the huge 320lb. DT is a thing of the past...William Joseph is a dinosaur with ZERO football skills...cut his fat ass

Guest Nutty Sack

There will be a slew of new DT's after Fridays cuts available that would make William Joseph a bad memory hopefully for ever. Heck we could even get a fireplug for the middle, go to a 3-4 and let Osi ,Strahan and Tuck rotating wreck havoc on every play !!