SportsWrath

Players the Giants have spoke with

Pizan

Giants | Team meets with Greenway

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:50:46 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Iowa LB Chad Greenway said he met with the New York Giants at the Combine.

Giants| Team meets with Watson

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:30:46 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Michigan DT Gabe Watson said he met with the New York Giants at the Combine.

Giants | Team meets with Blue

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:33:43 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Georgia S Greg Blue said he met with the New York Giants at the Combine.

Giants | Team talks with M. Lawson

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:27:42 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, North Carolina State DL Manny Lawson said he interviewed with the New York Giants.

Giants | Team meets with Ngata

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:37:58 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Oregon DT Haloti Ngata said he met with the New York Giants at the Combine.

Ngata would be a dream. He'd instantly make our DL dominant. But barring a major trade, there's no way we'll be in a position to draft him, because he's going top 10.

I'd rather have Bunkley at 25 than trade the 25th, 87th, and our 2007 1st round pick to move up for Ngata.

Ngata would be a dream. He'd instantly make our DL dominant. But barring a major trade, there's no way we'll be in a position to draft him, because he's going top 10.

I'd rather have Bunkley at 25 than trade the 25th, 87th, and our 2007 1st round pick to move up for Ngata.

That's what they said about Gerard Warren.

I would love to have Ngata but considering the good amount of depth we have at DT especially if we bring back Clancy and seeing some of our main issues becoming clearer and clearer, we shouldn't be looking to draft DTs in the early rounds.

Besides Ngata and Greenway, can some of you guys give me some background info on these prospects that we have interviewed?

Keep us updated Pizan.

Manny Lawson is an awesome athlete he played opposite of Mario Williams at NC State. Lawson is a bit of an OLB/DE tweener and he'd be a perfect fit as an OLB in a 3-4. 6'5 240-ish with 4.5-4.6 speed and a 45-inch vertical.

Greg Blue is very similar to Shaun Williams.

I'm not sure when the Browns pick but I heard Crennel and there general manager say on nfl.com that there's no way Ngata gets past them.

Browns pick 12th. I actually don;t see how Ngata makes it past Buffalo at 8 or even Oakland at 6.

Bunkley is a beast. Lawson ran a 4.41 today, too.

Holy shit.

Heres some other news.

Terna Nande OLB Miami (OH) had 41 reps of 225lbs

Veron Davis did run the 40 in a 4.37 The fastest time ever for a TE. He also had a 42inch vertical.

Stanley McClover of Auburn (4.65), Mario Williams of N.C. State (4.66) and Wimbley (4.66).

Heres a little clip from an article at NFL.com

The crowd is dwindling in Indianapolis as the offensive position coaches have left. We're now down to linebacker, defensive line and defensive back coaches as well as head coaches. Head coach Tom Coughlin is always the first to arrive and the last to leave.

Bunkley is a beast. Lawson ran a 4.41 today, too.

I wouldnt be too shocked if the Giants went w/ a DT first round. I've even seen Bunkley down for the gmen in a mock or two. What do people think of him? No way Ngata drops even close to us and I believe Bunkley is next on the board at DT. The giants will only go w/ DT if they think he's the BPA on defense.

After what we went through last season at LB and in the Secondary, if we go DT in the first in the draft, then we're not very smart. Now, if we get a shut down CB or fix the hole at S in free agency, than I'm fine with the DT.

But we have to get the best LB we can.