SportsWrath

Okay, so how'd we do?

Ditto

Personally, I thought both our D and O lines were looking good, especially the O, and we're deep at LB and RB. Eli has a ways to go yet, Toomer's the man, Shockey's getting better and better, Burress need's his ass kicked (as usual), and Jacobs is much better than 2005.

Oh, yeah. Although our secondary is much improved ( I think we're going to like Madison and the quarter), I think we still have to build this up.

I don't know how we'll stand up to TO and the Cowboys, but I like our chances more now than before the preseason.

Coverage down field by the Jets was good and Eli had a ton of time to throw but no one was open most of the time. It's times like this when he needs to tuck and run.

Just saw the replay on nfl network. Offense started out flat. Running D started flat. Yet the talent was there to never let the outcome be in doubt; even with the special teams flub. So, we played down to their level (as in not with intensity), but the talent was simply too great to let it get scary against a weak team.

I've seen a lot of games like this, but not too many with us being on the winning side. This team is legit.

So apparently Eli's hurt?

If the worst part of Eli Manning's game last night was his early struggles and not a serious hand injury, the Giants will consider themselves lucky.

Manning jammed his hand after one play in the first half of a 13-7 victory over the Jets and could be seen shaking it. It was unclear on which play the incident occurred.

"It's fine. Nothing's wrong with it," Manning said. "Right after the play, I felt it. But after that, it felt fine."

Still, it was eerily similar to last preseason when he had his arm slapped while trying to throw by Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers. Manning suffered a sprained elbow on the play and missed two weeks.

He also said he was fine after that game, then admitted a few days later he knew he was injured.

"I've never lied to you guys," Manning said last night when asked if he was again trying to dodge questions about the injury.

Regardless of how serious the injury turns out to be, Manning actually played better in the second and third quarter last night after getting off to a rough start. He completed seven of his last 11 passes and led the team to a touchdown late in the second quarter and a field goal early in the second half.

Manning, who was intercepted by Jets safety Erik Coleman on a terrible pass behind Plaxico Burress in the first quarter, finished 10-for-20 for 107 yards.

"I had plenty of time in the pocket. It was just hard getting guys open," said Manning. "They changed up some things and did some things we hadn't really planned for. There just wasn't a whole lot going on.

"But I have to see that. I have to tuck the ball and run.

Greatttt

Just saw the replay on nfl network. Offense started out flat. Running D started flat. Yet the talent was there to never let the outcome be in doubt; even with the special teams flub. So, we played down to their level (as in not with intensity), but the talent was simply too great to let it get scary against a weak team.

I've seen a lot of games like this, but not too many with us being on the winning side. This team is legit.

The problem, imo, is that we didn't establish the run first. It was only later on in the game that our play selection was 50/50. We went back to the run and that's when we got points on the board.

Oh yeah, that's just what we need,

Do it twice for huge gains and he won't have to the rest of the game. You are kidding yourself if you expect him to be Collins back there.

Do it twice for huge gains and he won't have to the rest of the game. You are kidding yourself if you expect him to be Collins back there.

i don't know what you mean by collins but i certainly don't think that eli can should use his legs to prevent double teaming. that's what the running game is for. let tiki pop a few 20 yard gains and see the receivers get open.

i don't know what you mean by collins but i certainly don't think that eli can should use his legs to prevent double teaming. that's what the running game is for. let tiki pop a few 20 yard gains and see the receivers get open.

All I am saying is that if the defense doesn't blitz and they cover everyone down field then Eli should scamper for 10 or 12 ...hell even 8 yards and get them to start thinking about that. I'm not saying he should be Vick but when the opportunity presents itself to then run do it.