SportsWrath

Chad Morton expendable?

Guest MontyPython

Guest MontyPython

With all of the return possiblities (I know Tiki and Toomer won't...but in a injury pinch they could!) that exist now, do you cut/trade Chad Morton?

Or is Morton valuable enough to keep around?

any thoughts?

it was not long ago (see the Fassel era) where special teams were an umittigated disaster. It is noce to see that the ST's are now as equal as the O and D units. Last time that happened? 1990?

I've heard there were trade rumors revolving around Chad Morton, but I just don't see it happening. He's more valuable to this team than his trade value would indicate, IMO.

He proved his value last year, and from all accounts, he's actually improved this training camp. As much as I like Jennings on the field, losing Morton is too great a cost for keeping him.

Even though Jennings had that good punt return, morton has been much better at returning punts this of season. I would think ponder is the odd man out, he is one of the best in the league, but being in couglins doghouse and performing poorly this pre-season hurt his chances.

Also, since ward is out for a significant amout of time, morton could plug into the #3 spot.

I'd like to see jennings on a KR with his blazing speed, but morton is the no doubt starter at punt returning.

Guest MontyPython
McQuarters anyone? I just bringing him up since no one else has and he has had some success in recent years.

exactly! thats why I have all of those mentioned as possible PR/KR men...

Morton can spot Tiki at times, correct. yet, his most value is on 3rd down, whereas Tiki ain't coming off the field with 3rd and more than 3 yards probably. I would assume that Jacobs will get most of the short yardage again, so where does Morton fit in, besides returner?

and if a spot can be saved for another player? either O-line or CB? Col Coughlin will have to think about these things...

I'm thinking Ponder might be the odd man out as well. If so, there's no reason why we can't keep Jennings and Morton on the roster.

Morton as a 3rd RB is huge should anything happen to Tiki or Jacobs.

How long is Ward out for? Anyone?

Guest MontyPython
I'm thinking Ponder might be the odd man out as well. If so, there's no reason why we can't keep Jennings and Morton on the roster.

Morton as a 3rd RB is huge should anything happen to Tiki or Jacobs.

How long is Ward out for? Anyone?

Ward is out 4-6 weeks from break? I think by the 4th week he can return?

Guest MontyPython
There seems to be a lot of trades this year. More than ususal?

yes...?

maybe the new collective bargaining agreement allows that freedom?

If anyone saw yesterday's game, you'll know that morton MUST be our punt returner and jennings should not. Morton pulled off good returns every time he got a chance. Jennings called fair catch when their wasn't a defender for about 25 yards then tried to return it with 2 guys in his face. This guy may have had 1 good return, but everything else he has done has been garbage.

If anyone saw yesterday's game, you'll know that morton MUST be our punt returner and jennings should not. Morton pulled off good returns every time he got a chance. Jennings called fair catch when their wasn't a defender for about 25 yards then tried to return it with 2 guys in his face. This guy may have had 1 good return, but everything else he has done has been garbage.

if you're talking about the giants jets game, they both had nondescript nights. no real winner there.

if you're talking about the giants jets game, they both had nondescript nights. no real winner there.

chad morton ahd a couple 10+yard returns, didn't he? jennings looked like a scared little child out there.