SportsWrath

William Joseph

Guest MontyPython

Guest MontyPython

Has anyone else been disappointed with Willie Joes performance over the years?

I was reading one of my fav NYG dailys, and the question raised was "Will William Joseph be one of the final 53 on the 2006 NYG's"...the author thought that they would not release him this year, that would be admitting a terrible mistake as a former #1, but agrees that he still gives ground to the run and disappears at the worst times. He may be in the rotation, but not starting!?!?!...

what do you folks think?

I was reading one of my fav NYG dailys, and the question raised was "Will William Joseph be one of the final 53 on the 2006 NYG's"...the author thought that they would not release him this year, that would be admitting a terrible mistake as a former #1, but agrees that he still gives ground to the run and disappears at the worst times. He may be in the rotation, but not starting!?!?!...

what do you folks think?

I don't know if he's ever going to pan out, but keep in mind that he held out his first training camp, and then had the torn pec muscle the second. I'm not ecstatic with his play to date, but with this being in reality his second full training camp, you have to factor that he will take a little more time to develop than you would normally expect.

Guest MontyPython
Joseph showed great promise last year in the games he played until he got injured. and Why would we cut our starting DT when we're already thin at the position.

Brenston Buckner/Grady jackson anyone?

hey, if they are searching for free agents and looking for waiver wire pickups, what does that tell ya?

Joseph came out of college with this very ominous warning.."gives ground to the run"...thats why he was the TENTH DL taken that yr @ #25.

His problem? He disappears for long stretches of games.

I believe, unless I am wrong, that Coughlin is leaning toward Cofield/Robbins as the starters vs the Colts?

hey, if they are searching for free agents and looking for waiver wire pickups, what does that tell ya?

Joseph came out of college with this very ominous warning.."gives ground to the run"...thats why he was the TENTH DL taken that yr @ #25.

I believe, unless I am wrong, that Coughlin is leaning toward Cofield/Robbins as the starters vs the Colts?

Just an FYI, Jackson signed with the Falcons.

Guest MontyPython
Just an FYI, Jackson signed with the Falcons.

thanx

figures - but my point still stands. you don't bring in these dudes if you are happy with the status quo...

thanx

figures - but my point still stands. you don't bring in these dudes if you are happy with the status quo...

Unless you want to light a fire under some asses. But I wouldn't be surprised if EA will be checking the waiver wire very carefully in a few weeks.

what do you folks think?

The guy won't be cut. Sure, so far he hasn't lived up to his First Round status but he hasn't been a bust either. Just like antoher poster stated, the guy had trouble getting into training camp (hold out) then got injured the next year.

Besides, we need all the help we can get at the DT position. It's our weakest link.

That tells me the Giants, just like everyone else, are doing their due deligiance (sp). We are thin at DT and you never know who we can pick up for insurance not as a starter. Everyone who gets cut at this stage is pretty much a career back up.

what "giood" has William Joseph really done?

not much but maybe after this year he will get the cut but definitly not this year. I am up for giving him one last shot. It is too bad he was injured. He was having a decent year.

Guest MontyPython

yea, well he certainly hasn't show what a 1st rounder should. at this point, I wish Kiwinuka had 30-40 more pounds and played dt

yea, well he certainly hasn't show what a 1st rounder should. at this point, I wish Kiwinuka had 30-40 more pounds and played dt

Let's not be too harsh on the guy. This is only his third year. I think he and Robbins will do just fine.

Definitely disappointed with his performance since he was drafted. He has not come close to a first round talent. However, he has shown flashes here and there. Consistency seems to be his biggest issue.

Yes, he'll make the team. He'll definitely be on this team as part of the DT rotation. Unsure whether he'll be a starter.

Guest MontyPython
Definitely disappointed with his performance since he was drafted. He has not come close to a first round talent. However, he has shown flashes here and there. Consistency seems to be his biggest issue.

Yes, he'll make the team. He'll definitely be on this team as part of the DT rotation. Unsure whether he'll be a starter.

thanks Gmenroc for showing up with some thoughts.

He really does disappear at the worst times, and to be fair, he does show flashes and thats whats most frustrating. If he does start, watch the opposing team run at his position, wherever he lines up. The Panthers sure showed the way last yr, we will see if that "open door" polciy that Mr Joseph subscribes to, is shut!

thanks Gmenroc for showing up with some thoughts.

He really does disappear at the worst times, and to be fair, he does show flashes and thats whats most frustrating. If he does start, watch the opposing team run at his position, wherever he lines up. The Panthers sure showed the way last yr, we will see if that "open door" polciy that Mr Joseph subscribes to, is shut!

Wasn't he just getting off of injury that game? I don't mean to sound like an apologist for the guy, I just seem to recall he wasn't too healthy at the end of the season. I could just as well be wrong.

Guest MontyPython
Wasn't he just getting off of injury that game? I don't mean to sound like an apologist for the guy, I just seem to recall he wasn't too healthy at the end of the season. I could just as well be wrong.

yea, he was injured for the last part of the season....yet teams attacked his spot BEFORE he was injured.

Guest MontyPython

...with willie Joe seeing very little playing time vs the Jets and Cofield apparently nailing down the starting spot for now, do any of you think his time is up in a NYG uni???

...with willie Joe seeing very little playing time vs the Jets and Cofield apparently nailing down the starting spot for now, do any of you think his time is up in a NYG uni???

No. We're weak at that position as is.

Guest MontyPython
No. We're weak at that position as is.

hmm, well one would think if one was 'weak" at that position, then changes would be made?

he played a little better last year, and while he's largely been a disappointment--including this preseason apparently--we don't have the type of depth at DT that warrants cutting a former first rounder who's still on his rookie contract.

and most of the 9 guys in front of him have been slow starters/non-factors. taht's the nature of young DTs