SportsWrath

Gary Cohen

Is it because I am a Mets fan that I think GC is one of the best play by play guys in the biz? Or is it because he is one of the best? His HR calls are exciting. They get me fired up and his call on Beltran's HR last night was awesome (Outa Here! Outa Here!). His PBP and interaction with whomever is in the booth is very entertaining too. I used to listen to him on the radio before SNY and felt the same way.

Tell me this...is it because I'm a Mets fan or is it because he's that good?

Gary Cohen is AWESOME. He's a die hard mets fan, he said he collected sod from when the Mets clinched a playoff spot in 1969, he was 11 yrs old.

Last night was the best. "IT'S OUTTA HERE! OUTTA HEREEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

Cohen is the freakin man. When he was on the FAN I would make a day of listening to the game and wash my car. He and Howie Rose were great together (sometimes a little hard to tell apart). The new guy on the FAN is ok but does hold a candle to GC.

Also, I wanna give a little love to Keith Hernandez. I really beat him up in the beginning of the year, but he has gotten much better throughout the season. Really cut down on the ME MY and I's. He still relapses into it sometimes, but I think working with GC has really helped him out as an annoucer. He breaks down hitters swings and thinking very well.

Cohen is the freakin man. When he was on the FAN I would make a day of listening to the game and wash my car. He and Howie Rose were great together (sometimes a little hard to tell apart). The new guy on the FAN is ok but does hold a candle to GC.

Also, I wanna give a little love to Keith Hernandez. I really beat him up in the beginning of the year, but he has gotten much better throughout the season. Really cut down on the ME MY and I's. He still relapses into it sometimes, but I think working with GC has really helped him out as an annoucer. He breaks down hitters swings and thinking very well.

I think I remember you bashing him when I referred to him as "The Great Keith Hernandez". He is very good at what he does. He's a charachter too. A bit of a Homer but that's what you want from him.

Another FAN Mets guy that is good is Ed Coleman. I like his style too.

I think I remember you bashing him when I referred to him as "The Great Keith Hernandez". He is very good at what he does. He's a charachter too. A bit of a Homer but that's what you want from him.

Another FAN Mets guy that is good is Ed Coleman. I like his style too.

Yeah, my bad. :blush: I just didn't like the way he always refered to what he did or would do, rather than what the player does or should do. He has gotten much better with that though.

Coleman is good, too bad WFAN did team Rose and Coleman together.