SportsWrath

C'mon now, did anyone believe the Yanks could do this?

charlietags

As Phil Rizzuto would have said "Holy Cow" and only God knows what else. The yankees last swept Boston there the year I was born, 1943. Flippin Amazing.

There have to be suicidal fans in Boston and some may rightfully be screaming for Francona's head. Whay wait to bring in Papalbon last night. I recall Torre doing the same thing to MO and I was going nuts.

Oh well it couldn't happen to a better team. Imagine when Sheff and Matsui comeback? Where do the play? Abreeu is big time and Melky has proved himself a major league player. What a problem. Now if we only had the same problem with our pitchers although Pavano may be back yet.

I was hoping to take 2 since we looked pretty bad against the O's after they got swept by Boston. And even after I read Lorf's thread about banged up they are, I still never expected to sweep.

Question: Why the hell did Manny take himself out of the game?

I was hoping to take 2 since we looked pretty bad against the O's after they got swept by Boston. And even after I read Lorf's thread about banged up they are, I still never expected to sweep.

Question: Why the hell did Manny take himself out of the game?

Because Manny is a quitter.

Impressive series for the Yanks. I never expected them to sweep a 5 games series. That's just ridiculous. They did it in different ways. Beating the shit out them, coming back to steal one, winning a pitcher's duel. They really took the life out of them.

And the best part about it.....

NO SHEFFY and NO MATSUI

Wait till get thrown in the mix. :worshippy:

Keep in mind that Melky played a pretty big role in your whooping of the Sox. So even though you are getting those two back, it's not a 100% gain.