SportsWrath

Why it appeared the DT's played so bad

uconngiants

i am not trying to defend them but they did not play that well...

but if you notice they were on a lot of stunts the entire game...

the DE we go inside and and the DT would loop around

i think i saw that stunt the entire time the first unit was out there it is hard to stop the run like that if you have a DE going inside the middle and a DT who is slower going outside and trying to contain

i think the scheme just hurt them against the run it was fine is against the pass

i am not trying to defend them but they did not play that well...

but if you notice they were on a lot of stunts the entire game...

the DE we go inside and and the DT would loop around

i think i saw that stunt the entire time the first unit was out there it is hard to stop the run like that if you have a DE going inside the middle and a DT who is slower going outside and trying to contain

i think the scheme just hurt them against the run it was fine is against the pass

So what stunts or no stunts the whole interior D-line was pushed around like women..

it was discrageful..

So what stunts or no stunts the whole interior D-line was pushed around like women..

it was discrageful..

well if they are doing a twist (or what ever Lewis calls it) and the DT is going to the out side any below average gaurd/center should just wash him right down the line

I am not trying to make an excuse though

i didn't see the game, but I was a DT in school and stunts leave the DT very vulnerable, you have a big guy turning his body versus bull rushing, most DT's just are not very athletic, and a quick Gaurd or smart tackle can take advantage of that on a stunt.