SportsWrath

Lastnight's game against Baltimore

Lughead

1 our first team was flat the offence didnt do a lot of field marching some 3 , 4 ,5 and outs. Eli completed four of seven passes for 74 yards . our defence was a step behind but so where the ref's <_ on mcnair td .the block that let him run to the right and score was a hold i could see black gloves red numbers giants back>

2 Jacobs started out like ball of fire had a nice run in the first series for 14 yards but didnt show much after that and got lucky on the td that he didnt lose the ball he only rushed for 18 yards on six carries the entier night.

3 I think hasselbeck looked good nice shovel pass to ?????????? was it sims? for a 25 yard gain

4 JARED LORENZEN :clap: what a drive he had to set up Feely for the winning field goal :rock: also to note watching J-LOAD man he has got a rifle check that, A Cannon of an arm he zipped balls out there so fast you could hear them hit on tv even over the sound of the crowd. would of had a td if (ithink the uys last name was MIX could of ran under the ball, Jareds set up and throw looks funny and seems to take a long time to happen but is that because he is left handed or is it his mechanics?

5 KIWANEWGUY awesome awesome awsome in one series he had a sack and a half and hit the qb and and held them to a 3 and out.

6 our first team center line :TD: come on willy joe <_ what the hell was that kinda playing gets you benched or cut.>

7 the secondary late to some balls but hit hard when they had to they broke up 2 passes that would of been TD's

8 Feely missed a 44 yarder but won it on a 29 yarder

9 Travis Dorsch did a good job punting lastnight. Jeff Feagles didn’t punt, but did hold for Feely’s placekicks Feagles is not hurt the Giants FO just wanted to get a look at Dorsch.

10. Michael Jennings :rock:21E6372DB45940A5BB6A83C718CDF048.jpg man just look at them gold teefs :TU: he may push ponder out of a giants uni he had an incredible punt return for a td lastnight. Almost hit he ground twice but kept his balance and ran it in for the score bringing the G-Men with in 2 points of the ravens 14-16

11 Mike Jemison ran well he was the teams highest rusher with 22 yards I belive he has a better chance to make the team than little John flowers and Sims

13 we won yeah but we need al ot of work done yet mostly on the line on both sides offence and defence and some more tweeking with the secondary .

madison also played that deep ball well

we do need to work on tackling though

I thought he played that ball well also, but I thought he could have picked it off. There was some offensive interference that wasn't called though. That reciever slaped him in the head 2 times before the ball got there.

I was a little worried about the DTs before I thought about the last 2 years. The D and D-line always seem to look bad in the pre-season, then they come out and dominate in the first game. I don't think TL shows any schemes in the pre season, so no one can get a good read on what we will do in the regular season.

my main observations ( as follows )

1) Fatman & Robbins were UGLY

2) Jacobs was disappointing ( but the O line blocking was poor for him )

3) Kiwi obviously looked very promising

4) Both Tim and Jared looked OK

5) Remember ! ....Baltimore have a very good D

6) It is always nice to win away from home , coming from behind in the 4th ( even in preseason )

7) We have nearly 1 month to fix things .... we will be ready for Sep 10th v Indy

Great to see Football back ! Go Gmen

my main observations ( as follows )

1) Fatman & Robbins were UGLY

2) Jacobs was disappointing ( but the O line blocking was poor for him )

3) Kiwi obviously looked very promising

4) Both Tim and Jared looked OK

5) Remember ! ....Baltimore have a very good D

6) It is always nice to win away from home , coming from behind in the 4th ( even in preseason )

7) We have nearly 1 month to fix things .... we will be ready for Sep 10th v Indy

Great to see Football back ! Go Gmen

damn skippy I thought you couldnt get Giants football over on that side of the pond?

The second o-line is absolutely horrible. I was watching Guy Whimper specfically and he got destroyed by whoever he faced on nearly every down. After Seubert and Whitfield, if we need one of those guys we are screwed.

Webster has to learn how to lower his shoulder on the tackle. There is no way that McNair should've been able to get into the end zone on that play.

I was a little dissappointed of the lack of action that Jacobs got. I was expecting to see him get a lot of carries with Tiki and Ward both not playing. But he only got six carries. That got me a little upset.

Mixed feelings on Eli's performance. He looked a lot more confident then I've ever seen him, it looked like he had total control of everything going on. I just feel more comftorable with him stepping back to throw unlike last year, where every passing down was dreaded. I was very mad when on third down we had a spread formation and Eli barely went through is progression and went to run it. Not very happy with that. Eli's throws look a lot stronger. His footwork looks better too which was all I was paying attention to. His medium routes were impressive on his throws to Toomer and Plax. We're going to see a different Eli this year I think. That throw to Plax has to be a TD during the regular season. No excuses. And Plax has to drag his feet in bounds or at least show more effort. So not happy about that either.

Don't be scared yet by our first string defense. We were without three of our main starters and our defense has always sucked during pre-season. We never blitz and that is the reason why we failed to get pressure on McNair. I am a little bit worried on how badly Gibril got burnt by Todd Heap though. But we'll be fine on defense.

Hasselbeck wasn't that hard to watch this time around. It seems like he understands and grasps the system well enough and is a decent backup. Better then Lorezen and Johnson at least.

Carter was impressive for sure.

Kiwanuka is FAST! I was very impressed by those three consecutive plays but he was very luck they were pass plays. Because if they were runs to his sides, there probably would have been a very good gain for the back. Kind of like Osi was in his first impression as a Giant. So I see good things in the future for Kiwi.

Did anyone else see Jonas and Duckett rapping at the end of the game? That made me crack up.

I have a feeling we're going to have a big offensive game agaisnt the Chiefs this Thursday.

My take on it.