SportsWrath

Giants Gameday Thread

Admin2

My God, our first preseason game (a game we won) with multiple starters not playing, and some of you are ready to write the season off already.

God help us if we don't manage to go 19-0. :doh:

So now that we'll have the #1 pick in the 2007 draft, who do we pick? I say we take Brady Quinn. :LMAO:

I'm watching it now. First stringers weren't too bad. The defense was a little slow off the ball, had a little trouble shedding blocks, but nothing that can't get fixed. Not sure you why you would stunt with Robbins and Osi and try to get Robbins running around a tackle. :huh: The OL needs some work, but Suebert wasn't where he typically plays, and the Ravens were blitzing rather than giving some vanilla defense. Manning wasn't too bad considering the protection problems.

In a nutshell, we're fucked.

I forgot how much I despise Billick.

Based on his running, I guess Jamal Lewis' asshole has returned to its normal size after getting stretched last summer.

Some more rants:

1) Quarterback sneaks with Lorenzen is vaguely unfair.

2) WR got a tad interesting: Keep Mix, Jennings, or Ponder? Jennings would be a plus at specials, but Mix looks like he could give us some YAC. I think they'll keep one, because I doubt they have faith in Carter staying healthy.

3) Who is Evans? Granted he was playing in the scrub bowl, but he seemed to be around the ball a lot.

4) McNeil didn't look too bad, either.

5) Kiwi looked a lot like Osi did the first couple of years: get upfield, and forget about the run.