SportsWrath

Yanks on verge of aquiring Abreu and...

gateb

He could be. He may walk a lot, but he also strikes out a lot. Could that mean he takes too third strikes in crucial situations? I don't know. Let's hope his defense is a much added bonus. I saw he won a gold glove last year. I hope that wasn't only because he tried for the sure ones.

Bobby Abreu's defense is terrible. He won a Gold Glove (which was a complete joke and completely undeserved) because of his good fielding percentage - which he had only because he makes no attempts to go after balls, so he makes no errors. He does have an absolute cannon for an arm though.

I'm a Phillies fan, so I like to see any Phillie get awards and individual recognition like that, but Abreu winning a Gold Glove was absolutely ridiculous.

Bobby Abreu's defense is terrible. He won a Gold Glove (which was a complete joke and completely undeserved) because of his good fielding percentage - which he had only because he makes no attempts to go after balls, so he makes no errors. He does have an absolute cannon for an arm though.

I'm a Phillies fan, so I like to see any Phillie get awards and individual recognition like that, but Abreu winning a Gold Glove was absolutely ridiculous.

That's all we need, another DH. Someone ought to tell him, though. Lack of hussle doesn't make it in the Bronx.

That's all we need, another DH. Someone ought to tell him, though. Lack of hussle doesn't make it in the Bronx.

That's why a lot of people didn't like him here in Philly...most people more or less tolerated him because he put up good offensive numbers. I've always gotten the impression from Abreu that he doesn't care about team performance, just as long as he has his numbers.