SportsWrath

Rangers trade for Lee

Daniels has been saying for weeks now that he will not overpay for mediocre starting pitching, but will improve the team if he sees an oportunity. I know we are the Power Rangers, but there's been a power outage for us this year, we're all expecting Hank, Tex and Co to heat up, but i think it's smarter to make a move that gives you a power bat and drive in runs. The only part of the trade I don't like is adding CoCo, he's been good in the set up role, but I think adding him was planned, I think they wan't to bring up 1 of our minor league pitchers, the article says they are bringing up Josh Rupe, but I'm thinking thats a move to give him some big league experience so they can make another trade, Rupe, a Minor league SS of ours, (I can't spell his name, Aquaris or some shit) and someone else for a decent starting pitcher.

Bottom line, this move helps us now and in the future, and I think we will make 1 more trade before Monday.

Bottom line, this move helps us now and in the future, and I think we will make 1 more trade before Monday.

Are you smoking crack? The Rangers have no problem scoring runs.

You better hurry and get that kid some exposer, and hope he shows promise. The deadline is 3 days away.

Are you smoking crack? The Rangers have no problem scoring runs.

You better hurry and get that kid some exposer, and hope he shows promise. The deadline is 3 days away.

We average about 4 or 5 runs per game, good but not good enough, our problem is we have been having alot of 2 or 3 run games lately, adding a bat could give us that boost we need. We still have the players and time to make a trade for pitching, and we have Loe coming back soon and Eaton is back and showed some good stuff in his outing.

What I meant by rupe is that he has been in the bigs before I believe and pitched so-so (if I'm thinking of the right guy), if he can get a couple appearences and show he might be ready for a serious shot at the big leagues this season, that might be more attractive to potential teams.

We average about 4 or 5 runs per game, good but not good enough, our problem is we have been having alot of 2 or 3 run games lately, adding a bat could give us that boost we need. We still have the players and time to make a trade for pitching, and we have Loe coming back soon and Eaton is back and showed some good stuff in his outing.

What I meant by rupe is that he has been in the bigs before I believe and pitched so-so (if I'm thinking of the right guy), if he can get a couple appearences and show he might be ready for a serious shot at the big leagues this season, that might be more attractive to potential teams.

I guess we'll see.

Should be alot trades coming anytime soon now. The bell has rang, gonna be a long drunken night watching ESPN. :rock:

I guess we'll see.

Should be alot trades coming anytime soon now. The bell has rang, gonna be a long drunken night watching ESPN. :rock:

Too bad you canceled Insider, headline on rumor central says we're interested in Miguel Tejada.

Carlos Lee is a great ballplayer. Every bit as good as Abreu or Soriano in my mind. He's going to want a lot next year though. And it doesnt solve the pitching problem. It's a lot to pay for 3rd place.

Carlos Lee is a great ballplayer. Every bit as good as Abreu or Soriano in my mind. He's going to want a lot next year though. And it doesnt solve the pitching problem. It's a lot to pay for 3rd place.

Thats another thing. He's a free agent next year and you sent a bunch of decent players(other than Cordero) to them. He probably wont even play for you guys next year.

Daniels talked about wanting to resign him, he said we will make a very fair offer to him and he's already talking to his agent, the money will be there. If he doesn't resign, we'll use the available money to to sign a free agent.

As for giving up alot, we gave up Cordero (he's the only part of the trade I don't like, i would have liked to keep him.)

Mench - take away that 7 game stretch of home runs, and he has like 5.

Nix - Can't seem to stay on the field, I like him but we now have an everyday CF.

As for Julian Cordero, i really don't know much about him, havn't heard his name mentioned much.

I feel we got the better end of this trade.

Daniels talked about wanting to resign him, he said we will make a very fair offer to him and he's already talking to his agent, the money will be there. If he doesn't resign, we'll use the available money to to sign a free agent.

As for giving up alot, we gave up Cordero (he's the only part of the trade I don't like, i would have liked to keep him.)

Mench - take away that 7 game stretch of home runs, and he has like 5.

Nix - Can't seem to stay on the field, I like him but we now have an everyday CF.

As for Julian Cordero, i really don't know much about him, havn't heard his name mentioned much.

I feel we got the better end of this trade.

Agreed. You have a pretty good hitting OF now, and someone to protect Teixiera in the line up. Pick up a decent starter before the dead line though. Maybe Pettitte is for you guys since he'd probably want to stay in Texas.

Agreed. You have a pretty good hitting OF now, and someone to protect Teixiera in the line up. Pick up a decent starter before the dead line though. Maybe Pettitte is for you guys since he'd probably want to stay in Texas.

Yeah we need another pitcher.

Our rotation is Millwood, Padilla, Eaton, Rheineker, Koronka. Loe is coming back soon hopefully, but he will probly struggle for a while. Eaton showed signs of coming back strong, but it'll still be a rocky road for a while. Rhino andKoronka can pitch damned good, I've seen them mow through a lineup, but youth and inexperience has held them back.