SportsWrath

Kiwi agrees!

Motes

My bad, forget McPherson hasn't signed, like that matters.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gia...ports-headlines

DE Kiwanuka agrees to terms with Giants

BY BOB GLAUBER

Newsday Staff Writer

July 26, 2006, 10:01 PM EDT

The Giants have agreed to terms with first-round defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, Newsday has learned.

The deal was reached late Wednesday night, and Kiwanuka is expected to sign the contract on Thursday and be ready for the Giants' first training camp practice on Friday.

Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi declined to comment on the agreement, but two sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations confirmed that the contract had been agreed to in principle.

The deal calls for Kiwanuka to earn as much as $5 million in guaranteed money as part of a five-year, $6.96-million contract.

The 6-5, 260-pound Kiwanuka was the 32nd overall pick in the April draft and joins a team already rich in players at the position with Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora. But Accorsi didn't hesitate to pick Kiwanuka because of what the general manager called his tremendous upside as a pass rusher.

Copyright 2006 Newsday Inc.

My bad, forget McPherson hasn't signed, like that matters.

Just for that, I hope McPherson signs and becomes all-Pro!

(Well, not really just for that...I mean, I kinda hope all of our draft choices become all-pro every year. I know it's not going to happen, I just do. So this really isn't a spite thing per se, but it would really show you, wouldn't it? But then again, you're a Giants fan too, so you really wouldn't be upset if McPherson became a great player either, so this really wouldn't be a spiteful comment at all. And him being a 7th rounder, you really couldn't be expected to know he would be a great player, even if he did turn out to be one. So much for making you look foolish. At worst, you'd be pleasantly surprised.)

Then you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!!

Oh, and good news about Kiwi, too.