SportsWrath

Offseason plan

parlintm

Everyone is fixating on our receivers and paying any attention to how to get the ball in their hands.Have we already forgotten that our starting QB can't throw as demonstrated over the last 10 games of the season ??

We have much bigger fish to fry.

Obviously this entire team depends on Eli and his getting better. It's something that is on him and the coaches. Personally, I have faith in him. I actually think he will become one of the best QB's in the league very soon.

Hes our QB... nothin we can do about it now.

Everyone is fixating on our receivers and paying any attention to how to get the ball in their hands.Have we already forgotten that our starting QB can't throw as demonstrated over the last 10 games of the season ??

We have much bigger fish to fry.

You are a complete moron. All Eli did in his 1st full season as a starter was throw for 3,700 yards 24 TDS 17 INTS and lead a top 5 offense to an 11-5 record, NFC East Title, and get us back to the playoffs for the first time since 2002. What more could you possibly ask of Eli at this point in his career?

This is ripped off a post at Giants.com so i cant verify the credibility:

"Driving home from work today, about 5:15p, Sinorice Moss was on. They were asking him about playing with his brother, and he said he would be ok with it, but would much rather be on his own.

He has met with 15 teams so far, and the the team that has shown the most interest, basically telling him they want to draft him..

OUR NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!"

--- This fits w/ this plan that I have.....

Edited by Armstead98

This is ripped off a post at Giants.com so i can verify the credibility:

"Driving home from work today, about 5:15p, Sinorice Moss was on. They were asking him about playing with his brother, and he said he would be ok with it, but would much rather be on his own.

He has met with 15 teams so far, and the the team that has shown the most interest, basically telling him they want to draft him..

Giants would be more than happy to draft him in the second round. I'm sure they want him. I want him too. Just not in the 1st round.

I think this was implying drafting him in the 1st round.

I didn't hear the report. But I will be extremely pissed if we draft him in the 1st. Maybe they are trading up in the 2nd round to get him. Only time will tell. They also told Greenway and other top 10 picks that they really want them but that doesn't mean we will trade away the farm to move up and get them. Of all the WR's I do like him the best. He is so explosive and he reminds me of Steve Smith. But we just need to much work on defense. If we sign a CB,OLB,and a safety in free agency then I'm all for this plan. I guess its possible but highly unlikely. Only time will tell.

This is ripped off a post at Giants.com so i can verify the credibility:

As of now, I want to draft him but not in the first round. However, if we are really intrigued with him but feel #25 is too high, we should trade down somewhat, possibly get some more picks, and then get Moss.

That's very good news btw, thanks for the update.

As of now, I want to draft him but not in the first round. However, if we are really intrigued with him but feel #25 is too high, we should trade down somewhat, possibly get some more picks, and then get Moss.

That's very good news btw, thanks for the update.

This is possible but I would want an extra second round pick to do it. Are there any teams with 2 2nd round picks?

This is possible but I would want an extra second round pick to do it. Are there any teams with 2 2nd round picks?

We'd have to trade down pretty far in order to get another second round pick for it. That may be too far to land Moss.

And I looked it up, there appears to be no team with two second rounders but I guess if they are desperate enough like the Ravens were for Kyle Boller and the Bills were for JP Losman, we may get a future 1st rounder out of it. If not that, possibly a high second.

I dont think that Moss is the caliber of player that Chad Jackson is. I think drafting a WR in the first round this year would be stupid unless we thought we were getting a potential future #1 caliber receiver. Due to Moss's size and lack of too much game experience, I think we should look elsewhere. I think passing on the crop of LB's without a great reason would be a bit foolish.

I dont think that Moss is the caliber of player that Chad Jackson is. I think drafting a WR in the first round this year would be stupid unless we thought we were getting a potential future #1 caliber receiver. Due to Moss's size and lack of too much game experience, I think we should look elsewhere. I think passing on the crop of LB's without a great reason would be a bit foolish.

Isn't the first post of this entire thread the one where you recommend drafting a WR in the first round? :confused:

Isn't the first post of this entire thread the one where you recommend drafting a WR in the first round? :confused:

Yeah, but it was also contingent on us getting Chad Jackson. It was written a few days before he blew up at the combine. Prior to the combine, in most mock drafts he was getting picked in the late 1st to early 2nd round and I thought we would be able to steal a great player.

I'm sold on Jackson, but not Moss. If his brother weren't Santana would he be getting nearly this much hype? He doesn't have much college production except for some phenomenal special teams play and I've heard that there is fear that his ceiling might be as a third WR and return guy. This draft is so stocked with talent that we better come away with a franchise guy in the first round.

Jackson would be it, but I'm not sold on Moss. Although if EA thinks he can become a future #1 WR and be a dangerous #3 weapon this year then I would have no problem with it.

Yeah, but it was also contingent on us getting Chad Jackson. It was written a few days before he blew up at the combine. Prior to the combine, in most mock drafts he was getting picked in the late 1st to early 2nd round and I thought we would be able to steal a great player.

I'm sold on Jackson, but not Moss. If his brother weren't Santana would he be getting nearly this much hype? He doesn't have much college production except for some phenomenal special teams play and I've heard that there is fear that his ceiling might be as a third WR and return guy. This draft is so stocked with talent that we better come away with a franchise guy in the first round.

Jackson would be it, but I'm not sold on Moss. Although if EA thinks he can become a future #1 WR and be a dangerous #3 weapon this year then I would have no problem with it.

He did play with some pretty bad quarterbacks (Brock Berlin, a young Kyle Wright) yet I wouldn't take him either.