SportsWrath

Billy Wagner

mws44

I didn't get to see the game yesterday, but I saw in the box score that he gave up another run. I know pitchers are human, and bound to give up runs and all that, but I just don't trust Billy with a 1 run lead. He seems to put guys on base every time out, never has a 1,2,3 inning and has the tendancy to give up the long ball. These fireballers are nice as long as they are throwing the ball 99, but a 96 MPH fastball right down the middle of the plate is VERY hittable in the bigs. I think he needs to place his pitches a little better to get those big outs.

I hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but I'm just a little worried about our tight game closing situation in the future.

He's bad in non-save situations. Three of them come to the top of my head. Against Washington we had a 7 run lead and we needed to give him work and he gave up 3 walks with 33 pitches but no runs. The Yankees game of course. And yesterday he had a bit of a struggle. So non-save situations certainly don't benefit him.

I didn't get to see the game yesterday, but I saw in the box score that he gave up another run. I know pitchers are human, and bound to give up runs and all that, but I just don't trust Billy with a 1 run lead. He seems to put guys on base every time out, never has a 1,2,3 inning and has the tendancy to give up the long ball. These fireballers are nice as long as they are throwing the ball 99, but a 96 MPH fastball right down the middle of the plate is VERY hittable in the bigs. I think he needs to place his pitches a little better to get those big outs.

I hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but I'm just a little worried about our tight game closing situation in the future.

I believe the run was un-earned. There was an error if I recall and I remember feeling bad for wags.