SportsWrath

DAVID WRIGHT WITH THE GO AHEAD 3-RUN HOMERUN IN THE EIGHTH!

Blue Jeans

WAGS COMES BACK TO STRIKE OUT THE LAST TWO.

GOING INTO THE BREAK WITH SOME MOMENTUM!

7-6 Mets

1st Place- 53-36. 12 1/2 games up.

3 Mets go into the break with 20 homers: Beltran, Delgado, and Wright's 20th won the game.

Whenever David Wright is at the plate with the game on the line, I never feel like he's not going to come through. I haven't felt this way about a Met since Piazza circa 99-01. Wagner made it interesting, but you just have to tip your hat to the hitter on that one.

Whenever David Wright is at the plate with the game on the line, I never feel like he's not going to come through. I haven't felt this way about a Met since Piazza circa 99-01. Wagner made it interesting, but you just have to tip your hat to the hitter on that one.

Yeah, I have respect to any hitter who can hit a ball to DEAD center in Shea Stadium.

David Wright is just amazing-- He could destroy Piazza's RBI record and Reyes can re-write the Mets baserunning and maybe hits records (If he stays a Met for his whole career there is no doubt he will be the Mets career leader in hits, and maybe Wright in RBI's.)

Yeah, I have respect to any hitter who can hit a ball to DEAD center in Shea Stadium.

David Wright is just amazing-- He could destroy Piazza's RBI record and Reyes can re-write the Mets baserunning and maybe hits records (If he stays a Met for his whole career there is no doubt he will be the Mets career leader in hits, and maybe Wright in RBI's.)

Did you know that yesterday's 17 runs were the most ever scored at Shea? (for the Mets or their opponents). That's somewhat of an amazing stat being that Shea has been around 40+ years.

Did you know that yesterday's 17 runs were the most ever scored at Shea? (for the Mets or their opponents). That's somewhat of an amazing stat being that Shea has been around 40+ years.

Pelfrey got some gift, that is an amazing stat. Hopefully a sign of things to come for future Pelfrey starts or even better, "The Tongue".

Unbelievable. Thank god we didn't lose 3 out of 4 to the Marlins going into the break.

It wasn't a bad series. I'll take the split knowing Maine pitched well yesterday in the loss and we have finally gotten rid of Jose Lima.

David Wright is the shit... I'll give you guys that.

:TU:

I'm fine with a split too but no matter who's pitching and who you are playing against, you don't like losing a 4 game series heading into the break.