SportsWrath

So Sexy

gmenroc

47 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Not a bad deal either, I expected him to completely reset the market. 

Agreed.  They managed to get him without having to beat the Simmons deal.  Big win 

2 hours ago, Herc said:

Agreed.  They managed to get him without having to beat the Simmons deal.  Big win 

I think it says more about Sexy than the front office.   

4 for 6 on 1st rounders... McKinney... Made the trade that landed us Kayvon as we would've drafted Neal at 5 if we didn't have the 2nd 1st rounder... 

I'll give DG credit where it's due, but im still not forgiving him for DeAndre Baker, only managing 1 good offensive lineman in 4 drafts, his shit coaching hires, nor his inability to adapt and grow with the league. Not as bad as Reese to me, but still pretty terrible. 

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

He had some good draft picks. He just couldn't put together an entire roster, and made two of the worst FA signings in team history.

Yeah even Matt Millen made the Megatron pick.

It's hard to miss on guys when you are consistently in the top 10 drafting every year.

DG hit on Jones, Barkley, Thomas, Dex, but I don't think a single pick fro his second round of beyond is even on the team still.

Not to mention as you said the Williams and Golladay FA moves.

He was simply a god awful GM who atleast didn't fuck up his (some) of his first round picks.

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's hard to miss on guys when you are consistently in the top 10 drafting every year.

DG hit on Jones, Barkley, Thomas, Dex, but I don't think a single pick fro his second round of beyond is even on the team still.

He was simply a god awful GM who atleast didn't fuck up his (some) of his first round picks.

This right here.  

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

McKinney and Ojulari from the 2nd round are pretty good. Julian Love was decent.

unpopular opinion: Gettleman was closer to average than awful.

I'm not going to die on that hill, but I do think he left the roster slightly better in 2021 than the roster he inherited in 2018. That team was virtually devoid of talent. You had ancient Eli, shit brained Beckham, and 51 polished turds. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

unpopular opinion: Gettleman was closer to average than awful.

I'm not going to die on that hill, but I do think he left the roster slightly better in 2021 than the roster he inherited in 2018. That team was virtually devoid of talent. You had ancient Eli, shit brained Beckham, and 51 polished turds. 

But look at what BIC said a few posts before…. Not hard to do when you’re picking top 10.  Gentleman was a disaster.