SportsWrath

17-0 or 1-16 atleast.

BlueInCanada

On 5/19/2023 at 12:19 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah that's my thing with this season, by all account we have gotten better across the board, however we have one of the hardest schedules in this year.

Jones doesn't have any excuses anymore, he's getting paid like a top 10 QB, now he has to play like it.

Some of the scheduling is just ridiculous too.  Eight of the first 11 games are road games, and at least four (so far) are primetime?  Based on last year's record too we have the fourth-hardest strength of schedule.  I think it's very possible we have a better team this year but a worse record. 

On 5/20/2023 at 10:06 AM, CrazedDogs said:

He’s very easy to root for. Unfortunately that is probably his best trait as a QB. 

But that is worth something.

Honestly, Jones did everything asked of him last year, with literally no starting WRs.  His starting trio was supposed to be Golladay, Toney, and Shepard, and none of those guys were on the team (well... I guess Golladay technically was...) by week eight. Darius Slayton was supposed to be a training camp cut;  Richie James wasn't supposed to make the roster.  Isiah Hodgins was so good he got cut midseason, but Jones made the three of them look good.  He had one good starting lineman... yet he threw for 11 picks for the entire season, and consistently made big plays when he had to.  

He didn't get hurt, he elevated the play of the nobodies around him, and he made plays when given the opportunity.  You really can't ask for more than that on last year's sad-sack roster. 

On 5/20/2023 at 11:54 AM, Virginia Giant said:

Per much every move made the last two years has been to make Daniel jones a franchise qb. From the coach that was hired to the investments to the offensive line and wrs, it’s all been to give dj the best score. We’ll find out what he is this year. 

Yeah we really do.  I think DJ will be a B, B+ quarterback, but we won two Superbowls with one of those guys so I'm ok with that. 

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Some of the scheduling is just ridiculous too.  Eight of the first 11 games are road games, and at least four (so far) are primetime?  Based on last year's record too we have the fourth-hardest strength of schedule.  I think it's very possible we have a better team this year but a worse record. 

Honestly, Jones did everything asked of him last year, with literally no starting WRs.  His starting trio was supposed to be Golladay, Toney, and Shepard, and none of those guys were on the team (well... I guess Golladay technically was...) by week eight. Darius Slayton was supposed to be a training camp cut;  Richie James wasn't supposed to make the roster.  Isiah Hodgins was so good he got cut midseason, but Jones made the three of them look good.  He had one good starting lineman... yet he threw for 11 picks for the entire season, and consistently made big plays when he had to.  

He didn't get hurt, he elevated the play of the nobodies around him, and he made plays when given the opportunity.  You really can't ask for more than that on last year's sad-sack roster. 

Yeah we really do.  I think DJ will be a B, B+ quarterback, but we won two Superbowls with one of those guys so I'm ok with that. 

See this right here?    You all need to remember that.