SportsWrath

17-0 or 1-16 atleast.

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, JayD said:

Wow to me is the serious lack of reality among Giants fans. 

Jones is never going to be any better than he is now. Everyone is sweating him over a 9 win very weak scheduled year. Every other year that he’s been here, he was a train wreck. 

I think the odds of him even surviving this coming season is next to nothing. No way are we getting another 700 yards on the ground from him without him missing time. Maybe a lot of time. You know you cringed every time he took off. It’s just a matter of time. 

Does it matter that he didn’t have a good team around him?

4 hours ago, JayD said:

Of course. But what’s changed?

A lot has.   For starters the coaches are in their 2nd year and we actual have competent ones this time.    The players who were on the roaster have a year's worth more experience especially our rook right tackle.    The FO went out to FA and got us some talent especially at TE, LB, and WR.     The draft was as superb as any of us could have imagined.    We actually got 3 guys in the first 3 picks who were projected to be 1st rounders (I'm super excited about Jalin Hyatt who we got in the 3rd).    The center we got is the best center in the draft which means our OL will improve tremendously.    Danny Dimes put in the work and carried the team last year and I expect him to do the same this year (hopefully with a lot less contact).     

3 hours ago, The P said:

Jones definitely needs to take a step forward this year.   

Can’t be throwing for only 15 tds. 

Yeah that's my thing with this season, by all account we have gotten better across the board, however we have one of the hardest schedules in this year.

Jones doesn't have any excuses anymore, he's getting paid like a top 10 QB, now he has to play like it.

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah that's my thing with this season, by all account we have gotten better across the board, however we have one of the hardest schedules in this year.

Jones doesn't have any excuses anymore, he's getting paid like a top 10 QB, now he has to play like it.

Exaxtly.  

plenty of quarterbacks with terrible teams threw for way more than 15 td’s. 

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don’t think he’s made any excuses.    Given the talent that surrounded him, he outperformed.    

9 hours ago, Nas said:

A lot has.   For starters the coaches are in their 2nd year and we actual have competent ones this time.   

This is the one major plus, and why in the future this will probably be a really good team. Just not quite yet. 

9 hours ago, Nas said:

The players who were on the roaster have a year's worth more experience especially our rook right tackle. 

and crossing fingers he turns out to be everything we hoped. Till he does that though, you gotta understand it’s just as possible he never turns out to be a good, let alone great RT. No knock on him, these things take time, but as of right now going on last year, we have a very below average RT. 

9 hours ago, Nas said:

The FO went out to FA and got us some talent especially at TE, LB, and WR. 

While I’m intrigued to see what the new TE will bring to the team, he is injury prone and on the wrong side of 30. That LBer was a stand out on the colts, but he is joining a weak LBer crew. The WR sux.

9 hours ago, Nas said:

The draft was as superb as any of us could have imagined.    We actually got 3 guys in the first 3 picks who were projected to be 1st rounders (I'm super excited about Jalin Hyatt who we got in the 3rd).   

Yep if these guys pan out in 2 to 3 years we might have something special from this class. 

9 hours ago, Nas said:

The center we got is the best center in the draft which means our OL will improve tremendously.   

Maybe. Heck even likely. Just not this year. How many rookie linemen have we drafted over the years that instantly had a tremendous impact? He will go through growing pains just like damn near everyone does their first year on a NFL offensive line. Best we can hope for is he starts to get it towards the end of the year. 

9 hours ago, Nas said:

Danny Dimes put in the work and carried the team last year and I expect him to do the same this year (hopefully with a lot less contact).     

In a couple games he carried the team. Mostly though he was just a better game manager than he’s been in the past. Which is a huge plus for the coaching staff. And I know you didn’t say he would be, but again, as of right now, he isn’t even close to being an elite QB. Take away the 700 rushing yards, which isn’t going to happen again, and things look a lot different. 

How many times does a 9 win team usually make the playoffs in our division? Not to often. If it had been any other year, chances are we would have never gotten a shot at the Vikings. Which brings me to my biggest point. Jones wouldn’t have looked like a dime store hooker being pimped out by the eagles in the second game. 

Not saying he should have won that game, but do you think any of the great QB’s of present or past would have went down like that? In there 4th year no less? You thin Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, fill in the blank, would have looked like a total bitch out there the way Jones did? No sir. 

We have a coach who so far has shown the ability to turn young QB’s into great QB’s. I for one am sick of us never being the team who has one. Especially now that we are paying our guy like he is one. 

8 hours ago, The P said:

Jones definitely needs to take a step forward this year.   

Can’t be throwing for only 15 tds. 

Exactly. I don’t get the hype really. Sure he didn’t have 20 fumbles this year, but like, so what??? A NFL QB isn’t supposed to have 20 fumbles. 

15 hours ago, Nas said:

Jay, I love you brother but your glass is half empty…. Mine full I’m telling ya… And I love DJ.   It doesn’t take much to see he has heart.    

He’s very easy to root for. Unfortunately that is probably his best trait as a QB. 

But that is worth something.

13 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

He’s very easy to root for. Unfortunately that is probably his best trait as a QB. 

But that is worth something.

I disagree.    He’s very accurate with his throws and the Giants wouldn’t have invested so much in him if he was simply a game manager.   

13 minutes ago, Nas said:

I disagree.    He’s very accurate with his throws and the Giants wouldn’t have invested so much in him if he was simply a game manager.   

They didn’t really invest that much. That contract is going to be around middle of the league in a year or two. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

They didn’t really invest that much. That contract is going to be around middle of the league in a year or two. 

and obviously they are hoping he improves. 

Per much every move made the last two years has been to make Daniel jones a franchise qb. From the coach that was hired to the investments to the offensive line and wrs, it’s all been to give dj the best score. We’ll find out what he is this year. 

13 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Per much every move made the last two years has been to make Daniel jones a franchise qb. From the coach that was hired to the investments to the offensive line and wrs, it’s all been to give dj the best score. We’ll find out what he is this year. 

I will say it’s kind of a backwards process to give a guy a big contract before finding out what he is. 

4 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Remember when Mara said something to the effect of we’ve done everything to make DJ unsuccessful…. DJ was a first rounder for a reason.    

the thinking is “we have a franchise qb; now let’s get him some weapons”

On 5/19/2023 at 2:35 PM, Nas said:

I don’t think he’s made any excuses.    Given the talent that surrounded him, he outperformed.    

I just mean with the bag he's making and the team around him, he really can't have a mediocre or injured year.  

Last year was a step forward, he needs another this year.  

And he'll need another the year after.

Im pulling for Jones, I wanted him gone at the start of last season, and I ended up buying two of his jerseys mid season. 

24 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I just mean with the bag he's making and the team around him, he really can't have a mediocre or injured year.  

Last year was a step forward, he needs another this year.  

And he'll need another the year after.

Im pulling for Jones, I wanted him gone at the start of last season, and I ended up buying two of his jerseys mid season. 

Agreed.   I think he'll have a superb year.    tough schedule and all. 

On 5/21/2023 at 2:00 AM, Nas said:

Remember when Mara said something to the effect of we’ve done everything to make DJ unsuccessful…. DJ was a first rounder for a reason.    

the thinking is “we have a franchise qb; now let’s get him some weapons”

"We have done everything possible to screw up this kid ever since he has gotten here"