SportsWrath

Giants re-sign Slayton

Sephiroth

On 3/16/2023 at 6:00 PM, gmenroc said:

More quality depth...fringe starter.  I still think a top WR in draft is a need as well as IOL.

Little surprised we didn't push a little more for Slay or Bradberry or another CB...but we can't get it all.

Bradberry?  After his shit-talking?  

On 3/19/2023 at 12:19 AM, gmenroc said:

Didn't look that close...just thought there would at least be interest in the CB market...thats all

Yeah the secondary is pretty much trash. Might have two, at best, guys back there that are starting quality. 

4 hours ago, JayD said:

Yeah the secondary is pretty much trash. Might have two, at best, guys back there that are starting quality. 

I mean...at some point you have to rely on guys to step into that starting role.  Flott was improving before he got hurt.  Robinson is okay as a 3rd CB or in a rotation.  Jackson is fine as a starter.  I think we are okay-ish.  Maybe with some better LB play, we can hide some of the secondary deficiencies.  And it isn't like the offseason is over.  Still time to address it with a June 1st cut maybe.  

I think losing Love is gonna hurt us at some points throughout the season.  Again, he was solid and a role player.  Not setting wirld on fire...but a reliable starter.

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

We just signed that Leonard Johnson dude - that too to a 3 year contract! I have no clue about him - can someone fill me in?

Prospect CB who blew out his ACL getting ready for the combine in 2021.

Man corner who had some impressive stats in college against not so great competition. Has the physicality and traits to stick to defenders but needs development at the NFL level. Wink loves his man corners. 

Was projected as a later round boom or bust pick before the injury, the Giants are basically giving him a rookie contract to see if he can develop.

So we essentially got a day three 2021 draft pick with Johnson without having to use a pick.

On 3/21/2023 at 5:57 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Prospect CB who blew out his ACL getting ready for the combine in 2021.

Man corner who had some impressive stats in college against not so great competition. Has the physicality and traits to stick to defenders but needs development at the NFL level. Wink loves his man corners. 

Was projected as a later round boom or bust pick before the injury, the Giants are basically giving him a rookie contract to see if he can develop.

So we essentially got a day three 2021 draft pick with Johnson without having to use a pick.

Ah ok - thanks!

10 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Ah ok - thanks!

Also for context, he was projected to be an undrafted free agent before the 2022 draft..even before the injury. So don't get too excited. He'll be lucky if he even makes the roster, and is likely destined for the practice squad this year.