SportsWrath

Giants trading for Darren waller

Herc

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The key though is they can cut him at any time, with NO Dead Cap. It's essentially a risk free contract.

Definitely a boom or bust trade.

So Schoen traded Toney for Waller and a 6th.

If Waller can be healthy enough to at least play 13-14 games it would be a big win in that regard with how dynamic he is as a pass catcher.

But he may also end up on IR by week 3.

10 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Definitely a boom or bust trade.

So Schoen traded Toney for Waller and a 6th.

If Waller can be healthy enough to at least play 13-14 games it would be a big win in that regard with how dynamic he is as a pass catcher.

But he may also end up on IR by week 3.

Yeah I'm sort of NOT in love with this trade. I don't like giving up the 100th pick, plus would have preferred cap assets of $11M or so be invested in the IOL and/or WR position.

Edit: I'm NOT in love with this trade

9 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Not in love with this at all. Dude is 30 and injured all the time. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah unless they rework his contract and he take some pay cuts this is an odd move.

Yeah the likelyhood a third round pick brings what Waller does to the table is fairly low, or even contribute in that case.

But atleast a rookie may play the full season.

Then again who are we kidding our rookies get injured at a ridiculous rate lol 

No doubt he complements Bellinger well and can bring a lot to the table.  At only 8mil and change guaranteed...the contract flexibility is huge.

I think he will show up in red zone for us too.  Still need that outside WR though and I wonder if they're not waiting on the draft for that.  

Outside WR, CB, IOL....maybe another pass rusher.  

7 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Real simple, this is a great trade. Guy pulls in over 10 yards a carry average. We needed a tight end and this guy is high end for a third.  Instant upgrade.

The big question mark is how many games does he end up actually playing. Health is my big hold up.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The big question mark is how many games does he end up actually playing. Health is my big hold up.

You can use health as a red flag for anything. It get it. But this guy on the field produces and you have to assume every player will play an entire season. And the financials work out. If we went after guys like Tonyan or Gesecki, it would be the same issue because they got hurt also.

If we get 2 years of good production out of him, he's worth a 3rd easily. 

4 minutes ago, boohyah said:

You can use health as a red flag for anything. It get it. But this guy on the field produces and you have to assume every player will play an entire season. And the financials work out. If we went after guys like Tonyan or Gesecki, it would be the same issue because they got hurt also.

If we get 2 years of good production out of him, he's worth a 3rd easily. 

Some guys are injury prone. Others aren't. He's been injury prone the last two years.

29 minutes ago, boohyah said:

In the NFL, most guys are injury prone if you base it off 2 years. Including DJ and Saquon.

Darren Waller has started less games the last two years than those two, and less than half the games last year alone.

Last two years, starts

- Waller: 17

- Barkley: 30

- DJ: 27