SportsWrath

Best free agency ever

Mr. P

20 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Of course no team ever will. Look at those contract numbers. Lol.

even if you adjust those to current numbers, it’s hard to get that successful of a haul. 

53 minutes ago, The P said:

even if you adjust those to current numbers, it’s hard to get that successful of a haul. 

Yeah this FA class and even JRs 2007 draft are things of pure statistical anomalies.

Team spend millions on players who can't come close to being a reliable starter. 

Not to mention how often first round draft picks flame out in the NFL let alone anyone outside of the first three round having a 12% chance of getting a second contract with the team that drafted them.

Fucking GMs are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. 

37 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah this FA class and even JRs 2007 draft are things of pure statistical anomalies.

Team spend millions on players who can't come close to being a reliable starter. 

Not to mention how often first round draft picks flame out in the NFL let alone anyone outside of the first three round having a 12% chance of getting a second contract with the team that drafted them.

Fucking GMs are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. 

luck plays a huge factor in this shit.  More so than most of the front office pros would admit to.  

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

That was a great free agency period.  The Plax deal specifically, I remember there being a real question if he would sign, multiple visits, looked like it wouldn't get done.  But that was a long time ago.  

Yeah if I recall he fired his agent and went with Drew Rosenhaus and they got the deal done in like a day lol 

I think EA even said the Giants have up trying to sign Plax. 

I would love to be a fly on a wall during these contract negotiations and how some agents can land mega deals so easily.

5 hours ago, The P said:

I'll add to that. 2005 draft was Webster, Tuck, and Jacobs, with our UDFAs including James Butler and Chase Blackburn. And he didn't contribute for us, but we also got Ryan Grant here and had to go through him in GB in Jan 08. 

18 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I'll add to that. 2005 draft was Webster, Tuck, and Jacobs, with our UDFAs including James Butler and Chase Blackburn. And he didn't contribute for us, but we also got Ryan Grant here and had to go through him in GB in Jan 08. 

Cameron Wake was also an udfa for us.  Had a great career in Miami.