SportsWrath

Giants finalizing 4 year Jones deal AND tagging Saquon

Mr. P

33 minutes ago, mastershake said:

All good.

Based on what I've heard about the cap structure of the deal, I'm good with the DJ contract, at least for now. It seems to enable to the Giants to be active in Free Agency, to fill some of the gaps at least.

I had a coming to Jesus moment with Schoen thanks to the revelation about the 2023 cap number, lol.

Yeah I want to see more details but if Jones is only on the books for 19 million Schoen is a fucking wizard. 

Guess we're so used to awful GM's that when we finally have a good one we still are expecting a Kenny Golladay contract for Jones lol 

18 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I want to see more details but if Jones is only on the books for 19 million Schoen is a fucking wizard. 

Guess we're so used to awful GM's that when we finally have a good one we still are expecting a Kenny Golladay contract for Jones lol 

Plus if there's an 'out' after year 2 or 3, where cutting Jones won't crush us with dead cap, it could be a good deal.

Also, Burrow, Jackson, and Herbert at this rate are going to hit $55-$60M easily, so this Jones deal could end up being a relative bargain compared to those contracts.

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Plus if there's an 'out' after year 2 or 3, where cutting Jones won't crush us with dead cap, it could be a good deal.

Also, Burrow, Jackson, and Herbert at this rate are going to hit $55-$60M easily, so this Jones deal could end up being a relative bargain compared to those contracts.

Yeah the Chiefs look like masterminds signing Mahomes to that 10 year deal.

Imagine if they had to give him another contract in a year or two? Dude would be making 80+ million a year. 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

It won’t be a top ten contract by the 2025 draft.  Which means we aren’t paying over market value for him.  This is how it always goes

Think I heard something similar yesterday. Giants are expecting him to be a top ten qb but won’t be posting him as one in a couple years. Front end risk, back end reward. Makes me a little happier

14 minutes ago, The P said:

Jones' cap hits are as follows: 
2023: $18.5m
2024: $45.5m
2025: $39.5m
2026: $55.5m

And I think the 4th year has no guarantees. 

Not bad sure next year is an increase but Golladays contract will be off the books and I assume Williams as well. 

Plus with the cap expected to go up another 15-20 million won't hurt as much.

So Jones basically gets his payday year two for compromising year one but the Giants get the out at year three.

Schoen you mad man you did it, you didn't fuck it up. 

Current Contract

(UFA, signed 2023)
Year Cap
Number
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total $160,000,000
2023 $19,000,000
$82,000,000
($63,000,000)
2024 📝 $45,000,000
$63,000,000
($18,000,000)
2025 $39,500,000
$18,000,000
$21,500,000
2026 $56,500,000
$9,000,000
$47,500,000

I’m starting to hate him as a QB. That might not be fair, but he hasn’t even come close to earning that kinda money. 

it isn’t just the contract. But the contract makes it much worse. Truth is, without the ability to run, he would flat out suck. 

He is one hit away from being the most expensive bench warmer this league has ever seen

13 minutes ago, JayD said:

I’m starting to hate him as a QB. That might not be fair, but he hasn’t even come close to earning that kinda money. 

it isn’t just the contract. But the contract makes it much worse. Truth is, without the ability to run, he would flat out suck. 

He is one hit away from being the most expensive bench warmer this league has ever seen

I dunno we paid Kenny Golladay 45+ million to catch 1 TD. 

Williams made 35+ million for two sacks. 

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I dunno we paid Kenny Golladay 45+ million to catch 1 TD. 

Williams made 35+ million for two sacks. 

How many wrongs equal a right?

we gotta be getting there soon

33 minutes ago, JayD said:

Where would you rank him?

1 hour ago, JayD said:

His ability to run saved our asses because he has no receivers.   The kid put his body on the line.    You have to be able to reward hard work.    

13 hours ago, Nas said:

His ability to run saved our asses because he has no receivers.   The kid put his body on the line.    You have to be able to reward hard work.    

Sure. But you don’t reward one winning season, with only 9 wins, and one playoff game, in 4 years, like he’s Gods gift to football. 

2 hours ago, JayD said:

Sure. But you don’t reward one winning season, with only 9 wins, and one playoff game, in 4 years, like he’s Gods gift to football. 

Well you have to take into account other factors like our WRs... The guy in Philly had 2 or 3 pro bowlers and a solid OL... DJ had none of those.    And the pay isn't really that high if you consider the QB market.    In a year or two, when he has some pieces around him, this deal will look like a bargain. 

4 minutes ago, jranieli said:

He still needs help. The o-line will be a year older. Definitely needs a wide receiver. I would draft one. What do you think of the TE position? 

im actually good with Bellinger and Cager.     Maybe a late round pick or an udfa.