SportsWrath

No.

Sephiroth

I have the same take on him as I do Shepherd.

If they're willing to do a cheap "prove it" deal, like 1 year $2M, then I'd give them a shot on the roster. Otherwise pass. Though we'd still have to build around them.

I'd like us to consider resigning Richie James to a similar cheap deal, plus Jakobi Meyers on a WR #2 type contract (e.g. something like 3 years $38M). James is a decent slot guy who had his moments, while Meyers has been a reliable #2 caliber NFL WR, though he is more of a possession guy, so I'd still look to the draft for a deep threat.

Something like this set of WR:

- Meyers

- Hodgins

- James

- Robinson

- Cheap Vet FA (such as above) OR Draft Pick, as depth

- Draft Pick (round 1-3), hopefully develops into a starter, and ideally a deep threat (Jalin Hyatt or Jordan Addison?)

3 hours ago, Nas said:

We may desperate but getting guys past their prime usually doesn't work out... besides, Seph said no.  

I agree with guys past their prime but I’d characterize him as a good player coming off a banged up year 

41 minutes ago, Herc said:

I agree with guys past their prime but I’d characterize him as a good player coming off a banged up year 

Yeah the theory Allen is past his prime is exactly that, a theory. 

as I mentioned before he’s just 1 (because of a hamstring injury) season removed from 5 pro bowls in a row. 

With that injured season he’s still over the past four years averaged 94 catches for 1020 yards and 6tds.  

my only problem with Allen would be a problem for Meyers too, they both find most of their success from the slot, but Wandale at this point is an unproven player coming off a big injury.    

My thing would be is what we pay for him. 

I mean Jones is probably going to command that high 38 to 40 million.

We need guys like Williams and Golladay to take a pay cut or just eat their dead cap.

Dexy needs an extension otherwise you risk losing him. 

Barkley is sitting there too. 

Sure we have cap room but we need.it to keep some of this team around first.

Then maybe see what a Allen would take. 

But I got faith in Schoen, atleast Daboll can make chicken soup from chicken shit because he's going to be working with it for another year or two. 

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

My thing would be is what we pay for him. 

I mean Jones is probably going to command that high 38 to 40 million.

We need guys like Williams and Golladay to take a pay cut or just eat their dead cap.

Dexy needs an extension otherwise you risk losing him. 

Barkley is sitting there too. 

Sure we have cap room but we need.it to keep some of this team around first.

Then maybe see what a Allen would take. 

But I got faith in Schoen, atleast Daboll can make chicken soup from chicken shit because he's going to be working with it for another year or two. 

Yeah all of these other concerns need to be addressed. Keenan Allen isn't a priority. He's a 'nice to have' if we address many other areas first, and then only if he accepts a bargain basement deal.

For WR's, we need to come out of this offseason with at least one good pickup who can start (I recommend Jakobi Meyers, considering there's not many options and I think his contract may be something like 3 years $38M) and we draft WR in round 1, 2, or 3. If we get Keenan Allen on a cheap 1-2yr deal ON TOP of all that, then that's just icing on the cake. If he instead goes elsewhere, meh.

1 hour ago, The P said:

Avg Last four seasons:

Keenan Allen: 94 catches for 1020 yards and 6tds.

Jakobi Meyers:  59 catches for 695 yards and 2tds. 

Yes, but you need to factor in age, QB play, injuries, role (e.g. Meyers was mainly a backup his first year, then only started 9 games his 2nd) and had fewer snaps.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:10 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Guys Seph said no. 

On 2/7/2023 at 11:10 AM, Nas said:

We may desperate but getting guys past their prime usually doesn't work out... besides, Seph said no.  

Right?  What the fuck, it's like these guys never learned to read or something. 

• 3 weeks later...