SportsWrath

Plaxico 2.0? (Without the gun issues)

mastershake

2nd looks a little rich to me. But the combine may mean a lot for him; he does not look fast enough to be the guy,  he shows very little burst into the open field. It appears he knows how to play the ball though, he’s coming back to the ball aggressively all over those highlights. 

He has plays in college where he beats DBs over the top.

I bet he runs faster than people think (4.40 - 4.50 range). But even then, the 40 is overrated (go look at Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans etc). As long as you're below 4.55 -4.6 as a WR, you usually have a chance in the NFL, as long as you hit in the other areas.

He does have a lot of these 'gear down' or comeback routes where you can see the sharpness and quickness. Tracks the ball well, goes up and gets it, good body positioning too.

SI at least and a few others have him at round 2-3.

He's my dark horse!

I was watching him in the Shrine Bowl and wasn't impressed, although the QB play was a massive part of that. It looked as if he was playing at half speed. 

I'm a bit keen on Xavier Hutchinson from Iowa State if we don't go WR in the 1st. 

18 hours ago, mastershake said:

He has plays in college where he beats DBs over the top.

I bet he runs faster than people think (4.40 - 4.50 range). But even then, the 40 is overrated (go look at Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans etc). As long as you're below 4.55 -4.6 as a WR, you usually have a chance in the NFL, as long as you hit in the other areas.

He does have a lot of these 'gear down' or comeback routes where you can see the sharpness and quickness. Tracks the ball well, goes up and gets it, good body positioning too.

SI at least and a few others have him at round 2-3.

He's my dark horse!

Hey if we draft him and he becomes the next big thing I don't care what round it is.

Those highlights though just scream Ramses Barden to me lol 

He's a big fish (physically) in a small pond, most of the DBs he faced didn't even touch him or play him man up, plus are just dwarfed by him. 

From what I've read he's in the late teens in terms of position ranking giving him a late day two/day three grade.

However I'm sure if he shows up at the combine and balls out his stock will rise.

If we somehow were able to get him in the third or fourth I'd dig it yo.

Would still like a legit WR added, be it trade or FA then if that was the case taking a WR so late. 

23 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Sounds like Ramses Barden 2.0 lol

If he's there day three though worth a pick up with the lack of height at WR we have, but lets hope nothing more than that.

Unless we somehow land Johnston.

I saw Johnston mocked to us last week.  The knock on him is that despite all the measurables and the amazing film, he didn't consistently produce at a high level in college. 

I'd take him in a second.  Would love to see what this coaching staff could do with him. 

The WR class for the 1st round in general this year doesn't seem as as strong, at least compared to last year's draft. Not like last year with Olave, Garret Wilson, and Drake London who are all good (plus I think Dotson will break out in 2023 if he can stay healthy).

Many of the top 2023 guys come with real question marks, including Johnston. Maybe Jordan Addison is the most consistent, though undersized.

I often see Jaxon Smith-Njigba from Ohio State mocked to us, but he barely played last year, and his breakout year was when he was mostly in the slot alongside Olave and Wilson in 2021, and doesn't seem that fast or dynamic to me.

Boutte, similar, to the point where they moved him out of the split end role and put him in the slot.

Zay Flowers, ehh I dunno...seems like another slot guy.

Not that slot WR's are bad, but we need a good wideout who can play the Y or Z.

Everyone is raving about Jalin Hyatt though. Maybe he could be our 1st rounder.