SportsWrath

15 Years Ago Today

UK-Giantsfan

I was working, watched it all on a tiny portable tv my coworkers boyfriend brought in, and she did all the work that night so I could watch the game. 

I got off work at 11. Walked to the bar next door, ordered a beer and put we are the champions on the juke box like 10 times, finished my beer and went home and couldn’t sleep. 

1 hour ago, The P said:

I was working, watched it all on a tiny portable tv my coworkers boyfriend brought in, and she did all the work that night so I could watch the game. 

I got off work at 11. Walked to the bar next door, ordered a beer and put we are the champions on the juke box like 10 times, finished my beer and went home and couldn’t sleep. 

i couldn't sleep either ...........i was jet lagged so my body clock was totally fucked up by 8 hours .......just drank whisky until breakfast

Last SB I watched at home before buying a house and moving out.  Was in process of looking at houses and ended up buying one from a family friend...who wanted me to look at it that night.  Put it on hold for a month because I wasn't missing the game.

Watched it with the Ex-Battle Ax as we baby sat our then 6- and 4-year-old girls. Soon to be 7 and 5

Am still hoarse from that.

Stayed up till 2 AM watching the highlight reels.

The best feeling in the world, second only to my kids being born.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:14 AM, UK-Giantsfan said:

3CB90615-336D-40C1-A01E-3A6B78D08391.jpeg.a68ee047a9822452aaa0ba689be02453.jpeg

What were you doing on Feb 3rd 2008 ?

I literally stood in front of the TV arms crossed and stared at it the entire 4th quarter without taking my eyes of the game or saying a word.   My wife didn't say anything to me the entire time.    And when we won, I was too emotionally drained to jump for joy.   Within seconds of the game ending my phone was ringing from what seems like all my childhood friends and they wanted me to head to Brooklyn ASAP.... which is exactly what I did.    

Squirrels chewed through one of my outside cable wires which for some reason affected my basement and bedroom tv's and both crapped out at the end of the third. but for some reason the tv on my kitchen counter worked fine and that's where I watched the 4th quarter. And I woke both kids who were in bed.

Was in College in India - and this game was on in the wee hours of the morning. Was smashed from the previous Sunday night. Few other college mates who had no clue about the NFL suddenly showed up mid way and wanted to watch some fucking EPL or Soccer game or something - I dont think Ive every threatened anyone with literal and actual violence/murder if even ONE of them touched the TV - they realised I ACTUALLY was serious and just walked away. I sat in the Terrance Common room of the dorm alone and lost my shit straight up!

17 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Was in College in India - and this game was on in the wee hours of the morning. Was smashed from the previous Sunday night. Few other college mates who had no clue about the NFL suddenly showed up mid way and wanted to watch some fucking EPL or Soccer game or something - I dont think Ive every threatened anyone with literal and actual violence/murder if even ONE of them touched the TV - they realised I ACTUALLY was serious and just walked away. I sat in the Terrance Common room of the dorm alone and lost my shit straight up!

Fucking A dude

Leave that fucking TV alone

Go watch your 1-1 tie score somewhere else

9 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Fucking A dude

Leave that fucking TV alone

Go watch your 1-1 tie score somewhere else

Fuck I remember it clear as day - I had red eyes because of the previous night drinking and watching all the build-up to the SB and I stood for the entire second half because I couldnt sit. So there I was - standing in front of the TV and watching - and these guys (friends of mine actually) just came in and said in Hindi - translated as 'Move bitch, we got Chelsea vs Liverpool and we need to watch and it was 5 of them - all I said was - Ive been waiting for this for years - if even ONE of you touches the TV theres going to be a problem and I cant tell you exactly in what way and I just held the glass ashtray in hand - "Abe thik hai thik hai" is what they said and just left.....and i put the ashtray down, continued standing and watched the rest of it

The 2011 one was even better - my college buddies from the US who moved back to India with me sat and watched it - we studied in CT - and they were all Pats fans - I was the only Giant fan - and that was WAYYYYYY more fun kicking their ass with just shit talk right after :)

5 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Fuck I remember it clear as day - I had red eyes because of the previous night drinking and watching all the build-up to the SB and I stood for the entire second half because I couldnt sit. So there I was - standing in front of the TV and watching - and these guys (friends of mine actually) just came in and said in Hindi - translated as 'Move bitch, we got Chelsea vs Liverpool and we need to watch and it was 5 of them - all I said was - Ive been waiting for this for years - if even ONE of you touches the TV theres going to be a problem and I cant tell you exactly in what way and I just held the glass ashtray in hand - "Abe thik hai thik hai" is what they said and just left.....and i put the ashtray down, continued standing and watched the rest of it

The 2011 one was even better - my college buddies from the US who moved back to India with me sat and watched it - we studied in CT - and they were all Pats fans - I was the only Giant fan - and that was WAYYYYYY more fun kicking their ass with just shit talk right after :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I just Loved eating those Pat tears

Belichick was our assholes.

:LMAO:

Just Like Lombardi, Landry and countless others

Without us there is no you.

So, remember that you Loser cunts.

:laugh:

The Egals will be so pathetic when that worm turns, and they are down.

Fly Egals FLY