SportsWrath

Time to lose out?

gmenroc

Nah, even odds vs both WTF and the Vikings, Indianapolis is a should-win, and Philly will be resting starters. The goal should be 4-0. I know this team isn’t winning a championship, but changing the culture and learning how to win, hell even just getting more snaps for this young, developing team, is worth a whole lot more than a few draft slots.

48 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Nah, even odds vs both WTF and the Vikings, Indianapolis is a should-win, and Philly will be resting starters. The goal should be 4-0. I know this team isn’t winning a championship, but changing the culture and learning how to win, hell even just getting more snaps for this young, developing team, is worth a whole lot more than a few draft slots.

This

Shades of 1979-1981 for me

Just play and get better by increments

Thibs is Strahan and the Peanut Butter sandwich

Wait until Thibs get the second and third move

I ain't sayin to rest the starters...but from a fan standpoint, I think it's offseason/draft time.

We couldn't beat Washington the first go...not a whole lot of confidence there.  Minnesota and Indy are 50/50 games.  And Philly could rest their starters after the 1st qtr and we still likely lose that one.

We are definitely picking outside top 10, but there seems to be a big difference between 15 and 25 most drafts.

21 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I ain't sayin to rest the starters...but from a fan standpoint, I think it's offseason/draft time.

We couldn't beat Washington the first go...not a whole lot of confidence there.  Minnesota and Indy are 50/50 games.  And Philly could rest their starters after the 1st qtr and we still likely lose that one.

We are definitely picking outside top 10, but there seems to be a big difference between 15 and 25 most drafts.

Depends on the draft.

Each team gets 7 picks default in the draft, most teams only see one or two go beyond four years with their team, regardless of draft position.

If it isnt a top 10 pick then it's basically a crap shoot.

I think they should continue to play to win.  They don't have to intentionally lose, they will do that as they continue to face better teams.  Giants have come as far as they will go this season.  Just hope they can avoid career ending injuries at this point.

It could be 1981 again the first time in the playoffs since 1963

The won one playoff game that year against the Egals and would have probably beaten Joe Montana's 69'ers if not for a Gary Jeter (DE) roughing penalty when he punched Montana in a scrum

Brad van Pelt OLB for the Giants (the vP in TBCvP) Lost his Lunch on that Play he was so mad at Jeter not Playing smart

One of the few times that Jeter Lost it

5 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Depends on the draft.

Each team gets 7 picks default in the draft, most teams only see one or two go beyond four years with their team, regardless of draft position.

If it isnt a top 10 pick then it's basically a crap shoot.

Talk about a crap shoot...look at Mr. Irrelevant. Brock Purdy torched Tom Brady 35-7. If he stays consistent, SF may have found a diamond in the rough. 

2 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Talk about a crap shoot...look at Mr. Irrelevant. Brock Purdy torched Tom Brady 35-7. If he stays consistent, SF may have found a diamond in the rough. 

I was watching that game.  49ers have a talented roster that is playing very well and helped Purdy win.  It would be something if he can have a career like Brady, going from unheralded to a champion.

59 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

If Purdy keeps playing well I wouldn't want to be that team at years end.

You have the "QB" you traded three firsts for, and has only thrown maybe 200 passes in his lifetime.

You got pretty boy who took you to a SB appearance.

Then you'll have Purdy who may very well win a playoff game as a rookie.

F

9 hours ago, BronxRik said:

For what it's worth, of the current 14 playoff teams, 5 have QBs picked in the 2nd round or later (interestingly all in the NFC). So you can find talent beyond the 1st round, but it may be tougher.

The Giants haven't had much success outside of round 1 with QBs.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

F

For what it's worth, of the current 14 playoff teams, 5 have QBs picked in the 2nd round or later (interestingly all in the NFC). So you can find talent beyond the 1st round, but it may be tougher.

The Giants haven't had much success outside of round 1 with QBs.

Jerry Reese and DG have really fucked this team.

Look at the Eagles they got Jason Kelcee in 2011 in the sixth! Guy is one of the best centers to play the game and they got a HoFer in the sixth.

Meanwhile we are lucky if our first round picks are even on the team after year three lol 

I really hope Schoen works out is all in saying because we have not had any luck finding talent anywhere in the draft.

13 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I watched him for 4 years at Iowa State....I could not believe he went last in the draft.

Kid was a straight up gym rat type who knew everyone player's job....D or O when he was on the field.

Apparently he didn't test well at Combine....but fuck...didn't anyone look at his college tape? Four straight bowls with him as QB...Iowa State just doesnt do that.

C. Wagon

On 12/12/2022 at 3:08 AM, CrazedDogs said:

Spot on. Plus its not like we are Draft King Master Champs that we will fucking stock up a heap of diamonds just because we got to pick 5 spots higher. No matter what, these kids need to know what it means to be in the playoffs - give them a scent of that and they will KNOW next season what to actually play for. Is there anyone on this squad that has even experienced a playoff game (minus Shepard who dropped that ball against GB and OBJ dropped another TD too.....fuck)