SportsWrath

Early mock draft

Mr. P

13 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

Have you seen the OL? They looked like shit… again

I think we're in good shape at the tackles barring injuries (even Tyre Phillips has been a decent fill-in).  We need at least one more interior o-lineman for sure; I'd argue we need at least two (center and guard). 

If I were to pick based on need right now, I'd say:

WR

CB

MLB

Subject to change based on free agent additions or losses. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I think we're in good shape at the tackles barring injuries (even Tyre Phillips has been a decent fill-in).  We need at least one more interior o-lineman for sure; I'd argue we need at least two (center and guard). 

If I were to pick based on need right now, I'd say:

WR

CB

MLB

Subject to change based on free agent additions or losses. 

I'd still go OL but the BPA is always the way to go.    so for me OL, WR, MLB, TE.

Speaking of linebacker, if I'm the Giants GM, I'll make sure I have enough room to sign Micah Parsons when he becomes a FA.    He can transform that defense big time. 

6 minutes ago, Herc said:

He’s not going to be available for a long ass time.  We could’ve just drafted him instead of trading down for toney.  

2025 or 26 I think... I didn't know we could have drafted him... FUCK YOU, DG.  

5 minutes ago, Herc said:

He’s not going to be available for a long ass time.  We could’ve just drafted him instead of trading down for toney.  

I often go back and forth on this.  Would I have rather had Micah Parsons or the Toney picks and Even Neal?   Jury is still out for now but Parsons looks like the better deal... wouldn't surprise me if Parsons self-destructs at some point though. 

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I often go back and forth on this.  Would I have rather had Micah Parsons or the Toney picks and Even Neal?   Jury is still out for now but Parsons looks like the better deal... wouldn't surprise me if Parsons self-destructs at some point though. 

I'd still make sure I have the dough when he's available... either snatch him from Dallas or make them pay the max... win win. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I could be wrong but I think we take Neal if we have only one pick and only took thibs first bc we were guaranteed one of the top two OTs with the next pick.  So I like to look at it like

option 1) parsons and our 2021 3rd round pick (76) vs

option 2) thibs, aaron robinson,  bellinger, Toney’s 2021 and 2022 “production” and the 3rd and 6th round picks we got for him.  

right now id take parsons and the pick.  Then again a few years ago I would’ve chosen beckham and right now I wouldn’t trade Lawrence straight up for beckham let alone all the other shit we got.  I bet the bears don’t have buyers remorse lately either 

by round I would go

1) WR

2) LB

3) G/C

3 (pick from KC) TE

4) CB

5) LB

6) DT

7) WR

Did any of you see how awful our lbs were yesterday? McFadden looks hopeless, and Tae Crowder and Jaylon Smith are backups at best, or at least you can get away with one of them if you have two good LBs alongside him, which we do not have.

15 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I like Ward an awful lot at LB...but agreed on Crowder and Smith and McFadden. 

Ximines is tolerable...seems to be around the ball, but in need of help to finish the play.

Yeah I think we're really missing a good ILB and WLB. The SLBs I'm okay with. I'd be happy if we kept Ward around.