Jump to content
SportsWrath

It's gameday dudes and dudettes


BlueInCanada
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, jranieli said:

I feel the coaching staff managed to take a lot of pressure off of Jones and he is not trying to do stupid things on his own. Better coaching, better pizza, Papa Daboll

I like that slogan (a bit modified):

Better Coaching, Better Players, Papa Daboll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Agreed ……. Maybe some of Gettleman’s picks were not as bad as we all thought

unpopular opinion: Gettleman wasn't the problem, Reese wasn't the problem, Mara and his sperm lotto cohort were the problem. 

Gettleman's drafting sure wasn't the problem, his picks were about average overall. It was inheriting a roster of pure shite and - I'm guessing - a push form ownership to overvalue the roster and reload via free agency. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The P said:

Outside of drafting, Gettleman wasn’t good.

 

and Mara also hired Schoen and Daboll.  

God Getty was just the worst thing for the Giants at that point in time.

Convinced ownership to role with a broken down Eli.

Drafted and signed a bunch of O-line just to have some of the worst O-lines in football.

Hired Schumer and Judge.

Went out and gave guys like Stewart contracts. 

Looking back in his career he has got to be one of the worst GMs to ever be in the NFL. 

Took Carolina and ran them into the ground too lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The P said:

Outside of drafting, Gettleman wasn’t good.

 

and Mara also hired Schoen and Daboll.  

I’d hesitate to call the drafting good either, it just wasn’t anywhere near as abysmal as its been popular to say. 
 

and indeed this leadership team is a Mara hire too, but there’s been a sea change in Mara’s mind set this year. It seems he learned the error of his ways. 
 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

God Getty was just the worst thing for the Giants at that point in time.

Convinced ownership to role with a broken down Eli.

Drafted and signed a bunch of O-line just to have some of the worst O-lines in football.

Hired Schumer and Judge.

Went out and gave guys like Stewart contracts. 

Looking back in his career he has got to be one of the worst GMs to ever be in the NFL. 

Took Carolina and ran them into the ground too lol 

See that’s where I’m coming around… not that I’m going to die on this hill, but I think in aggregate Gettleman was much closer to average than the worst ever….. Given the constraints of ownership. (Similar limitations in Carolina too, Richardson was a clusterfuck of a team owner).
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I’d hesitate to call the drafting good either, it just wasn’t anywhere near as abysmal as its been popular to say. 
 

and indeed this leadership team is a Mara hire too, but there’s been a sea change in Mara’s mind set this year. It seems he learned the error of his ways. 
 

See that’s where I’m coming around… not that I’m going to die on this hill, but I think in aggregate Gettleman was much closer to average than the worst ever….. Given the constraints of ownership. (Similar limitations in Carolina too, Richardson was a clusterfuck of a team owner).
 

 

The drafting wasn't terrible. I am saying average. Most of everything else was below average. Plenty of players still on the roster and a bunch of starters. Maybe he neglected the o-line until it was to late? 

2021 1 Kadarius Toney 20 WR 2022 0 0 0 3 14 1 3 19 0 0 7 62 0 47 489 1     Florida
2021 2 Azeez Ojulari 50 OLB 2022 0 0 1 7 19                         9.0 Georgia
2021 3 Aaron Robinson 71 DB 2022 0 0 0 1 11                           Central Florida
2021 4 Elerson Smith 116 DL 2022 0 0 0 1 10                           Northern Iowa
2021 6 Gary Brightwell 196 RB 2022 0 0 0 0 22           5 23 1 1 6 0     Arizona
2021 6 Rodarius Williams 201 CB 2021 0 0 0 0 5                           Oklahoma St.
Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St wAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2020 1 Andrew Thomas 4 T 2022 0 0 2 11 38                 1 2 1     Georgia
2020 2 Xavier McKinney 36 S 2022 0 0 1 9 31                       6 1.0 Alabama
2020 3 Matt Peart 99 T 2022 0 0 0 3 27                           Connecticut
2020 4 Darnay Holmes 110 CB 2022 0 0 0 5 32                       2 0.5 UCLA
2020 5 Shane Lemieux 150 G 2021 0 0 1 3 13                           Oregon
2020 6 Cam Brown 183 LB 2022 0 0 0 2 36                           Penn St.
2020 7 Carter Coughlin 218 LB 2022 0 0 0 3 30                         1.0 Minnesota
2020 7 T.J. Brunson 238 LB 2020 0 0 0 0 5                           South Carolina
2020 7 Chris Williamson 247 CB 2021 0 0 0 0 5                           Minnesota
2020 7 Tae Crowder 255 LB 2022 0 0 2 13 37                       2 2.0 Georgia
Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St wAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2019 1 Daniel Jones 6 QB 2022 0 0 3 24 47 952 1505 9994 53 31 241 1387 8 1 16 0     Duke
2019 1 Dexter Lawrence 17 DT 2022 0 0 2 19 57                         14.0 Clemson
2019 1 Deandre Baker 30 CB 2021 0 0 1 6 26                         1.0 Georgia
2019 3 Oshane Ximines 95 DE 2022 0 0 0 5 37                         6.5 Old Dominion
2019 4 Julian Love 108 CB 2022 0 0 0 8 57                       4 1.5 Notre Dame
2019 5 Ryan Connelly 143 LB 2021 0 0 0 4 30                       2 1.0 Wisconsin
2019 5 Darius Slayton 171 WR 2022 0 0 2 14 51           3 -14 0 143 2157 15     Auburn
2019 6 Corey Ballentine 180 CB 2022 0 0 0 2 33                           Washburn
2019 7 George Asafo-Adjei 232 T   0 0 0                               Kentucky
2019 7 Chris Slayton 245 DT   0 0 0                               Syracuse
Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St wAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2018 1 Saquon Barkley 2 RB 2022 0 1 3 28 53           857 3868 25 219 1679 8     Penn St.
2018 2 Will Hernandez 34 G 2022 0 0 3 23 71                           Texas-El Paso
2018 3 Lorenzo Carter 66 DE 2022 0 0 3 17 59                       2 17.0 Georgia
2018 3 B.J. Hill 69 DT 2022 0 0 2 11 73                         15.0 North Carolina St.
2018 4 Kyle Lauletta 108 QB 2018 0 0 0 0 2 0 5 0 0 1 1 -2 0           Richmond
2018 5 R.J. McIntosh 139 DT 2019 0 0 0 1 18                         2.0 Miami (FL)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

unpopular opinion: Gettleman wasn't the problem, Reese wasn't the problem, Mara and his sperm lotto cohort were the problem. 

Gettleman's drafting sure wasn't the problem, his picks were about average overall. It was inheriting a roster of pure shite and - I'm guessing - a push form ownership to overvalue the roster and reload via free agency. 

The Maras carry a Lot of faults for this shit show

They were far too involved with the franchise as if they were Wellington Mara

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I’d hesitate to call the drafting good either, it just wasn’t anywhere near as abysmal as its been popular to say. 
 

and indeed this leadership team is a Mara hire too, but there’s been a sea change in Mara’s mind set this year. It seems he learned the error of his ways. 
 

See that’s where I’m coming around… not that I’m going to die on this hill, but I think in aggregate Gettleman was much closer to average than the worst ever….. Given the constraints of ownership. (Similar limitations in Carolina too, Richardson was a clusterfuck of a team owner).
 

 

More than this leadership being a Mara hire - the critical thing is him giving complete control to Schoen and Daboll in all personnel decision and deciding to stay away from any and all decisions regarding the team. This is the difference which was not there with the previous shit regimes.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...